How to change the data icon?

Search This thread

SergioRmz

Aug 24, 2014
Monterrey
Hello guys.

I just rooted my device and flashed the CloudyG3 ROM (which is working great in my phone) in an LG G2, D801 model from T-Mobile.

I have only made little changes using G2 Xposed app but a change that I rrally want to make is in the data icons that are shown in the status bar.

LTE is not available in my current location, but in home I get HSPA/HSPA+ with good speeds. My phone used to have a 4G icon when connected to H/H+ and 2G when in EDGE. Now, with this ROM I only get E and H (even not H+) in the status bar. The speeds are as good as they should be but it's about the icon shown.

Do you know an app or a way to change it?

Thanks! ??

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
First off check the lg g2 forums for the best answers (your in the HTC g2 forum)
Second know it could be an issue with the ROM or radio/baseband/modem or could just be the way the icons are displayed. Really you can put any icon in there you want and it won't mean 4g, so test your speeds before and after ROM flashes to be sure

SergioRmz

Aug 24, 2014
Monterrey
First off check the lg g2 forums for the best answers (your in the HTC g2 forum)
Second know it could be an issue with the ROM or radio/baseband/modem or could just be the way the icons are displayed. Really you can put any icon in there you want and it won't mean 4g, so test your speeds before and after ROM flashes to be sure

Yes, sorry, I didn't notice the forum I selected. Anyways thanks for your answer. The ROM displays those icons, it's not a mistake, but I'd like to change them.