[How To] Change XT9 dictionary

Search This thread

AeroByte

Dec 11, 2009
I have seen a lot asking how to change the XT9 dictionary to a language not listed. After having a hard time finding a solution myself i decided to write this guide.

If you are using a ROM with another language than the language you want your XT9 dictionary to be and that dictionary language isn't in the XT9 language menu, don't worry. All you need to do is adding a few things in the registry.

First go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\

Open the key:
AvailableLanguages

In this you will see a Value like:
0109,010C,0107,0110,010A

These are the langues (you currently) can choose between. Add the language you want to use, ex. danish is 0106:
0106,0109,010C,0107,0110,010A

Here's a list of most of the dictionary codes (sorry i don't know all of them, if anyone got a complete list be free to reply with a link or the list and i'll add it):
  • 0101 = Arabic
  • 0105 = Czech
  • 0106 = Danish
  • 0107 = German
  • 0108 = Greek
  • 0109 = English
  • 010A = Spanish
  • 010B = Finnish
  • 010C = French
  • 0110 = Italian
  • 0113 = Dutch
  • 0114 = Norwegian
  • 0115 = Polish
  • 0116 = Portuguese
  • 010e = Hungarian
  • 0118 = Romanian
  • 0119 = Russian
  • 011B = Slovak
  • 011D = Swedish
  • 011F = Turkish
  • Unknown = Serbian

Next go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\LdbFiles\

Add a new string value with the name of the language you want to add (ex 0106 for danish). Then in value add the filename of the dictionary you want to link the language to. Here's a list of the dictionaries in the WWE 1.61 ROM (my guess of languages in parentesis):
  • ARlsUN_xt9.ldb (Arabic)
  • CSlsUN_xt9.ldb (Serbian)
  • DAlsUN.ldb (Danish)
  • DElsUN_xt9.ldb (German)
  • ELlsUN_xt9.ldb (Greek)
  • ENlbUN_xt9s.ldb (English)
  • ESlsUN.ldb (Spanish)
  • FIlsUN.ldb (Finnish)
  • FRlsUN_xt9s.ldb (French)
  • HUlsUN_xt9.ldb (Hungarian)
  • ITlsUN.ldb (Italian)
  • NLlsUN_xt9.ldb (Dutch)
  • NOlsUN.ldb (Norwegian)
  • PLlsUN_xt9.ldb (Polish)
  • PTlsUN_xt9.ldb (Portuguese)
  • ROlsUN_xt9.ldb (Romanian)
  • RUlsUN_xt9.ldb (Russian)
  • SKlsUN_xt9.ldb (Slovak)
  • SVlsUN.ldb (Swedish)
  • TRlsUN_xt9.ldb (Turkish)

After adding the value, soft reset your phone and you can now choose the language you added in the XT9 menu.

Should you still experience minor problems, like freezes, slow dictionary, etc., try this. Go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\LanguageKeyBoardIDMapping

Take the dictionary code you just added, and replace the FIRST 2 digits with 09. For example if you added 0106, you change that to 0906. Now add a new string value, name it the original code, ex. 0106 and as value you input the 09 value, ex. 0906 (Thanks to bel_z_bub).

26/03/10 - Added the missing dictionary codes!

Last edited:

zelduy

Nov 26, 2008
how do I dissable he xT9?? I dont really using it in my language.. coz my finger keeps on accidentaly pressing xT9 and ABC

bel_z_bub

Dec 24, 2009
I already posted something like that here guess I should have made a topic about it..

but it kept crashing/not working sometimes (well, three times total since) and after some more searching I think you also must add a value to:

for Dutch I added a new string value named 0113 with a value of 0913

just take the last two numbers/letters of your languages code and put 09 in front of it..

there might be more that need to be changed.. I'm still testing this change as I just found out..

AeroByte

Dec 11, 2009
I already posted something like that here guess I should have made a topic about it..

but it kept crashing/not working sometimes (well, three times total since) and after some more searching I think you also must add a value to:

for Dutch I added a new string value named 0113 with a value of 0913

just take the last two numbers/letters of your languages code and put 09 in front of it..

there might be more that need to be changed.. I'm still testing this change as I just found out..

The error you describe on the other post happened on mine with original ROM as well without changing XT9, so far i haven't experienced it after instaling WWE ROM and changing it to Danish XT9 dictionary.

Should i experience it, then as i say it's just like with the original ROM, it's not a sideeffect of doing this.

From the name of the folder you listed above, i guess that just for using other keyboardmappings, with different languages. Unless you have another alphabet (not ABC) i guess it's not needed to add.

Last edited:

bel_z_bub

Dec 24, 2009
The error you describe on the other post happened on mine with original ROM as well without changing XT9, so far i haven't experienced it after instaling WWE ROM and changing it to Danish XT9 dictionary.

Should i experience it, then as i say it's just like with the original ROM, it's not a sideeffect of doing this.

From the name of the folder you listed above, i guess that just for using other keyboardmappings, with different languages. Unless you have another alphabet (not ABC) i guess it's not needed to add.

From the keys in that folder listed above, you might guess windows is missing a value when you change languages as all the original languages are there. Seems like it's only logical to add your new values there as well don't you think? The same keyboardmapping or not, windows apparently needs a value when you change languages. Why would all the values be different if it's the same mapping?

The crashes occured when I changed language from dutch to english and back to dutch again when typing. And after a night of hardcore testing with the new keyboardID, it hasn't crashed anymore.

o yeah. I think SV is Svenska (Swedish) but not sure..

Last edited:

AeroByte

Dec 11, 2009
From the keys in that folder listed above, you might guess windows is missing a value when you change languages as all the original languages are there. Seems like it's only logical to add your new values there as well don't you think? The same keyboardmapping or not, windows apparently needs a value when you change languages. Why would all the values be different if it's the same mapping?

The crashes occured when I changed language from dutch to english and back to dutch again when typing. And after a night of hardcore testing with the new keyboardID, it hasn't crashed anymore.

o yeah. I think SV is Svenska (Swedish) but not sure..

Well, i dont have the value added and i still haven't experienced it. But now people can read it if they experience the same.

bel_z_bub

Dec 24, 2009
Well, i dont have the value added and i still haven't experienced it. But now people can read it if they experience the same.

Allright have it your way, but I think the guide is incomplete like this.. it seems only logic to add the value.. just like you added it to the AvailableLanguages key.. and I wrote a ton of messages today english and dutch and haven't had any problems anymore..

Last edited: