How to close STK service app??

millerm

Mar 30, 2006
Hi,

Is there any way to close the STK service?? (Sim tool kit)

I have noticed before that it isn't possible to close it after you have opened it. (Even with Magic button)

But now I do use it for my new dual sim adapter. The reason I want to turn it of is that it uses an increadible amount of power!

Teh strange thing is that it only uses so much power after I have started the STK service!! So I was wondering if I could just switch sims thru STK and than close it.

Maybe there is an alternative program?

Thanks for your help and/or opinions!

Last edited:

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
Hi,

Is there any way to close the STK service?? (Sim tool kit)

I have noticed before that it isn't possible to close it after you have opened it. (Even with Magic button)

But now I do use it for my new dual sim adapter. The reason I want to turn it of is that it uses an increadible amount of power!

Teh strange thing is that it only uses so much power after I have started the STK service!! So I was wondering if I could just switch sims thru STK and than close it.

Maybe there is an alternative program?

Thanks for your help and/or opinions!
download task manager v2.1
from this site
u can desable the service with it or make it start manualy.

and thank you very much ......u just solved the problem that i been having with faria 3.2 beta4 rom.

thanks

Last edited:

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
Thanks for your reply.. I'm checking it out now.

But how did I help you? :)
i been having severe power drainage .so i thought it was somenting in my beta rom.when i read your post i realize that it started when i put the dual sim card adapter.

batery would drain 30% in 9 hours!!! with nothing installed.

thanks again

millerm

Mar 30, 2006
Doh..! I have the exact same problem.. :( Anyway I'm glad for your ROM you found out! :)

Hmm I just ran the task manager.. But it doesn't help!

"Service stop error"
'The service cannot accept control messages at this time'

Now put it at manual startup to see if that will give me control..