Question How to Convert Japanese Pixel 7 to Global Version?

Search This thread

AJ205

Dec 27, 2011
Google Pixel 7
i was looking at this guide on how to do it on the pixel 6 and was wondering how to do it on the 7. what about the factory images from google? can i flash this image instead?

Last edited:

AJ205

Dec 27, 2011
Google Pixel 7
after some trial and error using the factory images that google provides, its a bit difficult for me personally with the amount of free time that i have to intensively research this project. so i gained root, enabled volte wifi calling and 5g using this great guide and enabled the camera sounds toggle using this module so i can silence the annoying fake shutter sound. so far so good. i think that there are more things to do like passing the saftynet thing and maybe tinkering in the buildprop.

Last edited:

renzgy

Feb 26, 2014
Google Pixel 7 Pro
i was looking at this guide on how to do it on the pixel 6 and was wondering how to do it on the 7. what about the factory images from google? can i flash this image instead?
Hi, some step right here and I know one guy who change the SKU number only.

Reactions: Pannka and AJ205

wlteh

Oct 18, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7
Big thank you for sharing this and to @HarryShan for the simple instructions.

I wanted to contribute in a tiny way since I didn't see it in this thread.

The JP SKU for Pixel 7 is G03Z5
For the other 2 SKU numbers
GQML3
GVU6C

I used the first one since it is listed to have support for both 5G networks. Source: https://www.xda-developers.com/google-pixel-7-5g-support/

I think the GQML3 version is only for Verizon units, which is considered locked. I'm not sure if that will affect your connectivity in any way if you're not on Verizon. The GVU6C is the unlocked version which is meant for global use on any carriers.

Reactions: Pannka and AJ205

Pannka

Nov 30, 2022
Thank you @wlteh for the info. I haven't actually inserted my SIM yet to test so I will change to the GVU6C version beforehand.

Also if anyone plans on unrooting the phone, don't forget to flash the stock image first. I got a "No operating system could be found" message after I bootlocked my phone. Luckliy "volume down + power button" combo got me back into fastboot so I could unlock the bootloader again.

lakshane251

Apr 25, 2014
colombo
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi Guys

I've managed to convert my JP pixel 7 into global version but the thing is most of voice calls are working only 3g mode when i switch it to 4G or 5G voice calls are not works for me. When someone trying to call to my phone its says my mobile phone is swithed off. any idea to fix this?

Top Liked Posts