Question How to convert Pixel 6A Japanese rom to Global?

Search This thread

reinearl

Jan 17, 2013
Iloilo
Good day. I ordered a japanese variant of pixel 6a because it's way cheaper than the global variant. Can someone help me find a guide flashing/converting the rom from japanese to global? Thank you in advance!

kondrakov

Mar 20, 2019
Запустите приложение Magisk - иконка Модули - Установка из хранилища - выберите на sdcard скачанный и сохраненный файл.zip скрипта для запуска на выполнение.

Mod translation: Launch the Magisk application - Modules icon - Install from storage - select the downloaded and saved .zip script file on the sdcard to run it for execution.

Attachments

• MID_Changer_v2.10-MAGISK-TWRP.zip
    952.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:

smokejumper76

Nov 28, 2014
Curious..when you use the camera, is the shutter sound forced on still? I guess Japan phones due to local laws the camera HAS to have a shutter sound and I've heard reports that it's persistant even when flashing another firmware/region. Would like to now if this is still the case.

smokejumper76

Nov 28, 2014
It is, which is why custom Roms turn it off
That is so crazy. I wonder how they are able to do that in the sense of hardware and different firmware versions. I guess maybe the Japan version has some sort of physical hardware that the other regions don't? Just from the hypothetical of flashing a different region on a presumably identical device, I would have [first] thought that the device would function exactly the same as an non-Japan model of that flashed region. And to require additional steps to stil turn off the shutter, makes me even more curious. LOL. It's like a super secret shadow NAND or something..lol

Thanks for confirming.

* Maybe it's an EFS thing the FWs don't normally touch.Or certain NV entries. Hmm. I wonder if actually "cloning" a complete EFS/NV from one region to another another phone would do it.

** I have a QPST NV dump from a 4a5g I traded in. If anyone has a Japan 4a5g with the forced shutter and wanna try nuking from my dump and see if it works, would be cool to seeif it did. Would change IMEI and everything else tho so one would have to know how to change that stuff back which is not really allowed here and I'm not telling..lol

Last edited:

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
That is so crazy. I wonder how they are able to do that in the sense of hardware and different firmware versions. I guess maybe the Japan version has some sort of physical hardware that the other regions don't? Just from the hypothetical of flashing a different region on a presumably identical device, I would have [first] thought that the device would function exactly the same as an non-Japan model of that flashed region. And to require additional steps to stil turn off the shutter, makes me even more curious. LOL. It's like a super secret shadow NAND or something..lol

Thanks for confirming.

* Maybe it's an EFS thing the FWs don't normally touch.Or certain NV entries. Hmm. I wonder if actually "cloning" a complete EFS/NV from one region to another another phone would do it.

** I have a QPST NV dump from a 4a5g I traded in. If anyone has a Japan 4a5g with the forced shutter and wanna try nuking from my dump and see if it works, would be cool to seeif it did. Would change IMEI and everything else tho so one would have to know how to change that stuff back which is not really allowed here and I'm not telling..lol
It's done via software based on the hardware version of the device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Запустите приложение Magisk - иконка Модули - Установка из хранилища - выберите на sdcard скачанный и сохраненный файл.zip скрипта для запуска на выполнение.

Mod translation: Launch the Magisk application - Modules icon - Install from storage - select the downloaded and saved .zip script file on the sdcard to run it for execution.
    Curious..when you use the camera, is the shutter sound forced on still? I guess Japan phones due to local laws the camera HAS to have a shutter sound and I've heard reports that it's persistant even when flashing another firmware/region. Would like to now if this is still the case.
    It is, which is why custom Roms turn it off