Question How to convert the T mobile 9 pro to the Global or NA OOS12?

Search This thread

run93

Sep 27, 2022
Hello all!

I am an user of OnePlus 9 pro (T-mobile). I don't want the pink startup screen, and I found a lot of resources here can help me on it.

I have backup all my personal data. I have unlocked the sim and bootloader (using the official unlock_token.bin). What is the next step?

I am lost here since there are some different posts (and some posted last year, I am not sure if this still work or not).

Thank you all!

run93

Sep 27, 2022
First off do not update to A12, make sure USB debug is enabled, auto updates disabled....do that and I hope you are on A11...if so, I have exactly what you need
I just unlocked the bootloader. It is now Android 11 with 05/01/2021 safety update. (11.2.4.4.LE5ACB). Could you please give the next step instruction?

TheGhost1951

Feb 11, 2009
Garfield
OnePlus 9 Pro
Turned off auto updates? Yes? You can update to 11.2.9.9 then stop there, but make sure auto updates are turned off!!!!! Next step will to get root!
I would stay away from custom roms, I have seen too many people having problems. Secondly as of right now, A12 is buggy so that is why I stay with stock A11 from T-Mobile. With the setup I can give you, you can have any custom bootanimation and custom systemwide font you want.....

TheGhost1951

Feb 11, 2009
Garfield
OnePlus 9 Pro
First off, download and install Magisk v25.2 app from GitHub website and install it to your phone. Next download the attached file to the folder with your platform files.....

TheGhost1951

Feb 11, 2009
Garfield
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yes. I have successfuly updated 11.2.9.9 now.

I have a question that would this work? https://xdaforums.com/t/le2127-oneplus-9-pro-custom-rom-t-mobile.4490195/
I am interested in Android 12 or even 13 if possible.
If you are focused on upgrading to A12 or A12 then what I have will not work. As for the custom ROM, possible it may work, but you need to follow the steps to the letter. Any OP9P custom ROM will work from the XDA forums, the question is, will there be issues? Very possible. Good luck on your journey.....

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I would stay away from custom roms, I have seen too many people having problems. Secondly as of right now, A12 is buggy so that is why I stay with stock A11 from T-Mobile. With the setup I can give you, you can have any custom bootanimation and custom systemwide font you want.....
Been running nameless for over a month and a half now and haven't had a single out-of-the-ordinary problem that can't be fixed with a simple reboot. I have the T-Mobile variant here. Data works fine.

Reactions: NameIsOptional

run93

Sep 27, 2022
If you are focused on upgrading to A12 or A12 then what I have will not work. As for the custom ROM, possible it may work, but you need to follow the steps to the letter. Any OP9P custom ROM will work from the XDA forums, the question is, will there be issues? Very possible. Good luck on your journey.....
I understand about the concerns about custom ROM. I am confused that is there any official Global or EU ROM available ?

run93

Sep 27, 2022
Stock.....but you need to be rooted, TWRP installed and then install the stock ROM zip in twrp.
Thank you for all the help today! I think I did something wrong. I successfully get TWRP (directly boot, not recovery since it is failed), and then get my phone bricked flashing the rom lineageos... Now I am trying to unbrick it...

NameIsOptional

May 15, 2022
USA
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thank you for all the help today! I think I did something wrong. I successfully get TWRP (directly boot, not recovery since it is failed), and then get my phone bricked flashing the rom lineageos... Now I am trying to unbrick it...
Bricked as in black screen? Or does it boot to fastboot? What version of lineage are you trying to run? And what OOS were you on? You need to be on OOS 12 to run lineage 19. And twrp is not the recovery to use for that.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It was stopped at fastboot. It is a dead fastboot since I annot even flash the TWRP. It will also goes to Qualcomm Crashdump Mode. Finally I get my phone start to EDL mode and using MSM (lemonadept_22_O.04_210409 work for Tmobile 9 pro 5G) to reset to the original status...Then successfully get the Lineage 19. But I played with it for 1 hour and I fould that I don't like it... So I get back...
    There are other custom Roms besides lineage. Nameless is one that's not based on lineage. crDroid is lineage based. You don't have to msm back every time to switch custom Roms. Just flash the dtbo, vendor_boot and boot of other ROM in fastboot. Then adb sideload rom in recovery. Don't forget to format data if you switch custom Roms. I stay on T-Mobile software all the way to 11_C.20 then unlock bootloader to use a custom ROM. It eliminates the flashing of c.63 firmware.
    Flash a rom or custom oos
    Been running nameless for over a month and a half now and haven't had a single out-of-the-ordinary problem that can't be fixed with a simple reboot. I have the T-Mobile variant here. Data works fine.
    Bricked as in black screen? Or does it boot to fastboot? What version of lineage are you trying to run? And what OOS were you on? You need to be on OOS 12 to run lineage 19. And twrp is not the recovery to use for that.
    It was stopped at fastboot. It is a dead fastboot since I annot even flash the TWRP. It will also goes to Qualcomm Crashdump Mode. Finally I get my phone start to EDL mode and using MSM (lemonadept_22_O.04_210409 work for Tmobile 9 pro 5G) to reset to the original status...Then successfully get the Lineage 19. But I played with it for 1 hour and I fould that I don't like it... So I get back...
    Can someone educate me? Why convert to global?

I have a Global LE2125 with a cracked screen.
    I'm replacing it with a new TMO LE2127 and I'm reviewing how to root.

I found a thread on how to convert it to Global, the question is why convert?
    I agree, I am on TMO firmware with no issues and very happy with it. However I see a lot of postings of people trying to change the firmware that are having issues that makes me want to stay with stock! If you want to learn how to root I can guide you! PM me!