How to copy/install obb with Android 11 (beta)

Search This thread

Wolff07

Jul 3, 2020
Panamá ??
Hello, I open this trying to resolve this problem.

My phone is a Google Pixel 2XL with Android 11 beta.

When I download an apk with obb data I cant copy the obb files to Android/obb folder because the file Explorer app (I used a few) cant get permission to apply changes on this folder Even if I use the app Explorer that comes as defauld.

I want to know if it means that Android 11 won't let install apps out of Playstore anymore or it just is happening to me?

Have someone the metod to can apply changes on this folder?

Thanks and sorry for my english

Last edited:

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
@Wolff07

OBB-files get stored in /sdcard/Android/obb
OBB-folder.png

and not in /Android/obb

Kishan56

Jul 3, 2018

When I download an apk with obb data I cant copy the obb files to Android/obb folder because the file Explorer app (I used a few) cant get permission to apply changes on this folder Even if I use the app Explorer that comes as defauld.

I want to know if it means that Android 11 won't let install apps out of Playstore anymore or it just is happening to me?

Do one thing goto playstore and install Google Files if already installed than Hold, goto app info and in last allow "Install unknown app" that's it now you can copy or move in obb or data folder.

Reactions: aum1080p

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
Android 11 does not allow third-party applications to access some system folders, such as /data/ and /obb/. When trying to interact with these folders, the system gives out an error. This is done to improve the security of the system and its protection from possible attacks by intruders.

But you may consider to use ADB to push an extracted .OBB file's folder to phone's /storage/emuated/0/Android/data/obb directory.

Last edited:

Hijlko

Jan 17, 2017
Veenendaal
Go to playstore and install Files by Google. Then in settings go to apps section and select Files by Google. Change setting to allow changing system settings. Now you can see the content of the obb folder on the internal storage under /Android in the app Files by Google.

Hijlko

Jan 17, 2017
Veenendaal
i have this problem
help me
My Samsung S10+ is original and not rooted. Just install files by Google. In the android setting go to apps, find files by google and enable changing systemsetting and allow install unknown apps. Then open files by Google find the file you want to copy and point it to the android/obb location.

Gaming n tech

Apr 13, 2019
cant even the see obb folder even play store cant access it so I decided to sideload call of duty but there was no obb folder I couldn't even create one so I rebooted to recovery mode>advanced>file manager and it was there but even after moving the files to obb the game didn't work I think even the game cant access the obb folder i am on android 11 [stag os 11.0.R2 unofficial] is there any magisk module for that?

Reactions: devmanzur

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cant even the see obb folder even play store cant access it so I decided to sideload call of duty but there was no obb folder I couldn't even create one so I rebooted to recovery mode>advanced>file manager and it was there but even after moving the files to obb the game didn't work I think even the game cant access the obb folder i am on android 11 [stag os 11.0.R2 unofficial] is there any magisk module for that?

Do one thing goto playstore and install Google Files if already installed than Hold, goto app info and in last allow "Install unknown app" that's it now you can copy or move in obb or data folder.
    Use zarchiver app this app will show obb data easily Android 11 has increased the security patch.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone