how to create a forum just like this?

Search This thread

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com
hi guys, I really love XDA, im on it all the time, But i wanted to make my own forum just like this, except its focused on just 1 phone, Is there any possible way to create a forum the same as this and excellent as this one?
If so, Can you give me a step-by-step walkthrough? Cheers (P.S, like i said, exactly (nearly) like this, so i can recruit mods,etc, mysql, php etc, anything, as long as its like this forum/website)

cheers,
wilbso :):):):):):):)

lamborg

Feb 13, 2009
welovemj.co.cc
well there are lots of free websites that allows you to create forums which you can manage as you like or create one on your own with phpbb, vb etc with your domain. If its a forum, you can assign mods, database or just anything else.

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com
well there are lots of free websites that allows you to create forums which you can manage as you like or create one on your own with phpbb, vb etc with your domain. If its a forum, you can assign mods, database or just anything else.
i know that, i just cant find one that i like, but i will keep searching and wait for anymore replys
This should get you started: http://bit.ly/xYjjc5
Hahaha, thanks, might just point out, i tried that, but im still searching

W

Wolf Pup

Simple. I've made a forum before.

Buy vBulletin or another forum software. Get yourself some hosting, according to the specs. Install the forum on the server using the manual. Then just start tweaking the settings and get it noticed.

Soda_Bubbles

Mar 13, 2012
Hello !

Well... Good ! But I guess you can do much better with a Forumotion's free forum !
It's the best free forum hoster, which offers a lot of possibilities. You need to try !

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
I beleive the recipe is 2 parts vBulletin, 2 parts contributing users and 8 parts trolls....

Mix well and leave to simmer for 9 years....

Good luck.

Sent From My Fingers To Your Face.....

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Of course it did. Forums needs users and by only focusing on ONE device, the forum becomes a ghost town when a new version gets released. Its not a sustainable model at all.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2