How To Decompile / Recompile .apk Using Android Phone [ No Pc Required ]

Search This thread

vvaibhavv

Jan 17, 2013
www.techdroider.com
Saw many guides to Decompile-Recompile apk using PC , but this guide will teach how to Decompile-Recompile using android :D

Credits - Me , Apktool , and A Indonesian Group :p

Things We Need -

1. Android Smartphone ( Rooted )
2. Apktool For Android ( download below )
3. xml editing Application

Here we Go with A step by Step tutorial on How To Decompile / Recompile .apk Using Android Phone -

Step 1. First Download Apktool.zip From - Here .

Step 2. Download Xml editor from - Here

Step 3. Extract The Apktool.zip To (android phone ) Sd Card > Here . ( Extract it in Root of Sd card , not in any folder )

Step 4. Now Open Apktool Folder on Sd Card > Apktool and Install Apktool.apk from the directory .

Step 5. Copy Framework_Res.apk from your Phone root and Paste it in Sd Card > Apktool > Here ( with root explorer / es file explorer )

Step 6. Open Apktool App and Go to Sd Card > Apktool and Select Framework_Res.apk and Select import as Framework . It will start installing Framework ( need for Recompiling - Decompiling )

Step 7. Copy any .apk you want to decompile and paste it to Sd Card > Apktool > Here ( with root explorer / es file explorer )

Step 8. Now Open Apktool App , Go to Sd Card > Apktool and select the .apk you pasted in Step no. 7. Now select Decompile All ( The process will decompile the apk ).

Step 9. Now the file will be saved with the name Apkname_src ( Apkname = name of the apk you have decompiled ).

Step 10. Do all the editing you want to do with .apk file with xml editor .

Step 11. Now Open apktool app then again go to Sd Card > Apktool and select Apkname_src and select recompile .

Step 12. Now Open the orignal .Apk and Open Sd Card > Apktool > Apkname_src > Build > Apk > Here and copy all the content and paste it in The Orignal.apk and you are done :)

Feel free to Reply if you face any problem :)

Original Posted - BY ME Here

vvaibhavv

Jan 17, 2013
www.techdroider.com
your Step: 12 is not so clear..
please redefine it... waiting for your Reply.

You must use any file explorer or PC for that .. Open the apk ( change made ) you have made by decompiling and then recompiling , Also open the apk that is orignal ( no change made ) . Copy paste the content of apk ( change made ) to apk ( no change made ) and you will get your final apk ..

Yes its little bit confusing :p

ensarman

Jul 21, 2014
I know it's confusing but when you learn to edit the apks, it's easier to understand

Thanks for the post I'm looking for it

Enviado desde mi LG-E425g mediante Tapatalk

gcarbonells

Nov 3, 2014
Framework?

Can someone explain me how to get that file? "Framework_Res.apk". I searched it using Root Explorer and I got no results! Is that file in the apk I will decompile and recompile?

mrtillis09

May 5, 2011
I ran into an error pop up while trying to attempt this.
Everything is installed and setup properly. I copied
Adfree-com.bigtincan.android.adfree-8068-v0.8.68.apk
to the apktool directory and then went into the Apktool app.
Upon selecting decompile all it returns a failed pop up stating:
|: Baksmaling...
Can't create the output directory /apktool-techdroider/Adfree-com.bigtincan.android.adfree-8068-v0.8.68_src/smali

I click ok and back out to root explorer to see if there is a new src folder inside the apktool directory and there is not.

Not sure what I may have done wrong or what else I can possibly do using this method. :silly:

Asap responses would be extremely appreciated as I am currently in the middle of an Internship competition (lasts 4 days) and simply decompiling/recompiling and checking the resulting md5sum before/after is one of the questions.

sacnotsack

Dec 27, 2010
Importing the framework gave me the following error:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libsigchain.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libNimsWrap.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: Could not decode arsc file
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.decode(ARSCDecoder.java:56)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.decode(ARSCDecoder.java:40)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.installFramework(AndrolibResources.java:562)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.installFramework(Androlib.java:473)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdInstallFramework(Main.java:250)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:81)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Expected: 0x001c0001, got: 0x00000000
at brut.util.ExtDataInput.skipCheckInt(ExtDataInput.java:48)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.StringBlock.read(StringBlock.java:44)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readPackage(ARSCDecoder.java:102)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTable(ARSCDecoder.java:83)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.decode(ARSCDecoder.java:49)
... 5 more

Any ideas? I've tried importing multiple times.

Last edited:

royorbs3

Feb 9, 2013
On installing framework .res I get immediate finish! Msg then the details in the pop up box say no such file or directory.
Of course I'm running mm 601 with custom rom and kernel. Does this apk tool version even work on android 6?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Saw many guides to Decompile-Recompile apk using PC , but this guide will teach how to Decompile-Recompile using android :D

Credits - Me , Apktool , and A Indonesian Group :p

Things We Need -

1. Android Smartphone ( Rooted )
    2. Apktool For Android ( download below )
    3. xml editing Application

Here we Go with A step by Step tutorial on How To Decompile / Recompile .apk Using Android Phone -

Step 1. First Download Apktool.zip From - Here .

Step 2. Download Xml editor from - Here

Step 3. Extract The Apktool.zip To (android phone ) Sd Card > Here . ( Extract it in Root of Sd card , not in any folder )

Step 4. Now Open Apktool Folder on Sd Card > Apktool and Install Apktool.apk from the directory .

Step 5. Copy Framework_Res.apk from your Phone root and Paste it in Sd Card > Apktool > Here ( with root explorer / es file explorer )

Step 6. Open Apktool App and Go to Sd Card > Apktool and Select Framework_Res.apk and Select import as Framework . It will start installing Framework ( need for Recompiling - Decompiling )

Step 7. Copy any .apk you want to decompile and paste it to Sd Card > Apktool > Here ( with root explorer / es file explorer )

Step 8. Now Open Apktool App , Go to Sd Card > Apktool and select the .apk you pasted in Step no. 7. Now select Decompile All ( The process will decompile the apk ).

Step 9. Now the file will be saved with the name Apkname_src ( Apkname = name of the apk you have decompiled ).

Step 10. Do all the editing you want to do with .apk file with xml editor .

Step 11. Now Open apktool app then again go to Sd Card > Apktool and select Apkname_src and select recompile .

Step 12. Now Open the orignal .Apk and Open Sd Card > Apktool > Apkname_src > Build > Apk > Here and copy all the content and paste it in The Orignal.apk and you are done :)

Feel free to Reply if you face any problem :)

Original Posted - BY ME Here
    Thanks bro was waiting for this...par bhai root of your sd card folder matlab kya re??????

Always press the thanks button if helped :):):)

Means not in any folder ! Just in Sdcard > here
    Does this sign the apk? Or it's needed to sign in the PC?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone