Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
sleep 40
echo disable > /sys/devices/soc.0/qcom,bcl.67/mode
kernel
fastboot flash boot nobclbullheadj.img

Download: http://renderserver.net/?dl=14f21584ff2eadceecaea497a2b2ae5b

What is BCL?
BCL polls the battery monitor system for various values such as voltage, current and temperature through the battery. This driver is meant to help prevent possible reboots, but with it removed on several devices we have seen no issues.

The way it prevents reboots is by setting thresholds and when the threshold is passed or tripped, it will throttle or unplug cores, which is detrimental to performance(we have seen it on the OnePlus Two and Nexus 6 so far). With that being said, wouldn't you truly like your device to run at its maximum performance and let the real hotplugging and thermal drivers work properly?

Last edited:

TheBigOne71

Mar 24, 2015
Pennsylvania
I tried flashing the img file that you posted and i get a gray screen that tells me there is a "Crash on the LK!" along with some other info. Any idea what happened or what i may have done wrong?

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
So this would stop the device from throttling charge speeds over 36 and 38 degrees Celsius I'm assuming? Hopefully you don't fry your batteries charging at 3000mA while gaming.

Jan 12, 2010
Hey OP, would it be possible to create a boot.img with bcl off only, no root and not the other extras?

Sent from my Nexus 5