How to disable HTC Sync Manager Autoplay on Jellybean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Hey guys :) I'm sure many of you noticed that ever since we updated our One X to Jellybean Sense, USB Mass Storage has been changed to MTP format. That issue has been taken cared off here. There was also an Autoplay Menu, showing to install HTC Sync Manager or Open to View Files (which showed a bunch of drivers and stuff...) especially when you uninstall HTC Sync Manager from your PC :eek:. Now there's a way to remove that as well.

1. Use Root Explorer and head on over to System/App
2. Mount as r/w from r/o if you haven't
3. Delete HtcSyncManager.apk
4. Reboot and Enjoy :)

If you have any problems mounting your system afterward, try rebooting your phone and PC. If not, simply reflash your ROM and it should take care of it :).

Will update this thread if I find any more issues and workarounds.

Last edited:
R

random_username_

Hey guys :) I'm sure many of you noticed that ever since we updated our One X to Jellybean Sense, USB Mass Storage has been changed to MTP format. That issue has been taken cared off here. There was also an Autoplay Menu, showing to install HTC Sync Manager or Open to View Files (which showed a bunch of drivers and stuff...) especially when you uninstall HTC Sync Manager from your PC :eek:. Now there's a way to remove that as well.

If you have any problems mounting your system afterward, try rebooting your phone and PC. If not, simply reflash your ROM and it should take care of it :).

Thanks this was really getting on my nerves

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

SnOOpeRa

Nov 8, 2010
You can also simply "Disable" HTCSyncManager from Settings>Apps>All. This was you can easily re-enable when you need it!

Just updated my cid_032 to JB and saw this HTCSyncManager autorun as cdfs at My Computer and start to find way to remove it. Found this thread and because i'm not rooted tryed this soluton , but it didn't work , there is no "HTCSyncManager" app in Settings>Apps>All... there is only HTC Sync app which is very different... maybe it's time to root this iron ;)

p.s: just thinking wheather if I install HTC sync manager on my pc ( i installed just drivers , don't like much soft if it's not needed ) this autorun will disappear from itself ( some kind of checking and stopping automaticaly ) ??? 10x in advance...

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Just updated my cid_032 to JB and saw this HTCSyncManager autorun as cdfs at My Computer and start to find way to remove it. Found this thread and because i'm not rooted tryed this soluton , but it didn't work , there is no "HTCSyncManager" app in Settings>Apps>All... there is only HTC Sync app which is very different... maybe it's time to root this iron ;)

p.s: just thinking wheather if I install HTC sync manager on my pc ( i installed just drivers , don't like much soft if it's not needed ) this autorun will disappear from itself ( some kind of checking and stopping automaticaly ) ??? 10x in advance...

Yes, I think it will :) this is annoying when you get tired of HTCSyncManager and you uninstall it and this autorun keeps pestering you to re-install it :rolleyes: . Why haven't you rooted it tho :confused:.

Reactions: SnOOpeRa

cozzamara

Jan 18, 2013
New York
I removed HTCSyncManager.apk, and it helped initially, but the sucker was still popping up in Windows, only now a couple of minutes later after I plugged in the phone. I traced this down to Windows service HTCMonitorService, which I had to stop and disable to completely prevent Sync Manager from popping up. Apparently the purpose of that service is to periodically check for presence of the phone at USB port and start sync in case auto-start didn't do it. That's one more step that you need to do if you want to keep HTC Sync Manager software in Windows (for drivers for example), but prevent it from loading up every time on USB connection.

By the way, none of this is specific to HTC One X. I have One now and before that, One X+. They all suffered from the same problem, so this thread likely applies to most latest HTC phones running Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is now called 'PC Synchronization', not HTCSyncManager.
    Thanks,
    Will i be able to run the HtcSyncManager at a later point ?
    You can also simply "Disable" HTCSyncManager from Settings>Apps>All. This was you can easily re-enable when you need it!
    I removed HTCSyncManager.apk, and it helped initially, but the sucker was still popping up in Windows, only now a couple of minutes later after I plugged in the phone. I traced this down to Windows service HTCMonitorService, which I had to stop and disable to completely prevent Sync Manager from popping up. Apparently the purpose of that service is to periodically check for presence of the phone at USB port and start sync in case auto-start didn't do it. That's one more step that you need to do if you want to keep HTC Sync Manager software in Windows (for drivers for example), but prevent it from loading up every time on USB connection.

By the way, none of this is specific to HTC One X. I have One now and before that, One X+. They all suffered from the same problem, so this thread likely applies to most latest HTC phones running Android.

Yes, I think it will :) this is annoying when you get tired of HTCSyncManager and you uninstall it and this autorun keeps pestering you to re-install it :rolleyes: . Why haven't you rooted it tho :confused:.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone