Question how to disable that mini wakeup screen on pixel6 pro when touching the phone having fingerprint unlock ?

Search This thread

catintheroof

Aug 21, 2014
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BinpgKL3U8sFzcy38

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-24 at 13.04.20.jpeg

there's the screen im talking about, when you even touch the phone that screen seems to happen for you not to even touch the screen to input the fingerprint.

i've walked the whole config and found nothing.

it's deffinitely NOT the raise to wake, it's somethign else, but i dont know if its even workaroundable otherthan disaling the FPR which i dont want to.

catintheroof

Aug 21, 2014
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
That "quick pickup" BUG has been really annoying me. It started with the december update -- did not exist before then. Glad to see a solution for it.

Is this about the phone screen constantly waking up whenever you touch the phone, regardless of whether you have disabled things like Always On Display and all the gestures like "Lift to wake phone"? If so, there's a fix you can use through ADB. I found this solution on reddit, and it's worked perfectly for me. No downsides.

Code:
adb shell settings put secure doze_quick_pickup_gesture 0

Found the solution from this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/qvg2nz/_/hkx0fiv

Perhaps I'm a little OT, but can you please help me which settings/adb commands should I use?
I have the AOD set to off, I would like that my phone shows the ambient display of first post when I lift the phone or touch the screen.
Thanks!
Try going to Settings -> System -> Gestures. In there, toggle the Lift to Check and Tap to Check options.

gpvecchi

Try going to Settings -> System -> Gestures. In there, toggle the Lift to Check and Tap to Check options.
Yes, thanks, I did this, and when lift to check is set OFF, I have the ambient display when I lift up the phone, and this is OK for me. But if I enable Tap to check, the phone goes to homescreen, if I disable it the screen remains dark.

Top Liked Posts