Question How to distinguish the Tencent ROG 5 Chinese Version?

Search This thread

citrix80

Aug 19, 2007
Update:

Went to T-Mobile with my ASUS_I005DA. Tried out a couple SIMs. My AT&T SIM gave me access to 4G and VoLTE. The T-Mobile SIMs gave me access to 4G+ and VoLTE. Unlimited data and hotspot access are a huge step up from my current AT&T plan, so I'm going to swap. However, I may hold off from ordering the ASUS_I005DC because I'm not entirely certain I'd get access to 5G in my area. I may just need to hold out for the US release.

Those 5G bands are global version not compatible with USA.

citrix80

Aug 19, 2007
I dont trust what I have read on the internet unless I can check it before i buy, that was why I asked you to check on your phone.

Also looks like version A supports most of the US band, but B and C. Can you check on your box if it says the name like this picture ? 1A is version A, it also has 1B, 1C.View attachment 5306029

where did you get it? how can you tell 1A is A version ? can you tell bands on it? for USA need A version.

Swapped to T-mobile on 5/6/21. Signal is so much better. No missed texts or dropped calls. Consistent LTE or 4G+. I ordered from this eBay seller. I received the ASUS_I005DA. Make sure you check the item description for the supported bands.

You got lucky. I ordered from him and got a Chinese version flashed with the WW firmware. When I asked him about it, he directed me to this forum and told me to download the CN firmware myself. After filing a case with Paypal, he spent until the last day to submit his response sending eBay messages asking me to explain why I couldn't go download the software.

cryzies

Oct 29, 2014

How are all these models only on 3rd party resellers. I'm looking for version A,B,D or E (TMobile bands) and would prefer warranty but that doesn't seem possible with out of country phones. It doesn't make sense how difficult it is to purchase this product confidently

citrix80

Aug 19, 2007
I dont trust what I have read on the internet unless I can check it before i buy, that was why I asked you to check on your phone.

Also looks like version A supports most of the US band, but B and C. Can you check on your box if it says the name like this picture ? 1A is version A, it also has 1B, 1C.View attachment 5306029

how can you tell its A version ? does the package or manual list the bands ? can you tell the bands on it ?

Manteam111

Apr 30, 2021

How are all these models only on 3rd party resellers. I'm looking for version A,B,D or E (TMobile bands) and would prefer warranty but that doesn't seem possible with out of country phones. It doesn't make sense how difficult it is to purchase this product confidently
For everyone's information. US version just released:

Additional information about the Pro and Ultimate versions:

Reactions: Norma Stitz

Drogu5

Jul 2, 2021
I m from Austria where can ı buy the Asus rog 5 ultimate orjinal global version rom

R0ttenB4ndit

Jun 23, 2016
Does anyone know what version (a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h) the Tencent ROG 5 is? I rushed to purchase the phone (hasn't arrived yet) and then read conflicting articles on band frequency support.
My rural area only supports 2, 12, 66 and 71 (t-mobile) bands. Says on the Asus site that some versions of the phone support these bands but I'm guessing the Chinese version doesn't.
See full list here:

Was trying to look up if a firmware update would open all bands up but haven't found specific word on that.
Thanks in advanced
Did you find out the exact model numbers which support those bands?

R0ttenB4ndit

Jun 23, 2016

No! ASUS_I005DA is NOT version A. This is version G. The naming is extremely ridiculous. It's also called ZS673KS-1A090WW. The person you are asking this info from has the Chinese version, which does not support all the NA bands.

No! ASUS_I005DA is NOT version A. This is version G. The naming is extremely ridiculous. It's also called ZS673KS-1A090WW. The person you are asking this info from has the Chinese version, which does not support all the NA bands.
That's not entirely true, either. DA spans a few different variants. The letters are "supposed" to break it down by the specific configuration.

• Wow
Reactions: R0ttenB4ndit

R0ttenB4ndit

Jun 23, 2016
That's not entirely true, either. DA spans a few different variants. The letters are "supposed" to break it down by the specific configuration.
True true! I just gathered that ASUS_I005DA does not support all of the NA bands, which is what most people care about.

I'm just looking for a place to buy one that does. So difficult to find it :(

And, apparently ASUS US store has sent out a global variant model asus_i005DC before that supports the NA bands.

Such a cluster.

jtegg007

Jan 10, 2011
Hate to resurrect the dead, but do we have a cleared picture of which phone is which? Going off the spec page (linked below), I have to have the A version for 5G band N40. Does anyone know which model number will get me that? It seems very weird to me that "ASUS_I005DA" is popping up as both ROG and Tencent.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone know what version (a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h) the Tencent ROG 5 is? I rushed to purchase the phone (hasn't arrived yet) and then read conflicting articles on band frequency support.
    My rural area only supports 2, 12, 66 and 71 (t-mobile) bands. Says on the Asus site that some versions of the phone support these bands but I'm guessing the Chinese version doesn't.
    See full list here:

Was trying to look up if a firmware update would open all bands up but haven't found specific word on that.
    Thanks in advanced
    North American Model Numbers are as follows:

Rog 5 Pro/Ultimate ASUS_I005D
    Rog 5 REGULAR ASUS_I005DC
    I may have found version number it could be: "D" ???
    ROG phone 5I005D*ZS673KS
    mine is tencent edition (chinese), and the model is "I005DA".

hope this helps.

also i belive that bands are hardware limited, even if the phone is converted to global ROM, it would still support only its original bands.
    Hi, I just received the i005DA model. Can someone point me to where ASUS mentioned that i005DA corresponds to A variant ?

Also, the seller mentioned the model's network bands are as follows:
    2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
    3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 1700
    4G bands1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900),18,19, 20(800),26, 28(700), TD-LTE 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 48(3600), 42(3500)
    5G bandsn41/77/78/79, n1, n3, n7, n8, n20 , n28, n38

From what I read in this thread, this would NOT be variant A right ?
    North American Model Numbers are as follows:

Rog 5 Pro/Ultimate ASUS_I005D
    Rog 5 REGULAR ASUS_I005DC
    Where can one buy these models?