How to do a factory restore on Android TV

Search This thread

jkbee26

Oct 20, 2018
Hi everyone,

I bought a Mecool Now / KA2 Android TV box and I cannot install an APK outside of the Play Store. It puts me wrong every time.

I figured I was going to attempt a factory restore, but couldn't find the option in settings.

I tried to go through Android Recovery but there is no wipe data / factory reset option.

So, is there a solution? What is the adb command to do a factory restore?

Thank you.

jlockard1223

Nov 14, 2021
Hey! I have been trying to factory reset mine as well, it keeps crashing I couldn't find anything under Android Recovery so I emailed the company & apparently they have to factory reset it remotely. You have to send them a picture of your MAC & Serial Number, here is the email if you want to get in touch with them.

service01@mecoolonline.com

marlen07

Dec 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I bought a Mecool Now / KA2 Android TV box and I cannot install an APK outside of the Play Store. It puts me wrong every time.

I figured I was going to attempt a factory restore, but couldn't find the option in settings.

I tried to go through Android Recovery but there is no wipe data / factory reset option.

Thank you.
1) turn on usb debugging in developer options, check the ip adress about tablet network section
2) turn on the wifi in the tv box and computer or laptop
3)Download adb run: https://dl.uploadgram.me/618fc31b84902g?raw
install it then open it, press 1 enter, press 3 enter and type the ip adress of the tv box, then press enter, wait for it to get connected, then press s enter then type recovery --wipe_data or wipe data if one of them dont work.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkbee26

jlockard1223

Nov 14, 2021
1) turn on usb debugging in developer options, check the ip adress about tablet s network section
install it then open it, press 1 enter, press 3 enter and type the ip adress of the tv box, then press enter, wait for it to get connected, then press s enter then type recovery --wipe_data or wipe data if one of them dont work.
When you go to Developer Options on the KA2 it literally doesn't even show a USB Debug it shows "Revoke USB debugging authorization" but nothing about enable USB Debugging. I have tried revoking USB debugging then rebooting device but nothing, I also turned off Dev options, then rebooted the device, went back to Build number 7 times, went back to dev options & nothing. I sent MECOOL an email about this back in OCT and they ask for my SERIAL NUMBER & MAC ADDRESS but NOTHING. I'm about to either send this back or call my bank. I googled KA2 MECOOL Model & there is a lot of unhappy customers. They ask you email them if you need a factory reset, that's ridiculous I shouldn't have to email them when it should already be in the settings.
BEDROOM TV.jpg

Reactions: jkbee26

marlen07

Dec 28, 2018
When you go to Developer Options on the KA2 it literally doesn't even show a USB Debug it shows "Revoke USB debugging authorization" but nothing about enable USB Debugging. I have tried revoking USB debugging then rebooting device but nothing, I also turned off Dev options, then rebooted the device, went back to Build number 7 times, went back to dev options & nothing. I sent MECOOL an email about this back in OCT and they ask for my SERIAL NUMBER & MAC ADDRESS but NOTHING. I'm about to either send this back or call my bank. I googled KA2 MECOOL Model & there is a lot of unhappy customers. They ask you email them if you need a factory reset, that's ridiculous I shouldn't have to email them when it should already be in the settings.View attachment 5457705
That means usb debuging is already turned on

jlockard1223

Nov 14, 2021
I have tried ADBing via Wi-Fi nothing I have tried IP address nothing. I have it plugged to my computer now & it doesn't even find it. I connected other devices to my computer just to check to see if it was maybe my computer and it find my other devices but can't find this one. I have 2 MECools one for the bedroom and Living room & neither are findable.
That means usb debuging is already turned on

marlen07

Dec 28, 2018
I have tried ADBing via Wi-Fi nothing I have tried IP address nothing. I have it plugged to my computer now & it doesn't even find it. I connected other devices to my computer just to check to see if it was maybe my computer and it find my other devices but can't find this one. I have 2 MECools one for the bedroom and Living room & neither are findable.
Download kingo root: https://root-apk.kingoapp.com/kingoroot-download.htm
install it then open connect wireless/wired mouse, press get root, wait, if it is stuck at 90% press back and you will get an error that it coudnt root, just exit the app and restart the device, if kingo root keeps crashing delete it, download adb wifi: https://dl.uploadgram.me/6190ae0ba3517g?raw
install and run the app then press on, then use adb run with the comands i wrote.

jkbee26

Oct 20, 2018
1) turn on usb debugging in developer options, check the ip adress about tablet network section
Yes I had managed to enable USB debugging and send a few commands that worked but I didn't know the one to do a factory restore. Thank you.

I will contact Mecool, first, and I will see what they tell me. This is the first time that I see a device of its kind that does not have this possibility in the options.

Reactions: marlen07

jkbee26

Oct 20, 2018
When you go to Developer Options on the KA2 it literally doesn't even show a USB Debug it shows "Revoke USB debugging authorization" but nothing about enable USB Debugging. I have tried revoking USB debugging then rebooting device but nothing, I also turned off Dev options, then rebooted the device, went back to Build number 7 times, went back to dev options & nothing. I sent MECOOL an email about this back in OCT and they ask for my SERIAL NUMBER & MAC ADDRESS but NOTHING. I'm about to either send this back or call my bank. I googled KA2 MECOOL Model & there is a lot of unhappy customers. They ask you email them if you need a factory reset, that's ridiculous I shouldn't have to email them when it should already be in the settings.View attachment 5457705
Thank you, I will contact Mecool. Me in the developer options I have USB debugging.

Reactions: marlen07

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

Thank you.
    1) turn on usb debugging in developer options, check the ip adress about tablet s network section
    When you go to Developer Options on the KA2 it literally doesn't even show a USB Debug it shows "Revoke USB debugging authorization" but nothing about enable USB Debugging. I have tried revoking USB debugging then rebooting device but nothing, I also turned off Dev options, then rebooted the device, went back to Build number 7 times, went back to dev options & nothing. I sent MECOOL an email about this back in OCT and they ask for my SERIAL NUMBER & MAC ADDRESS but NOTHING. I'm about to either send this back or call my bank. I googled KA2 MECOOL Model & there is a lot of unhappy customers. They ask you email them if you need a factory reset, that's ridiculous I shouldn't have to email them when it should already be in the settings.
    BEDROOM TV.jpg
    Yes I had managed to enable USB debugging and send a few commands that worked but I didn't know the one to do a factory restore. Thank you.

I will contact Mecool, first, and I will see what they tell me. This is the first time that I see a device of its kind that does not have this possibility in the options.
    Thank you, I will contact Mecool. Me in the developer options I have USB debugging.