How to Downgrade kernel version of Lineage os 17

Search This thread
S

sk971

Hey all, so I iflashed lineageos 17 4.9 kernel by mistake. It slightly heats up my device .
Can I downgrade to 3.18 safely?
If so, how??

Safe to dirty flash this?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-s2/development/rom-lineageos-17-1-t4042045

One more question:
Some of my apps shows root detection with 4.9 version then crashes but I haven't rooted.
I tried a lotta methods: flashed magisk uninstaller, flashed installer then uninstaller and even use magisk hide feature with magisk installed but none works. Is this because the ROM that I'm using is in Testing Phase? Also it shows SE Linux disabled.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-s2/development/rom-lineageos-17-1-t4103145
Sorry for not looking properly into description, I'm new to all this stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sk971

Do clean flash or u can try other roms with 4.9 kernel other rom dosent have this prblm

Sorry for late response, i clean flashed n and switched to Cs 3.18, but thanks anway.

So far im liking the os. There is one problem though, Root detection in certain apps problem still persists even though device not rooted. Anyway to solve this problem?
Thanks.

mohitdabas07

Nov 15, 2016
Sorry for late response, i clean flashed n and switched to Cs 3.18, but thanks anway.

So far im liking the os. There is one problem though, Root detection in certain apps problem still persists even though device not rooted. Anyway to solve this problem?
Thanks.

Root it by magisk and use magisk hide

S

sk971

Root it by magisk and use magisk hide

Ok, i flashed magisk 20.4, then installed magisk manager 7.5.1 and from settings activated Magisk Hide, but root detection still occurs and app crashes after that.
IDK why?:confused:
Tapping on safety net check stats on magisk manager shows both ctsprofile n basicintegrity to "true".
Do i have to encrypt my phone to fix this problem? Its disabled atm.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do clean flash or u can try other roms with 4.9 kernel other rom dosent have this prblm
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone