How to downgrade myTouch 4G from 2.3.4 to 2.2

Search This thread

virakcam

Jan 4, 2011
Phnom Penh
Instruction:

• Download the original 2.2.1 ROM(PM me for the link) and put it into your SDcard (Don't extract it or rename it).
  • While you are here, please follow this downgrade method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1178912
  • Turn off your phone
  • Boot your phone into bootloader: Press the volume down and power button (don't unhold it, until it boot into boodloader).
  • After your phone has entered bootloader, press the power button. It will then scan for the associated rom file and ask you to update by pressing a key.Press the key it requests to perform the update.
  • DO NOT INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS.
  • Your phone will reboot once or twice - this is completely normal.
  • This process will take roughly 5-10 minutes so make sure your phone is plugged in, either to an outlet or your computer.Once the process is finished, it will ask you to reboot by pressing a key. Press the associated key and it will reboot into the Stock Froyo rom!

Last edited:

b33j7030

Jan 3, 2012
sup bud.. tried this process but it says "Main Version is older! Update Fail!".. any solution to this?.. thanks man!

modbass

Jul 21, 2012
downgrade and root without tethering?

i have a request.

i have a MT4G and it will no longer tether to a computer is there a method to downgrade and root without tethering?

thanks

Adyfirst95

Jan 2, 2014
hii

Hi!..
i have MT4G but i. tried to downgraded it TO 2.2.1 but.
the boot loader can't find the PD15IMG.ZIP
i tried everything.. formatted the sd card, nothing done
factory reset nothing done..
Can you explain me another simple method!! thanks
my V is 2.3.4

unqualified

Nov 14, 2013
Denver
Hi!..
i have MT4G but i. tried to downgraded it TO 2.2.1 but.
the boot loader can't find the PD15IMG.ZIP
i tried everything.. formatted the sd card, nothing done
factory reset nothing done..
Can you explain me another simple method!! thanks
my V is 2.3.4

Did you follow the instructions in this link, from the beginning, exactly as written? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1178912

If so, if you are at step I-4a, make sure you didn't accidentally rename the file PD15IMG.ZIP.zip or anything (if your file extensions are hidden). Sad to say, I've done that before. Does the hboot show that it is looking for the PD15IMG.ZIP file and just runs right past it? All I can think is that the file is named wrong. Maybe the 'I' in IMG is a 1 or L or something?

I've done this a couple times and it worked flawlessly.

Also read through this, hopefully it isn't a bad chip issue, although I would think even a 'bad' chip would probably recognize the presence of a PD15IMG.zip file in the bootloader. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1388962

unqualified

Nov 14, 2013
Denver
no i didn't read those instructions..
ok but if i do.. the sd card would find the PD15IMG.zip??
It should... I'm assuming you are on the stock 2.3.4 ROM and are trying to downgrade for root? Does the sd card work otherwise? What does the bootloader say when it searches for PD15IMG.zip?
More detail would probably help you get better answers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    easiest way is to goto the cynagone mod wiki about htc glacier they have all the files and the proper way to downgrade. I have done it on 2 phones thus far and no issues.
    This definitely isn't the method to downgrade, there are other threads with the right way though.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium