How to Enable Auto call record & disable call recording notification on 8T oxygen 11

Search This thread

hvd23

Dec 19, 2014
How to Enable Auto call record & disable call recording notification on 8T oxygen 11

Can anyone help ?
1. Enable Auto Call Recording
2. Disable Call Recording Notification

beefey

Jul 1, 2011
Can anyone help ?
1. Enable Auto Call Recording
2. Disable Call Recording Notification

Bump-- Any answers to this? The link above is a bunch of neanderthals. I just ordered the 8T but may have to return it if call recording doesn't work. Does it work after 8T root?

Thx
Beefey

MNoisy

Oct 15, 2013
Chicago
www.brightbrain.com
OnePlus 8T
Bump-- Any answers to this? The link above is a bunch of neanderthals. I just ordered the 8T but may have to return it if call recording doesn't work. Does it work after 8T root?

Thx
Beefey

It depends on your model and where you are. If you don't have it enabled, like the U.S. unlocked KB2005 variants, you cannot enable it through the system right now. No matter what model you have, there will be a way once we get root. I am sure there are regular apps you can get as well. I use TotalRecall which lets you choose the method for recording, including root.

dieterhaack

Dec 7, 2010
Moto Z3 Play
Huawei P30 Pro
The link above is a bunch of neanderthals. I just ordered the 8T but may have to return it if call recording doesn't work. Does it work after 8T root?

LOL, that's very very true. But we have to live on with this situation. On rooted phones you can get most call recorders to work, after reading their help files (skvalex Call Recorder, Boldbeast, I have both paid versions).

Disadvantage is, with root, secured apps mostly do not work any more, issues with Widevine Level 1 and SafetyNet will arise, and there is no certified Play Store for GPay any more. In addition, Android 11 forces more security than previous versions. You may need to go back to older phones (i.e. my Moto Z3 Play) to get what you want. For my part, fixing all these issues (with Magisk, the like) is too much work, which likely has to be repeated after monthly security updates.

fxz

Dec 5, 2017
Manchester
OnePlus 8T
I'm on KB2003 (EU) and we don't even have half of the OnePlus apps. Messaging and Phone for example, have been changed to Google's. Not to mention there's some other preinstalled Google bloat, although you can easily uninstall them as a lot of them aren't system apps. We also still have netflix added as bloat too? I'm not sure what's happening anymore

h8Aramex

Oct 24, 2012
LOL, that's very very true. But we have to live on with this situation. On rooted phones you can get most call recorders to work, after reading their help files (skvalex Call Recorder, Boldbeast, I have both paid versions).

Disadvantage is, with root, secured apps mostly do not work any more, issues with Widevine Level 1 and SafetyNet will arise, and there is no certified Play Store for GPay any more. In addition, Android 11 forces more security than previous versions. You may need to go back to older phones (i.e. my Moto Z3 Play) to get what you want. For my part, fixing all these issues (with Magisk, the like) is too much work, which likely has to be repeated after monthly security updates.

On Pixel 3a XL I was able to root Android 11 and skvalex Call Recorder works on that. But I am worried that it will not do the trick on the 8T. Now I'm just waiting to push the order button - but I NEED call recording. It's the most crucial feature of a phone I purchase.

spart0n

Sep 5, 2018
LG G Pad 10.1
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm not rooted on OP8T and I used jOnePlus Tools and enabled it using shell commands then enabled call recording and it works with native phone app....if I had it rooted I'd rather have truephone+skvalex but that's my preference

Sent from my OnePlus 8T using XDA Labs

spart0n

Sep 5, 2018
LG G Pad 10.1
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Which 8T? KB2003, OOS 11.0.1.2.KB05BA and com.google.android 55.1.335513515 dialer?

Until now, I only installed skvalex CR and gave it adb permissions and device helper access as requested. Did not test this, though.

http://imgur.com/a/rcfI2hS

My not rooted OP8T using default op phone app and having call recording enabled using jOnePlus Tools
KB2007

dieterhaack

Dec 7, 2010
Moto Z3 Play
Huawei P30 Pro
T-Mobile US device.
Sorry, I don't see anything useful in your 7 seconds imgur video. But thanks for your efforts, maybe it is helpful for other users with your 8T version.

EU variant (KB2003) has no native OP dialer, it's Google's com.google.android. That said, jOnePlus Tools show a switch with enabled call recorder and call recorder service, but nothing is recorded because there is no call recorder in EU firmware or Google Dialer, which can be enabled.

Last edited:

spart0n

Sep 5, 2018
LG G Pad 10.1
Google Pixel 6 Pro
T-Mobile US device.
Sorry, I don't see anything useful in your 7 seconds imgur video. But thanks for your efforts, maybe it is helpful for other users with your 8T version.

EU variant (KB2003) has no native OP dialer, it's Google's com.google.android. That said, jOnePlus Tools show a switch with enabled call recorder and call recorder service, but nothing is recorded because there is no call recorder in EU firmware or Google Dialer, which can be enabled.
I would look on the playstore or apk mirror for the OP dialer and see if you can get the apk that way and use it

spart0n

Sep 5, 2018
LG G Pad 10.1
Google Pixel 6 Pro