How to enable magisk root on other user profiles (multi user)?

Search This thread

Dragonknigh

Jul 25, 2017
Magisk root works on my main profile and I have enabled Multiuser mode (Independent) but I'm still not rooted on my secondary profile (tested with root checker) I don't even see magisk manager on secondary profile what am I missing here?

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
No it is asking to flash magisk again in magisk manager

Ok... So, I tested by creating a secondary user and installing the Magisk Manager and had no issues. Didn't do any extensive testing, but Magisk was recognised as installed.

You'll have to do some more digging into why you might have issues, but I'd start by looking in the settings for the Manager installed on the main account and make sure that "Multiuser Mode" is set to allow root for secondary users (either owner managed or independent).

Reactions: city2026

RootedLee

Sep 1, 2017
1) logged in as primary user > Magisk > Settings > Multiuser Mode > User-independent
2) reboot
3) log in as secondary user > install the Magisk app > hopefully :cool:

There is also an option "Device Owner Managed" but I don't know what that means and how that works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install the Magisk Manager on the second user as well and you should be good to go.
    No it is asking to flash magisk again in magisk manager

Ok... So, I tested by creating a secondary user and installing the Magisk Manager and had no issues. Didn't do any extensive testing, but Magisk was recognised as installed.

You'll have to do some more digging into why you might have issues, but I'd start by looking in the settings for the Manager installed on the main account and make sure that "Multiuser Mode" is set to allow root for secondary users (either owner managed or independent).