Themes / Apps / Mods How-To Enable Two-Button Navigation on Android 12 (Root Required)!

Search This thread

rwilco12

😺 Forum Moderator - RD - AndroidFileHost Rep
Staff member
I am a huge fan of the old Two-Button Navigation that Google gave us with Android 9. I always try the latest and greatest with nav gestures and always come away feeling like they are lacking. Unfortunately, Google officially removed Two-Button Navigation with Android 10. Fortunately, there's a way to bring it back! And it's even easier now than it was before! Just install the Magisk Module and enable it in Settings.

Magisk Module: https://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Misc Files/Magisk Modules/Two-Button Navigation

Check out the video for a walk-through. :)

Video Link:

I am a huge fan of the old Two-Button Navigation that Google gave us with Android 9. I always try the latest and greatest with nav gestures and always come away feeling like they are lacking. Unfortunately, Google officially removed Two-Button Navigation with Android 10. Fortunately, there's a way to bring it back! And it's even easier now than it was before! Just install the Magisk Module and enable it in Settings.

Magisk Module: https://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Misc Files/Magisk Modules/Two-Button Navigation

Check out the video for a walk-through. :)

Video Link:
the link you provided leads to files whose titles suggest are for oxygen os 11 and not pixels on android 12. you sure this works? 🤨

rwilco12

Staff member
the link you provided leads to files whose titles suggest are for oxygen os 11 and not pixels on android 12. you sure this works? 🤨
Yep! I originally put the files together for Oxygen OS 11 but they work for Android 12 as well. In fact, they work better for Android 12! I'm using it right now on my Pixel 6 and you can see it all in action in my video. :)

Reactions: thf1973

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
The link won't take you directly to the files like in the video. IDK if they were moved or what, but you can find them pretty easily if you navigate through the folders and find one named "Magisk modules". Confirmed that this does work on the Pixel 6 (oriole).

Attachments

• 2022-03-27.png
    2022-03-27.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 16

rwilco12

Staff member
The link won't take you directly to the files like in the video. IDK if they were moved or what, but you can find them pretty easily if you navigate through the folders and find one named "Magisk modules". Confirmed that this does work on the Pixel 6 (oriole).
Sorry, I'm not sure what link you're looking at but the link in the OP is the same one I used in the video. Can you show me what link you're looking at so that I can fix it? Thanks!

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
Sorry, I'm not sure what link you're looking at but the link in the OP is the same one I used in the video. Can you show me what link you're looking at so that I can fix it? Thanks!
Actually, that's on me. I copied the link into Chat from my browser so I could click on it from my phone rather than trying to find the post from the app, because I'm lazy. Chat inexplicably only hyperlinked up to the "Misc" folder, so I essentially clicked on https://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Misc Disregard then.

rwilco12

Staff member
Actually, that's on me. I copied the link into Chat from my browser so I could click on it from my phone rather than trying to find the post from the app, because I'm lazy. Chat inexplicably only hyperlinked up to the "Misc" folder, so I essentially clicked on https://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Misc Disregard then.
Lol that's actually not you at all! That's 100% on me and the noob I was when I built the site 10+ years ago. I put a space in "Misc Files" instead of an underscore or something and most browsers don't like spaces. I've wanted to fix that for years but it would require some massive overhauls and updating hundreds of links all over the Internet. Sorry for the pain!

Top Liked Posts