How to enable USB debugging on EMUI rom from recovery/ADB?

Search This thread

Bladyle

Jan 25, 2010
Hi all! Recently I got Huawei p20 lite without screen. I was able to unlock the bootloader, decrypt data and even flash Lineage 16 and use it via ADB stream on my PC. But there was a problem, I can't connect to WiFi networks (even that I can see them). So after some reading I conclude that the problem is my EMUI version - ANE-LX1 9.1.0.368. So I downgrade to EMUI 8 but now I can't get adb access when OS is loaded. I have access only from recovery. On Lineage was easy. Just 3 rows to build.prop and default.prop but that's not the case for stock rom. Does anyone knows what files should be edited and how? Maybe someone with stock rom and root can share there files? I'll be very thankful if someone help.

Bladyle

Jan 25, 2010
I have success using custom kernel and editing build.prop and default.prop from recovery. Now the question is what will be easiest way to upgrade do miui 9 and still can connect to WIFI networks.

Bladyle

Jan 25, 2010
The question was if I make upgrade via system menu does the USB debugging and data decrypt will stay but I guess no.
I'm thinking to upgrade via HURUpdater to ANE-LX1 9.1.0.278 (do this version have wifi drivers problem?) and then decrypt data and flash some GSI rom - I don't think I will have success with booting stock. The one thing that is bothering me is that all tutorial lead to do factory reset after flashing the rom via stock recovery. And in EMUI 8 was easy because I have to press Vol - and power button 3 times but on EMUI 9 I saw you have to type "YES".

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
The question was if I make upgrade via system menu does the USB debugging and data decrypt will stay
I know what the question was and I answered it, maybe in other words.
upgrade via HURUpdater to ANE-LX1 9.1.0.278
And how do you want to do it?
and then decrypt data and flash some GSI rom
GSI does not require data decrypt
all tutorial lead to do factory reset after flashing the rom via stock recovery.
not necessary if you use TWRP
And in EMUI 8 was easy because I have to press Vol - and power button 3 times
Really an interesting method ... :)

Bladyle

Jan 25, 2010

Bladyle

Jan 25, 2010
Uuuhm what? What I'm doing wrong? As I said at my first post my phone has no screen and I'm trying to make it somehow usable for me . Never used Huawei device before. I think people here have more knowledge than me , that's why I'm asking. Sorry if my questions are stupid for you.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Sorry if my questions are stupid for you.
No, you got it wrong.
I'm trying to help you, but you don't have to respect my advice, it's your choice. I'm not an expert or a dev, I'm just a hobbyist, but I have a lot of experience with hi6250 devices.
So just from my experience:
1. As for HuRupdater look here
so I'm not sure that full-OTA will help you...
not necessary if you use TWRP
First do advanced wipe - wipe Art/dalvik + data + system. Reboot fastboot, flash system.img (your GSI) in fastboot > fastboot reboot. That's all.

Bladyle

Jan 25, 2010
Yes, I have used exact this post from you to flash ANE-LX1 8.0.0.144(C432) on my device!
The idea now is to change 3 files you have shared with the files from ANE-LX1 9.1.0.278(C432E6R1P7) FULL OTA.zip. and then flash GSI rom.
From what I have read that's how hurupdater works... I'm not sure that it will work but I can try it.

2. Thanks.

Bladyle

Jan 25, 2010
And what about Service ROM and dload method?
Actually both methods didn't work.
First tried with hurupdater but got some error at the begging.
Then I extracted dload folder from a zip a put it on scard and tried to install it first via code from phone app and then with service menu (vol- vol + and power) but still ended on emui 8 just with encrypted device again... Any other methods I can try?

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Actually both methods didn't work.
First tried with hurupdater but got some error at the begging.
Then I extracted dload folder from a zip a put it on scard and tried to install it first via code from phone app and then with service menu (vol- vol + and power) but still ended on emui 8 just with encrypted device again... Any other methods I can try?
In fastboot mode run commands:

fastboot oem get-build-number
fastboot oem get-product-model
fastboot getvar vendorcountry
fastboot oem oeminforead-CUSTOM_VERSION
fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION
and post results.
Some might fail, so don't worry about it.

Can you give me a link to that service ROM ?
but still ended on emui 8
begins installation and at 5% stops: software installation failed? You got an basic error message "software installation failed", or a specific error? ("Incompatible with current version", "Failed to check update package", Update package doesn't exist" etc.).

Bladyle

Jan 25, 2010
Yesterday I made more than 20 tries without success.
dload method don't work for me and I don't know what the error is there.
I have tried to extract firmware with Huawei update extractor and manually flash all the partition in fastboot. Most of them did flashed OK but some not because of wrong partition name or partition table I think.
I have success of flashing LineageOS 16 and phone boot normally but didn't detect internal storage.
I think I mixed .img files ....
Best answer for me is to use huru updater, but cant find working OTA for EMUI 9 ...

fastboot getvar vendorcountry
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1 9.1.0.278(C432E6R1P7)
(bootloader) ANE-LX1
fastboo getvar vendorcountry
vendorcountry: hw/eu
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1-CUST 9.1.0.6(C432)
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1 8.0.0.151(C432)
Can you give me a link to that service ROM ?
I think this was a the file I tried with dload method.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
I'm thinking to upgrade via HURUpdater to ANE-LX1 9.1.0.278
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1 9.1.0.278(C432E6R1P7)
CUSTOM_VERSION
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1-CUST 9.1.0.6(C432)
??? I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you want at all ...
Best answer for me is to use huru updater, but cant find working OTA for EMUI 9
The safe upgrade to emui 9 can be done as follows:
- via OTA update (via system application)
- using HiSuite
- by the dload method
- paid services

No HwOTA, HuRupdater, fastboot, Huawei Multi-tool (RUFI) etc.