How to enable VoLTE for LG V50 (Korean U+)

Search This thread

Sykander

Dec 5, 2020
How to enable VoLTE on the korean U+? I've checked with my carrier and they confirmed that VoLTE service is active on my SIM. However I can't find any option to enable VoLTE in phone settings. I've only seen a VoLTE call quality option in phone settings - not sure if this means that it's already active. The status bag logo also shows just LTE when mobile data is enabled - no indication of VoLTE.

lallolu

Dec 5, 2009
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
If you have mobile data showing LTE and it does not change to 3G (or something else) when you make or receive a call, then you are on VoLTE. That is my general understanding of it.

en11gma

Jan 18, 2013
i have the sprint version but am currently on tmobile network which (was switching me to 3g) during voice call or txt msg.
now that tmobile has been taking down 3g (and they are working on a tower in my area) i do not even see 3g symbol in notifications anymore. i can complete the call and there is no lte symbol or 3g symbol but call completes but can not use data still.
when i hang up i see lte and can use data (browse the web)
the funny thing is before i went to tmobile i had metro pcs in this area which uses tmobile network and i never had a volte problem so you know this is software and they just want us to buy more phones.
this exact phone worked on metropcs with volte no problem.