• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How to enabling Camera2 Api - Google Camera Mod

Search This thread

BadCluster

Sep 21, 2008
Venice
www.giocoleria.org
-------------------------------> PRE-REQUIREMENTS <---------------------------------

Your phone must be Rooted!
You can find the Tutorial: How to install the TWRP HERE
You can find the Tutorial: How to root HERE

]-------------------------------> ENABLE THE CAMERA2 GOOGLE API <---------------------------------

Q: Why I must enable camera2 api?
A: Here is explained very well: https://goo.gl/yYwRro

Once you have root permissions, open the playstore and look for the app:

BuildProp Editor - Play Store Direct Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor or from the View attachment com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor_2.2.4.0-22400_minAPI14(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

1) Install it and start it (you must grant it the root permissions)
2) Search, by tapping on the lens, the following sentence:

persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=0​

3a) If you find it, you simply have to change the string putting =1 instead of =0

3b) If you can not find it, click on the pen symbol to edit the file and add the following string:

persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1​

4) Save
5) Restart the phone

-------------------------------> INSTALL THE GOOGLE CAMERA MOD <---------------------------------

1) Open your phone's browser and type the following address: https://celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

You will get a lot of Google Camera to download.

Personally I would recommend you to install this version: MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova

Best Setting:

1) Settings -> Quick settings -> Advanced -> Saturation:
Set to 1.9 for both front and back camera Highlight and Shadow Saturation.​
(It will look bleached if you don't set this)

2) Settings-> Quick settings -> Advanced -> Base:
- Interface set to Pixel 3
- Back and front camera set to Pixel 3 XL​

Thanks to @Nikorasu

Last edited:

walker9826

Jan 28, 2017
Wow u're amazing! ? I will buy a Lenovo z5 pro GT. Can u do all it (unlock bootloader, install TWRP, custom Roms and able API 2 camera tutorials) for GT version later please ?

Reactions: 6466433754

crwm74b4x

Aug 15, 2004
Excellent... It works without camera2 api.
On Android Pie (10.5.153 ST) persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 on build.prop seems that it's not enough to enable camera2 api.

Thank you very much.

anonOmattie

Mar 3, 2019
are you happy with the quality the GCAM gives without root permission? i just installed it and it works, but im not sure if it is an improvement over the normal camera (latest software 1.350)

Jun 8, 2019
are you happy with the quality the GCAM gives without root permission? i just installed it and it works, but im not sure if it is an improvement over the normal camera (latest software 1.350)

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F/Lenovo YOGATab3 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

[email protected]
Replying to: How to enabling Camera2 API Google Camera Mod:good:

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F/Lenovo YOGATab3 using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------------------> PRE-REQUIREMENTS <---------------------------------

Your phone must be Rooted!
    You can find the Tutorial: How to install the TWRP HERE
    You can find the Tutorial: How to root HERE

]-------------------------------> ENABLE THE CAMERA2 GOOGLE API <---------------------------------

Q: Why I must enable camera2 api?
    A: Here is explained very well: https://goo.gl/yYwRro

Once you have root permissions, open the playstore and look for the app:

BuildProp Editor - Play Store Direct Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor or from the View attachment com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor_2.2.4.0-22400_minAPI14(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

1) Install it and start it (you must grant it the root permissions)
    2) Search, by tapping on the lens, the following sentence:

persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=0​

3a) If you find it, you simply have to change the string putting =1 instead of =0

3b) If you can not find it, click on the pen symbol to edit the file and add the following string:

persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1​

4) Save
    5) Restart the phone

-------------------------------> INSTALL THE GOOGLE CAMERA MOD <---------------------------------

1) Open your phone's browser and type the following address: https://celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

You will get a lot of Google Camera to download.

Personally I would recommend you to install this version: MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova

Best Setting:

1) Settings -> Quick settings -> Advanced -> Saturation:
    Set to 1.9 for both front and back camera Highlight and Shadow Saturation.​
    (It will look bleached if you don't set this)

2) Settings-> Quick settings -> Advanced -> Base:
    - Interface set to Pixel 3
    - Back and front camera set to Pixel 3 XL​

Thanks to @Nikorasu
    Update:
    6.2.030 is available celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/#apk868 (Razer Phone 2).

HDR+ and RAW (.dng) works without enabling camera2 api (and without root).
    Wow u're amazing! ? I will buy a Lenovo z5 pro GT. Can u do all it (unlock bootloader, install TWRP, custom Roms and able API 2 camera tutorials) for GT version later please ?
    Someone found a version of Google Camera that works with the new Pie firmware (10.5.153)?

Thank you.
    version of Google Camera that works with the new Pie firmware (10.5.153)
    f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/MGC_6.2.024_RazerPhone2_V1d.apk works for me on Android 9.0, 10.5.153 ST