How to enter recovery mode?

Search This thread

Tjufta

Aug 12, 2011
Well title pretty much says what my problem is. I know there are topics that are pretty similar to this one and I read them, tryed them all and I still cannot make recovery mode on my phone work. My best guess is that network from which i bought the phone locked that somehow?

Here's what I've tryed:

Recovery Mode:
With the phone powered off
Turn phone on, while holding power button and pressing back button as shown in video below (start at watching at 0:40)
/watch?v=kReGHJw0elo

I dont think this way (below) is a proper way of entering recovery mode. Anyways i've tryed it:
nevermind.

I used this method and resolved the problem. Thanks

Recovery Mode:
UnPlug the USB cable.
Turn the phone on it’s side and use both thumbs to hold (left thumb) Vol Up and (right thumb) Vol Down
Press and hold the power button with your right index finger til you see "Virbant" release the power button and it should be on the recovery screen.

I also tryed with battery out and cable on but all other things that I've tryed sounds more like witchcraft than anything else. So is it possible that network disabled recovery mode and what do you guyz think I should do? Tnx in advance.

Blagus

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2010
Well title pretty much says what my problem is. I know there are topics that are pretty similar to this one and I read them, tryed them all and I still cannot make recovery mode on my phone work. My best guess is that network from which i bought the phone locked that somehow?

Here's what I've tryed:

Recovery Mode:
Turn phone on, while holding power button and pressing back button as shown in video below (start at watching at 0:40)
/watch?v=kReGHJw0elo

I dont think this way (below) is a proper way of entering recovery mode. Anyways i've tryed it:

I also tryed with battery out and cable on but all other things that I've tryed sounds more like witchcraft than anything else. So is it possible that network disabled recovery mode and what do you guyz think I should do? Tnx in advance.

Recovery doesn't come preinstalled with phone! You have to install it via flashtool!

codfreak

Feb 4, 2011
Rosental an der Kainach
First, you need to have root access.
Then,you can install a recovery, I´d recommend you to install Dual Mode Recovery (use the search button, because then you can have both recoveries.
After that, you can enter CWM recovery with touching the screen repeatedly while it´s showing you the white "Sony Ericsson" logo, and you can enter xrecovery by pressing any button repeatedly

forkspoons

Jun 8, 2013
Kernel

I have rooted my Xperia X8 and flashed kernel nAa on it, but I can't get in recovery mode no matter what I try..

ahmadsamhann

Feb 18, 2011
Betong
Moto G 2014 LTE
Xiaomi Mi A1
I have rooted my Xperia X8 and flashed kernel nAa on it, but I can't get in recovery mode no matter what I try..

press back button for few times to enter CWM Recovery in nAa's kernel.

note: you can't successfully flash kernel into your X8 when you only have rooted your device. you need to unlock bootloader! read these threads!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2043491
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1254225
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1549696
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1436957

Reactions: kaushal_krishna

petrukgrinder

Jan 29, 2012
Bandung
for first u can't boot up to recovery. cause sony doents have default recovery. u must install manual, xrecovery/cwm recovery. u can install it with x8tool, flashtool, or manualy pushing to /system/bin folder.

Little Zed

Nov 13, 2012
Yangon
www.facebook.com
Redmi K30 5G

Here's what I've tryed:

Recovery Mode:
/watch?v=kReGHJw0elo

Use search before posting anything. X8 recovery has two or three types. Dual mode is to either tap the screen and back button. Most recovery is back button.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts