How to exchange memories

Search This thread

Vo_Dich

Jun 18, 2008
Hi, this is a tutorial that explain how to change the internal sd with the external.
It is an idea of danitab78, i decided to create this to shy away from talking in other threads.
I think it solves the main problem of our device that has only 2,3 gb as internal sd.
It works on this script:

mount -o remount,rw /
mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:61 /mnt/sdcard
mount -o bind /data/media /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
chmod 777 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

The only thing to do is create a "external_sd" folder in external_sd
At first, you must have a file managar that works on rooted phones like "Root Explorer" and also "Script Manager - SManager" so you can bring the attached file into your phone, i suggest you to paste it in sys/etc. Now rename your .txt in .sh.
Open Script Manager with root permissions and find the .sh, tap on it, and if is asked how to open it, choos script/executable. In the next windows tap on "su", "boot","save" and finally "run".
If it doesnt give you any error it has worked!

Congratulations
All rights reserved to Danitab78

I did it for a better english, i hope :D

I'm trying to copy extsd2internalsd.txt file to sys/etc folder using either Root Explorer or SManager, but all I see is sys folder and not etc subfolder. Am I missing something? I have a P769, rooted, P76910e.

Should I be updating to 10g? Voodoo OTA RootKeeper is installed and backed up. Thanks.

Roker1

Jan 18, 2013
I'm trying to copy extsd2internalsd.txt file to sys/etc folder using either Root Explorer or SManager, but all I see is sys folder and not etc subfolder. Am I missing something? I have a P769, rooted, P76910e.

Should I be updating to 10g? Voodoo OTA RootKeeper is installed and backed up. Thanks.

i dont think the problem is the version, try to search the etc folder better, that is strange, maybe the p769 hasnt got it, i have p760. Anyway, try to run the script in another place, maybe it works as well

jes0411

Nov 15, 2011
OnePlus 11

Folder is /system/etc/, not /sys/etc/

Anyway, there is a link to /system/etc in root folder, if you go to /etc, it redirect you to /system/etc (as a windows shortcut)

Last edited:
Reactions: Roker1

LuckyStrike88

Oct 1, 2012
Has anyone tested Rom Toolbox pro app2sd? The options are AUTO, INTERNAL, SD CARD.

I have not tried it, but the problem is ICS and JB consider your internal to be part of your stock memory and SD card to be the other partition of your stock memory. So when it says SD Card it doesn't mean external sd card.

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012
I have not tried it, but the problem is ICS and JB consider your internal to be part of your stock memory and SD card to be the other partition of your stock memory. So when it says SD Card it doesn't mean external sd card.

Now i understand. App2sd didn't even give me the option to move files, RomToolbox and link2sd don't work. I guess its the script or wait until custom rom.

nuzbabu

Jul 6, 2006
confused

i used this script and i see sd card wtih 14gb+ and original sd card shifted to external sd with 1.8gb.

i still get the error for installing apps as i don't have space.

what else i have to do? just copy all the folders from original sd card to removable sd card?

Mr.Brown94

May 16, 2012
Teramo
R: How to exchange memories

Can someone post the script to revert it to original settings? With sdcard and external_sd mounted originally?
Thanks

Inviato dal mioLG-P760 con xda app-developers app

LuckyStrike88

Oct 1, 2012
Now i understand. App2sd didn't even give me the option to move files, RomToolbox and link2sd don't work. I guess its the script or wait until custom rom.

i used this script and i see sd card wtih 14gb+ and original sd card shifted to external sd with 1.8gb.

i still get the error for installing apps as i don't have space.

what else i have to do? just copy all the folders from original sd card to removable sd card?

The best option I have found on my Galaxy Note is directory bind, I just bound the Android directory to Ext Sd and I've had no problems. But you can do it on an app by app basis.

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
Can someone post the script to revert it to original settings? With sdcard and external_sd mounted originally?
Thanks

Inviato dal mioLG-P760 con xda app-developers app

You can delete what you done in "Script Manager - SManager". After that delete /system/etc/extsd2internalsd.sh by you Root Explorer. Then reboot your phone.

Gh0sT.RPG

Jan 20, 2013
Mangalore
Any1 confirmed this method to be working on JB? :confused: I know u can move apps to sd card in jb, but i heard u cant move app data!!!! :eek:

Domonick5150

Mar 19, 2013
crestview
lg p769 V10G 4.0.4 ICS

I have my LG Optimus L9 on ICS 4.0.4 rooted and I am trying to exchange memories. I have a problem with all my files that were on there originally (after swapping my memory) i cannot play my music or anything has this happened to anyone else?
(ALSO DOES NOT STICK AFTER REBOOT have to rerun script every time)

Last edited:

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012
I've decided not to do memory swap. Waiting for JB or CM which will likely have it integrated. For now trying to get by with what's left of main memory. Some gps apps can store data in SD card. Camera and audio recording apps record to external SD as well. Why those fk ups at LG set it up like that i have no idea. Hope my future devices won't have this memory issue.

aarongotgame

Mar 13, 2013
dumb question

THis might sound dumb but is this also for P769 10g rooted. I always have to wait until I see a comment with my phone in it and I couldn't find one or maybe overlooked. I wish everyone put in op what phone they used or edit op when users confirm a certain model has been effectively altered by topic. :/ some do some don't lol ijs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, this is a tutorial that explain how to change the internal sd with the external.
    It is an idea of danitab78, i decided to create this to shy away from talking in other threads.
    I think it solves the main problem of our device that has only 2,3 gb as internal sd.
    It works on this script:

ICS:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    mount -o bind /data/media /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
    chmod 777 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

The only thing to do is create a "external_sd" folder in external_sd
    At first, you must have a file managar that works on rooted phones like "Root Explorer" and also "Script Manager - SManager" so you can bring the attached file into your phone, i suggest you to paste it in system/etc. Now rename your .txt in .sh.
    Open Script Manager with root permissions and find the .sh, tap on it, and if is asked how to open it, choos script/executable. In the next windows tap on "su", "boot","save" and finally "run".
    If it doesnt give you any error it has worked!

Congratulations
    All rights reserved to Danitab78

JELLYBEAN:

I copied kumas post, so thanks to him here and here

ROOT IS REQUIRED and Jelly Bean
    I made/copied (lol) this script by combining Artas182x and Mateo1111 scripts
    this is how you would save it as script (.sh file)
    Code:

#!/system/bin/sh

SU

busybox mount -o remount,rw /

busybox mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:61 /mnt/sdcard
    if busybox mount | busybox grep vold/179:61; then
    busybox mount -o bind /data/media /storage/external_SD
    busybox rm /storage/external_SD/external_sd
    busybox chmod -R 777 /storage/external_SD
    fi

Or just download the attachment and unzip to your sdcard and run with smanger or similar app (and set to boot at startup if you want)

Note:
    1.When using the camera and video recorder, change settings storage to internal memory (if you don't, you will have to reboot the phone to see your pic/vid you just took)

2.This script will allow you to install large size games (ex. Asphalt 7) but you will still need link2sd (to move apps to your external_SD)
    Now if you use the link2sd app, select the "create symbolic link"
    lol one more thing, you will need to partition your sdcard to use link2sd.

3.If y'all have busybox installed properly this script should work fine. In addition, this script is all set for init.d (but i have problems using this method). You will get an error for SU, because it's set for init.d. However, the script still works fine through a terminal.

Warning, using Android Tuner app can mess up your L9 and I'm not responsible if you do!
    Or if you don't want to use link2sd and partition your Sdcard, you can use Android Tuner However, this app is really advance and you should make a CWM backup (thanks to Artas182x) before messing with this app. It has a lot of options and you could mess the phone up.

I did it for a better english, i hope :D
    Should I save this as a script and run it like the first post says?
    ROOT IS REQUIRED and Jelly Bean
    I made/copied (lol) this script by combining Artas182x and Mateo1111 scripts
    this is how you would save it as script (.sh file)
    Code:
    #! /system/bin/sh
    mount -o remount,rw /

mount -t exfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:61 /mnt/sdcard
    if mount | grep vold/179:61; then
    mount -o bind /data/media /storage/external_SD
    chmod -R 777 /storage/external_SD
    fi

Or just download the attachment and unzip to your sdcard and run with smanger or similar app (and set to boot at startup if you want)

Note:
    1.When using the camera and video recorder, change settings storage to internal memory (if you don't, you will have to reboot the phone to see your pic/vid you just took)

2.This script will allow you to install large size games (ex. Asphalt 7) but you will still need link2sd (to move apps to your external_SD)
    Now if you use the link2sd app, select the "create symbolic link"
    lol one more thing, you will need to partition your sdcard to use link2sd.

Warning, using Android Tuner app can mess up your L9 and I'm not responsible if you do!
    Or if you don't want to use link2sd and partition your Sdcard, you can use Android Tuner However, this app is really advance and you should make a CWM backup (thanks to Artas182x) before messing with this app. It has a lot of options and you could mess the phone up.

Now go thank Artas182x and Mateo1111
    I'm using this script on JB:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/nqsi11txu2d7tb3/extsd2internalsd-jellybean.sh

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    mount -o bind /data/media /storage/external_SD
    chmod 777 /storage/external_SD

Work's great :)
    Changes to the script

hey i made a little changes to the script, i removed the symbolic link to external_sd (no more mirrors) :D

Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh

SU

busybox mount -o remount,rw /

busybox mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:61 /mnt/sdcard
    if busybox mount | busybox grep vold/179:61; then
    busybox mount -o bind /data/media /storage/external_SD
    busybox rm /storage/external_SD/external_sd
    busybox chmod -R 777 /storage/external_SD
    fi
    if y'all have busybox installed properly this script should work fine. In addition, this script is all set for init.d (but i have problems using this method).
    Note: you will get an error for SU, because it's set for init.d. However, the script still works fine through a terminal.
    Same as before, extract file, set for boot (if you want) or place file inside etc/init.d (if you want)
    it really is move data of the application..

but if you take a look on "/data/app/" the installed apps is still there and the "/sdcard/app" is empty
    it seems move everything including data of application (OBB files), and default location of application like whatsapp media now is in the "/sdcard/whatsapp"

is that normal or there would be any possible way to move "/data/app" to such as "/sdcard/app" ??

the script work only for swith internal sd card whit external.
    No need move apk in sdcard