Question How to fastboot into reboot recovery?

Search This thread

escalhavardo

Jan 13, 2007
Cascais
I'm on a POCO M4 Pro 5G eea global V13.0.1.0.SGBEUXM, and my fastboot doesn't accept the "fastboot reboot recovery" command.
Every time I install the recovery.img, then I can't go to the installed custom recovery, I tried every solution I could find:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot bootloader
and then select Recovery using Vol-Up/Down buttons + Power button to start the recovery ROM

1.fastboot set_active b
2.fastboot flash boot_b New_fox.img
3.fastboot reboot recovery
4.Select "Flash current OrangeFOX" in menu (automatically flashe to both slot ab )
5.Select "reboot" in menu
6.Select "Slot A is active"
7. reboot

fastboot flash recovery.img
fastboot reboot recovery

fastboot boot twrp.img

None of these methods allowed me to initialize the installed custom recovery.
Any suggestion?
Thank you so much in advance

Last edited:

kousuke5555

Jan 25, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G
I'm on a POCO M4 Pro 5G eea global V13.0.1.0.SGBEUXM, and my fastboot doesn't accept the "fastboot reboot recovery" command.
Every time I install the recovery.img, then I can't go to the installed custom recovery, I tried every solution I could find:

Any suggestion?
hi
I think the arraki's TWRP on xda cannot be started.
Better to use orangeFox.

There is no Recovery partition on this phone, so we use "fastboot flash boot recovery.img".

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: escalhavardo

escalhavardo

Jan 13, 2007
Cascais
I think I just bricked my phone. I got it to enter in orangefox, then I selected restart system, and then is just looping into poco logo.
I can enter in fastboot, but even when i restore the original boot.img, it keeps looping in poco logo.
Can someone give me a help? I don´t have a clue how to boot a firmware trough fastboot
Very thankfully in advance

Edited: I managed to restore boot.img (thank God) :

Fastboot flash boot_a boot.img (Original firmware)
Fastboot flash boot_b boot.img (Original firmware)

fastboot reboot

Last edited:

kousuke5555

Jan 25, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G
I think I just bricked my phone. I got it to enter in orangefox, then I selected restart system, and then is just looping into poco logo.
I can enter in fastboot, but even when i restore the original boot.img, it keeps looping in poco logo.
Can someone give me a help? I don´t have a clue how to boot a firmware trough fastboot

Use Xiaomi Flash Tool.
If you can get into fastboot mode, you can restore.

Then do the following. or give up.
1.fastboot set_active b
4.Select "Flash current OrangeFOX" in menu (automatically flashe to both slot ab )
7. reboot

• Love

kousuke5555

Jan 25, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G

fastboot reboot

I forgot to say
Be careful not to lock bootloader with Xiaomi Flash Tool. It's a very confusing setting.

kousuke5555

Jan 25, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G
Where is "Slot A is active" ? i don´t see it

Did you mean "Switch to slot A" ?

thank you so much, your a life saver.

Go back to fastboot
"fastboot set_active a"

1.fastboot getvar current-slot
2.if the result is slot a.(slot a in which the system boots)
3.fastboot set_active b
4.fastboot flash boot_b New_fox.img
5.fastboot reboot recovery
6.Select "Flash current OrangeFOX" in menu (automatically flash to both slot a/b )
7.Select "back"
8.Select "reboot" in menu
9.Select "Slot A is active"
10.reboot

Last edited:
  • Love

shanawgray

Aug 29, 2021
I forgot to say
Be careful not to lock bootloader with Xiaomi Flash Tool. It's a very confusing setting.
Can you send me unlocked bootloader backup of poco m4 pro 5g i just locked it and i can't unlock it now because my phone is bricked and it's showing nv data is corrupted if you have solution on this plz share it.

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
It's important to note that many devices do not have a recovery partition. A/B slot devices are an example of this. The recovery kernel, as well as the system kernel and ramdisk, is in /boot. If you flash a recovery image to /boot, this overwrites anything that was already in there, meaning that you just deleted your system kernel.

To work around this, do not FLASH custom recoveries, but instead LIVE BOOT them:
fastboot boot twrp.img

This tells your device to load the image you're sending, without flashing it to the boot partition.

From here, once TWRP is running, you should be able to install TWRP which replaces the recovery kernel in /boot with TWRP, while preserving your system kernel.

However, in many cases, installing TWRP shouldn't be necessary at all if you can flash partitions directly from fastboot.

If you made this mistake and your device is only booting to TWRP, simply reflash the factory boot image.

kousuke5555

Jan 25, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G
It's important to note that many devices do not have a recovery partition. A/B slot devices are an example of this. The recovery kernel, as well as the system kernel and ramdisk, is in /boot. If you flash a recovery image to /boot, this overwrites anything that was already in there, meaning that you just deleted your system kernel.

To work around this, do not FLASH custom recoveries, but instead LIVE BOOT them:
fastboot boot twrp.img

This tells your device to load the image you're sending, without flashing it to the boot partition.

From here, once TWRP is running, you should be able to install TWRP which replaces the recovery kernel in /boot with TWRP, while preserving your system kernel.

However, in many cases, installing TWRP shouldn't be necessary at all if you can flash partitions directly from fastboot.

If you made this mistake and your device is only booting to TWRP, simply reflash the factory boot image.

hi
Unfortunately, some models of xiaomi cannot use the fastboot "boot" command.

The method mentioned in the thread here is a last resort.
I've talked to some developers but they don't accept this method.
sad.

However, there is no thread in xda, but the developer made twrp, so I think we should use it.

kousuke5555

Jan 25, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G
Do you have any other solution to this error "nv data is corrupted"

hi
I'm sorry. I was wrong.

I thought I needed an official unlock.
but maybe it seems that SP Flash Tool can also be used for locked.

How-to-fix-system-destroyed-on-locked-MTK-bootloader
ttps://telegra.ph/How-to-fix-system-destroyed-on-locked-MTK-bootloader-07-10

"nv data is corrupted" may be another issue.
Perhaps putting in the "correct" stock ROM might fix it.
However, it may be impossible if nvram is completely erased.
There are smart people who made the guide link above in the telegram group, so I think you should talk to them.

Last edited:

shanawgray

Aug 29, 2021
hi
I'm sorry. I was wrong.

I thought I needed an official unlock.
but maybe it seems that SP Flash Tool can also be used for locked.

How-to-fix-system-destroyed-on-locked-MTK-bootloader
ttps://telegra.ph/How-to-fix-system-destroyed-on-locked-MTK-bootloader-07-10

"nv data is corrupted" may be another issue.
Perhaps putting in the "correct" stock ROM might fix it.
However, it may be impossible if nvram is completely erased.
There are smart people who made the guide link above in the telegram group, so I think you should talk to them.
Hi
I was trying to flash gsi on my poco m4 pro 5g and that didn't work and my phone got bricked after that i flash stock rom with sp flash tool but the download only option was not working then i try to flash with format all + download and it did worked and the error started showing up. can i bypass that error "nv data is corrupted" and boot into system?

kousuke5555

Jan 25, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G
Hi
I was trying to flash gsi on my poco m4 pro 5g and that didn't work and my phone got bricked after that i flash stock rom with sp flash tool but the download only option was not working then i try to flash with format all + download and it did worked and the error started showing up. can i bypass that error "nv data is corrupted" and boot into system?

If you flash the wrong stock ROM (for example, evergreen rom → evergo rom) with SP TOOL and get "nv data is corrupted", it is highly likely that you can fix it by flashing the original ROM.

However, your case is different.
format all + download is a taboo setting.
I think the unique IMEI information was also erased.
Since it is a new problem apart from the bootloader lock problem, recovery is very difficult.

This is a problem beyond my knowledge
I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: shanawgray

shanawgray

Aug 29, 2021
If you flash the wrong stock ROM (for example, evergreen rom → evergo rom) with SP TOOL and get "nv data is corrupted", it is highly likely that you can fix it by flashing the original ROM.

Since it is a new problem apart from the bootloader lock problem, recovery is very difficult.

I'm sorry.
thanks.....!
but I think I got the solution

kousuke5555

Jan 25, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G
For those looking at this thread.
Just in case, I'll mention it below.

This article is about "arraki's" TWRP and orangefox.
Information is old.
there's a new TWRP, so any troubles or questions should be resolved in that TWRP thread.
Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any suggestion?
    hi
    I think the arraki's TWRP on xda cannot be started.
    Better to use orangeFox.

There is no Recovery partition on this phone, so we use "fastboot flash boot recovery.img".

Use Xiaomi Flash Tool.
    If you can get into fastboot mode, you can restore.

Then do the following. or give up.
    1.fastboot set_active b
    7. reboot

fastboot reboot

I forgot to say
    Where is "Slot A is active" ? i don´t see it

Did you mean "Switch to slot A" ?

thank you so much, your a life saver.

Go back to fastboot
    "fastboot set_active a"

1.fastboot getvar current-slot
    2.if the result is slot a.(slot a in which the system boots)
    3.fastboot set_active b
    4.fastboot flash boot_b New_fox.img
    5.fastboot reboot recovery
    6.Select "Flash current OrangeFOX" in menu (automatically flash to both slot a/b )
    7.Select "back"
    8.Select "reboot" in menu
    9.Select "Slot A is active"
    10.reboot
    Hi

I'm sorry.