• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to find a rootable Pixel 5 (non-verizon or non-company network)

Search This thread

a4abbas

Jan 29, 2013
I am going to buy a used Pixel 5 tomorrow. I want to quickly confirm if I can root the Pixel 5 given that its already updated to Android 12? And also how do I know if it isnt from Verizon or some network phone as I think I wont be able to root that as well.
If any one could please confirm this fact quickly I can buy it without hesitation.

Please advice

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5
I am going to buy a used Pixel 5 tomorrow. I want to quickly confirm if I can root the Pixel 5 given that its already updated to Android 12?
If any one could please confirm this fact quickly I can buy it without hesitation.

Please advice
I'm rooted on Android 12 with my Pixel 5.
Rooting it is a little different than it used to be. Make sure to read instructions for it.

Reactions: a4abbas

a4abbas

Jan 29, 2013
Rooting it is a little different than it used to be. Make sure to read instructions for it.
Thanks for your answer. I would also like to know if that Pixel 5 is not from Verizon or some network phone as I think I wont be able to root that as well.

a4abbas

Jan 29, 2013
Yeah, you don't want a Verizon model. If you can get the IMEI for the phone before you buy it, there are ways to check if it's a Verizon model or not
Thanks for your answer. The seller is not willing to share IMEI before I pay him. Is there any other way to check it? Like say through a model number or something ? Also I would like to know how to check if I had the IMEI? Could you please get me to that link?

Last edited:

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for your answer. The seller is not willing to share IMEI before I pay him. Is there any other way to check it? Like say through a model number or something ? Also I would like to know how to check if I had the IMEI? Could you please get me to that link?
If someone isn't willing to share the IMEI, don't buy it.

Your best bet would be through a site such as Swappa, due to their policies that help prevent users from getting screwed.

Or, you could buy an unlocked 5a direct from Google; the hardware is identical to the P5, with the exception of a larger battery, 0.3" larger screen, and 6GB RAM vs 8GB in the P5.

Reactions: xunholyx

a4abbas

Jan 29, 2013

Your best bet would be through a site such as Swappa, due to their policies that help prevent users from getting screwed.

Or, you could buy an unlocked 5a direct from Google; the hardware is identical to the P5, with the exception of a larger battery, 0.3" larger screen, and 6GB RAM vs 8GB in the P5.

OK mate i finally got the IMEI from a seller. Could you please tell me where do I confirm if this is a non verizon phone? Screenshot:

Screenshot_20211215-181934__01.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am going to buy a used Pixel 5 tomorrow. I want to quickly confirm if I can root the Pixel 5 given that its already updated to Android 12?

Please advice
    Thanks for your answer. I would also like to know if that Pixel 5 is not from Verizon or some network phone as I think I wont be able to root that as well.
    Verizon Pixel 5 cannot be rooted.
    Yeah, you don't want a Verizon model. If you can get the IMEI for the phone before you buy it, there are ways to check if it's a Verizon model or not