Question How to find the precise model name

Search This thread

davidjuniorsaylor

Aug 28, 2022
There are so many phone models that have same or similar names. When I look into my "About Phone", it plainly states:

Device name:
moto g stylus 5G

There is no "year" in that whatsoever. I'm wondering if the people that come onto this forum looking for (for example): "moto g stylus 5G 2022" or "moto g stylus 5G 2021" actually have a phone that says:

Device name:
moto g stylus 5G 2022

Device name:
moto g stylus 5G 2021

or if those phones actually exist? Furthermore, can anyone point me to a noobie guide for unlocking my "moto g stylus 5G"? lol please and tyvm <3

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
There are so many phone models that have same or similar names. When I look into my "About Phone", it plainly states:

Device name:
moto g stylus 5G

There is no "year" in that whatsoever. I'm wondering if the people that come onto this forum looking for (for example): "moto g stylus 5G 2022" or "moto g stylus 5G 2021" actually have a phone that says:

Device name:
moto g stylus 5G 2022

Device name:
moto g stylus 5G 2021

or if those phones actually exist? Furthermore, can anyone point me to a noobie guide for unlocking my "moto g stylus 5G"? lol please and tyvm <3

NascarHhotteer

Jan 25, 2023

Device name:
moto g stylus 5G

Device name:
moto g stylus 5G 2022

Device name:
moto g stylus 5G 2021

I found mine under the settings about phone also. Click on the model and it goes to another page and it has the XT 2131-1. Mine doesn't have the year. I have to go by the camera on the back in a box instead of a line. Hope this makes sense.

fddm

Feb 24, 2011
Hold down Vol- when booting to load fastboot. Your codename and model will be shown under Product/Variant.

Edit: I didn't read the question apparently. These are two seperate devices, the "Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G" codename denver released in 2021 and the "Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G (2022)" codename milanf.

Last edited:

amppcguru

Device name:
moto g stylus 5G

Device name:
moto g stylus 5G 2022

Device name:
moto g stylus 5G 2021

Mine has the Year in
moto g stylus 5G (2022)
XT2215-4