How to fix app drawer opening when swiping for recents?

Search This thread

acheney1990

Oct 29, 2013
Saint Stephen
Can anyone help me with this issue? I'm trying to use a custom launcher on my device (currently Hyperion, but tried others) How do I fix the app drawer opening when swiping for recents from the home screen, using gesture navigation? Like when I'm on the home page and swipe up and hold to open recents menu, it keeps opening the launcher app drawer.

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
Peace...

I'm using Nova and I'm having the same problem. I do think there used to be an app made by Jawomo to customize gestures..hopefully someone has a workaround for this as its frustrating

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

shooterlgk

Jul 11, 2012
FrEsNo CA
Tried using a third party launcher and had the same issue. I think it's a one ui issue. Even when using good lock I tried switching the recent style and every time I swipe up to go home it brings up recents instead of going home

davidsmash098

Mar 11, 2011
Try using the 3 location Samsung gestures instead of the Android 10 one. It's way smoother and doesn't have hiccups with 3rd party launchers. You can also get rid of the indicators so you have a completely clean screen, no bar at all on the bottom.

This coupled with onehandedgestures from good lock is way better than stock gestures imo.

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
Can anyone help me with this issue? I'm trying to use a custom launcher on my device (currently Hyperion, but tried others) How do I fix the app drawer opening when swiping for recents from the home screen, using gesture navigation? Like when I'm on the home page and swipe up and hold to open recents menu, it keeps opening the launcher app drawer.

Peace...

I'm using Nova and I'm having the same problem. I do think there used to be an app made by Jawomo to customize gestures..hopefully someone has a workaround for this as its frustrating

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Strange ,
i have Nova launcher Prime and have no such issues .!!
My swipe up from bottom ( middle ) opens Recents ..every time .
i think it could be wrong combo of settings ..or something like that ,you have configured it ?

My setup is ,I'm using Device /Settings /Navigation bar option "Swipe from sides and bottom "
My Nova Launcher Prime settings "Gestures " Re the swipe up action is set on" None"
Further my Nova /settings / Gestures ,Home button is set to "Default page ".
So i have no conflict in gestures .
( Samsung navigation , swipe up conflicting with Nova swipe up gestures ????)
I use pinch in gesture to open App drawer .
I also use Samsungs Good lock module, Tasks Changer ,which actually gives me an "animated icon "when i swipe up and hold for Recents .
good luck

Last edited:

marriusf81

Feb 4, 2011
bucharest
Into nova settings/gestures& inputs/home button choose "none".
I think this will fix the issue you having.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200929-154530.jpg
    Screenshot_20200929-154530.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 118