how to fix bootloop?

Search This thread

rupeshrudy9

Dec 15, 2008
Try going to TWRP
1. hold vol down + power till it off
2. Once it shows the first on screen, release the power button and press back the power button (vol down hold)
3. A menu for factory reset will be shown, agree to it 2 times
4. Then it will boot to TWRP ( no data will be deleted )

Sent from my LG-H930DS using Tapatalk

You are Genius.. Savior of my V30 :) . It worked .. installed Liquid remix . all good now .
LG has this stupid key combinations .. why cant they keep it simple like other phones :mad:

thanks a ton. :)

ellomdian

Jan 8, 2009
Try going to TWRP
1. hold vol down + power till it off
2. Once it shows the first on screen, release the power button and press back the power button (vol down hold)
3. A menu for factory reset will be shown, agree to it 2 times
4. Then it will boot to TWRP ( no data will be deleted )

Sent from my LG-H930DS using Tapatalk

Others have said it, but you are a hero. I like to believe I know how to hack mobiles, but I fcuked up a flash and was already pricing replacement phones before this combo got me back to TWRP. My own personal ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA !

Reactions: ChazzMatt

mirko.gd

Dec 24, 2020
Hi, I have a LG US988 with TWRP on which I was trying to install Android 9 but I was having problems with the kdz files. However in the end to provide Android 7.1.2 (to go to 9) I installed this ROM in zip format from TWRP: hxxps: //androidfilehost.com/? Fid = 4349826312261691459
The installation seemed fine from TWRP but on reboot it only goes to "no command". I can get it to go into "download mode" for a few seconds but then it immediately goes into "no command". The only commands it takes is to do the master reset but then it comes back in no command.
From a pc I can't see the phone so I can't give adb or fastboot commands. Already tried the commands given here but without success. Can anything be done?
Thank you very much
(sorry for english, this text is translated automatically)

mirko.gd

Dec 24, 2020
Hi, I have a LG US988 with TWRP on which I was trying to install Android 9 but I was having problems with the kdz files. However in the end to provide Android 7.1.2 (to go to 9) I installed this ROM in zip format from TWRP: hxxps: //androidfilehost.com/? Fid = 4349826312261691459
The installation seemed fine from TWRP but on reboot it only goes to "no command". I can get it to go into "download mode" for a few seconds but then it immediately goes into "no command". The only commands it takes is to do the master reset but then it comes back in no command.
From a pc I can't see the phone so I can't give adb or fastboot commands. Already tried the commands given here but without success. Can anything be done?
Thank you very much
(sorry for english, this text is translated automatically)
The ron that bricked my phone is LG+V30+H93310h+Nougat+7.1.2.zip

schwinn8

Aug 12, 2010
Somewhere in Connecticut
The ron that bricked my phone is LG+V30+H93310h+Nougat+7.1.2.zip
What ROM did you come from?

In most cases you cannot just TWRP flash to a new version of Android. You must use KDZ. If you TWRP flashed from Oreo or Pie to this Nougat, you will have problems.

Also, you have chosen to flash H933 ROM... why? If you were on US998, you should stay on US998 Nougat, not flash to different models like this. Please follow the instructions for installing ROMs carefully. You can't just jump around like this without causing problems.

If you must go to Pie, then KDZ to US998 Pie, then you should be able to follow the ROM's specific instructions to install via TWRP to another Pie ROM.

Reactions: TheDannemand

mirko.gd

Dec 24, 2020
Hello,
thanks for the answer, without paying attention I skipped versions as you say.
I had unlocked the bootload and put TWRP, then with LPUP I installed Oreo with KDZ. From here I could no longer reboot into TWRP but I could get into it by loading TWRP with fastboot.
From this situation I tried with LGUP to load the Nougat KDZ but the phone restarted without installing anything and then LGUP indicated that the operation had failed. Since Nougat's KDZ failed I searched for Nougat zip files and found only the one for H933. With fastboot I then booted into TRWP and from there I installed the zip for H933.
Now i have no Fastboot no Download mode no Recovery and phone Bootlooping on "no command".
I have read that there is the possibility to recover the phone using the Qualcomm 9008 mode but I can't find a detailed guide, can you help me?
On ebay I see that someone for 30 Euros can do the operation by connecting remotely.
Thanks
Mirko

What ROM did you come from?

In most cases you cannot just TWRP flash to a new version of Android. You must use KDZ. If you TWRP flashed from Oreo or Pie to this Nougat, you will have problems.

Also, you have chosen to flash H933 ROM... why? If you were on US998, you should stay on US998 Nougat, not flash to different models like this. Please follow the instructions for installing ROMs carefully. You can't just jump around like this without causing problems.

If you must go to Pie, then KDZ to US998 Pie, then you should be able to follow the ROM's specific instructions to install via TWRP to another Pie ROM.

mirko.gd

Dec 24, 2020
I found this guide for Qualcomm 9008 V30 mode but it seems to refer to V300 model, do you know if it is ok for US998 too?
hxxps://xdaforums.com/t/lg-v30-unbrick-guide-qualcomm-edl-9008-mode-hardbirck-with-no-download-mode.4048661/

Hello,
thanks for the answer, without paying attention I skipped versions as you say.
I had unlocked the bootload and put TWRP, then with LPUP I installed Oreo with KDZ. From here I could no longer reboot into TWRP but I could get into it by loading TWRP with fastboot.
From this situation I tried with LGUP to load the Nougat KDZ but the phone restarted without installing anything and then LGUP indicated that the operation had failed. Since Nougat's KDZ failed I searched for Nougat zip files and found only the one for H933. With fastboot I then booted into TRWP and from there I installed the zip for H933.
Now i have no Fastboot no Download mode no Recovery and phone Bootlooping on "no command".
I have read that there is the possibility to recover the phone using the Qualcomm 9008 mode but I can't find a detailed guide, can you help me?
On ebay I see that someone for 30 Euros can do the operation by connecting remotely.
Thanks
Mirko

schwinn8

Aug 12, 2010
Somewhere in Connecticut
You need to do a lot more reading of the process, as you're still jumping around which will cause problems. Please use the instructions on the WTF thread. The process is clearly documented (with proper downloads available as well). I expect you will want to be on US998, unless you have specific need to be on a special version. US998 is the "world" version of the ROM which works best in most countries.

If you need a special version, then let us know why (what bands are you looking for, or what carrier and country, etc). You can also use websites like https://www.frequencycheck.com/ to see what you need for bands, and if the US998 will work for you.

mirko.gd

Dec 24, 2020
Thanks, for my country US998 is fine. I had the phone unlocked by a remote service, now everything is working fine on stock Pie and I think I keep this.

mirko.gd

Dec 24, 2020
For information, the technician who remotely repaired the phone looks like a serious person and I haven't seen any strange things done.
After it finished its work I did a master reset of the phone, is it possible that some program like trojan or spyware or other has been installed on the phone and that it remains even after the reset?

You need to do a lot more reading of the process, as you're still jumping around which will cause problems. Please use the instructions on the WTF thread. The process is clearly documented (with proper downloads available as well). I expect you will want to be on US998, unless you have specific need to be on a special version. US998 is the "world" version of the ROM which works best in most countries.

If you need a special version, then let us know why (what bands are you looking for, or what carrier and country, etc). You can also use websites like https://www.frequencycheck.com/ to see what you need for bands, and if the US998 will work for you.

ndubat@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2012
LG V50 ThinQ
use this description to enter download mode and flash TWRP using fastboot.
but after you flashed TWRP, you have to boot into TWRP via fastboot using this command fastboot boot TWRP-3.2.1-joan-v0.1.img
okay, let me try describe my steps in details :

1) Phone is bootlooping, USB cable is connected to Phone, NOT to PC
2) Hold down power button only till the screen becomes "black"
3) Once "black", quickly hold the "vol UP" and connect the USB cable to the PC
4) Now it should show the "download mode"
5) Without removing the USB cable, hold "power + vol DOWN"
6) Once screen becomes "black", release the "power" button, hold the "vol DOWN"
7) Until you see the "fastboot mode"
8) Now you can flash TWRP back using fastboot command from the PC
9) Boot back to TWRP

p/s : yes, the phone cannot be turned off, for long time, but it can be for a very short time. Need to use that short time to trigger all the keys
this is not working for me at all. is there ANOTHER option to switch the damn phone off completely?

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
this is not working for me at all. is there ANOTHER option to switch the damn phone off completely?
Holding Power + Vol Down for several seconds should work. Make sure that, unlike those instructions, you don't have a USB cable attached (or have it on a wireless charger).

Other than that, there's always the option to leave it off of the charger until the battery runs out and it has to shut down. You can speed up the process by running a CPU stress test app.

Last edited:
Reactions: ndubat@gmail.com

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
Also, if your phone is rooted, you can install an app like Super Reboot (my favorite) and try the Power Off option in its menu.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it's not possible to turn my device off. i hold power button for minutes and nothing happend. i tried also in combinations with volume keys.

okay, let me try describe my steps in details :

9) Boot back to TWRP

p/s : yes, the phone cannot be turned off, for long time, but it can be for a very short time. Need to use that short time to trigger all the keys
    flashed magisk 17?
    I have the same problem after flashing Magisk 17. I am in a bootloop between LG black start and root/unlocked bootloader warning screen.
    I followed your steps 1-7 in a command line screen (as administrator) and it works but it seems that recovery flash is not working because the command line screen show me a very short time in the recovery flashing work (see attached image).
    "fastboot reboot" returns me to the bootloop.
    "Power Off" and "Restart" options in the phone returns to me to the bootloop again.
    If I unplug the USB cable in the fastboot screen, the phone goes to the splash black screen and does nothing.
    I have the same problem after flashing Magisk 17. I am in a bootloop between LG black start and root/unlocked bootloader warning screen.
    I followed your steps 1-7 in a command line screen (as administrator) and it works but it seems that recovery flash is not working because the command line screen show me a very short time in the recovery flashing work (see attached image).
    "fastboot reboot" returns me to the bootloop.
    "Power Off" and "Restart" options in the phone returns to me to the bootloop again.

you have to reboot directly into TWRP after flashing it!
    fastboot boot TWRP***.img
    How do you booted into TWRP??

use this description to enter download mode and flash TWRP using fastboot.
    but after you flashed TWRP, you have to boot into TWRP via fastboot using this command fastboot boot TWRP-3.2.1-joan-v0.1.img

9) Boot back to TWRP