• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to fix dead Asus Zenfone max ? (Even no charging, No fastboot, No recovery)

Search This thread

arunzone

Apr 21, 2016
Karur
Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018
Have tried to download the firmware file from google drive for the past two days but ti always says "Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time. Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later." My phone is dead from past 3 days and can't do anything with as even the file is not being downloaded for repairing. Kindly provide any other link if u have from where i can download the file.

mehtarahul

Nov 1, 2018
sir im using zenfone max msm8939 sd615 version i just wipe data, catch ,dalvik, system and reboot from twrp my phone not turning on no logo no led indication no csc mode no recovery i try my level best with all option on internet not working but my pc still show qualcomm qd loader 9008 and qfill app show post but error funcion main fail to open com port handel i need correct frimware for msm8939 raw if you know how to fix please condact me [email protected]

arvs47

Aug 16, 2018
Trivandrum
@jide1 Hello I need help < my device is 8916 snapdragon 410 It went to a gapps crash , like play services stopped and cannot get out of it , after restart device not turning on it shows asus logo and rotating all time , so I decided to flash the device latest rom using the fastboot and i cleared the cache using the fastboot command like fastboot clear cache , and after that i cannot run anything in recovery it shows some log error like cant mount cache/recovery log and some thing related to the cache ,

Then I decided to flash it with Asus flash tool , but there also, i got error like cannot write partition , I am afraid the internal memory got corrupted ,
I tried flash the twrp recovery since it is in marshmallo , I cannot able to install the custom recovery to without unlocking boot loader and i am not able to ounlock the boot loader with the asus unlock .apk
What to do now , device is detecting in pc as well as loading recovery and crc modes
Help needed , :

Last edited:

jide1

Oct 30, 2015
kharkiv
@jide1 Hello I need help < my device is 8916 snapdragon 410 It went to a gapps crash , like play services stopped and cannot get out of it , after restart device not turning on it shows asus logo and rotating all time , so I decided to flash the device latest rom using the fastboot and i cleared the cache using the fastboot command like fastboot clear cache , and after that i cannot run anything in recovery it shows some log error like cant mount cache/recovery log and some thing related to the cache ,

Then I decided to flash it with Asus flash tool , but there also, i got error like cannot write partition , I am afraid the internal memory got corrupted ,
I tried flash the twrp recovery since it is in marshmallo , I cannot able to install the custom recovery to without unlocking boot loader and i am not able to ounlock the boot loader with the asus unlock .apk
What to do now , device is detecting in pc as well as loading recovery and crc modes
Help needed , :
Only asus flash tool can help, what type of firmware did you use with it?

arvs47

Aug 16, 2018
Trivandrum
Device is booting I can get into crc mode and recovery but I cannot able to restore or clear cache and also not able to install ROM from memcard getting E: cannot mount .. open cache recovery log and so on

Kingbooker

Jan 17, 2017
some problem

Hey so i actually fixed the phone after quite a few tries and then my phone entered into factory mode but then somehow it came out of it and then the phone got fixed but there is one problem... while the phone was in the factory mode it should the imei number and everything but it could not do calling and other stuff but it could recognise the sim number just i inserted the sim... now i am out of the factory mode i installed a new firmware using the Aft and then i noticed that the imei number is null... i cannot root my phone as the bootloader unlock won't work and my bootloader is certainly not unlocked as i cannot install twrp and so i am stuck on the null imei

jide1

Oct 30, 2015
kharkiv
Hey so i actually fixed the phone after quite a few tries and then my phone entered into factory mode but then somehow it came out of it and then the phone got fixed but there is one problem... while the phone was in the factory mode it should the imei number and everything but it could not do calling and other stuff but it could recognise the sim number just i inserted the sim... now i am out of the factory mode i installed a new firmware using the Aft and then i noticed that the imei number is null... i cannot root my phone as the bootloader unlock won't work and my bootloader is certainly not unlocked as i cannot install twrp and so i am stuck on the null imei
send me a private message, maybe I can help.

Doomzki123

Jan 20, 2020
i have lost my OS in TWRP coz i wiped all including system. i cant install firmware because it says kinda i have wrong one? i have asus zc550kl/z010d SD410 the old one. can anybody help?

jide1

Oct 30, 2015
kharkiv

Doomzki123

Jan 20, 2020
flash a twrp flashable 110 rom

it it does not work, then flash using a service firmware with Asus flash tool

UPDATE:

WOW IT ALL WORKED! i flashed the first file you gave me using TWRP (i forgot the version). at first it failed and said cant mount or unmount /data because the i forgot to mount those things in TWRP mount setting. then i went to sideload and all worked fine. rebooted and now its working again. TY.
for anyeone else who had the same problem, you can email me, i havent deleted the link kharkiv gave me in case.

Last edited:

mrmonjovi

Jan 1, 2014
zemfone 4 selfie dead. Only Qfil recognizes it. heeeellppp!!!

Hi! i have a zenfone ZD553KL Zenfone 4 selfie, that i flashed a stock firmware with twrp. So when i rebooted, it wont start, only a red light flashing when i put in charging. I tried QFIL and recognizes it as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM8).
But those files to flash you are speaking about it, are not present in my 2 firmwares downloaded and unzipped. What can i do please??
ASUS_X00LD-WW-14.0400.1707.149-user
WW_ZD553KL(ZB553KL)_15.0400.1903.508_20190311
Please, help!

I do not know which file i need to put in PROGRAMMER and in XML
Those files you speak about are not present in my firmwares
Do not want to loose again please!! 4 months without my phone. No 1 could help me....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts