How to fix 'Failed to mount /system_root, /vendor and /product (no such directory)'?

Search This thread

zkosmosu

Jan 24, 2021
Poland
I'm using Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse). I don't think I bricked my phone because I can run TWRP, but surely something went wrong when I tried to change one custom ROM (Havoc OS 3.12) to another (crDroid v7.2). Now when I try to flash crDroid zip, this is what happens:

Screenshot_2021-01-24-18-16-26.png

It would be wonderful if someone could help me bring my phone back to life. I've only had it about two months.

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
I'm using Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse). I don't think I bricked my phone because I can run TWRP, but surely something went wrong when I tried to change one custom ROM (Havoc OS 3.12) to another (crDroid v7.2). Now when I try to flash crDroid zip, this is what happens:

View attachment 5197369

It would be wonderful if someone could help me bring my phone back to life. I've only had it about two months.
Nothing get flashed, you can boot back in your previous rom.
Check if partition are not already mounted in TWRP and untick them.
You can also report your issue to the relevant crdroid topic in ROM/DEVforum.

philomath_87

Jan 22, 2021

View attachment 5197369

Try orange fox recovery there you have the option to unmount system n vendor while flashing works fine.
Cheers

harisarang

Sep 26, 2021
Same error can anybody help me out
It is showing me error as,
Failed to mount '/system_root' (invalid argument)
Failed to mount '/vendor' (invalid argument)

ligodligerem

Mar 7, 2019
Marikina
Same problem.. but i manage to install another custom rom. Twrp wont work for that even you repair the Data or change system files. My solution is i use OrangeFox recovery, and install havoc os a11 and it works but other roms like evo x , pixelui, corvus os doesnt work and having error the same as you.

ligodligerem

Mar 7, 2019
Marikina
Which version of orangefox do you have installed!
hey.. i fix it right now. using twrp and orangefox. updated version. please consider to redownload your custom rom zip file. cause thats the reason why its not mounting. I tested it and after i download a new custom rom file and delete the previous custom rom, and put it in main directory "sdcard/" and suddenly it worked.

Reactions: xerel89

Top Liked Posts