How to fix LG G2 with IMEI issue

Search This thread

kingroach

Aug 15, 2007
Long story short, I bricked my lg g2 d801 after flashing twrp recovery and trying to flash custom rom. The phone would restart randomly. I had no connection and the signal bars crosses out in red. In settings most of my info like baseband, imei etc were missing. I was looking up and many people bricked their phones with no EFS backup to restore the IMEI. This is how I fixed my phone. This should also help people who have zeroed out IMEI after bad flash or whatever reason. But you should at least have IMEI number ready (from your box/ receipt or call t-mobile)

1. Flashed the phone to factory firmware using LG support tool. I used the following guide:
http://androidcure.com/unbrick-lg-g2-stock-firmware/

used the firmware: T-Mobile KitKat D80120A_00.kdz

there's also similar guides in xda, follow whichever you prefer. Goal is to revert the phone back to stock.

After flashing the phone, the phone was woking; however imei was null. In phone settings my IMEI was 0. To fix the null/bad imei follow this guide (Not all the steps are my work; this guide helped me http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1942417 , also watched some you tube videos):

2. You need the following drivers and software:
LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN310AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.10.1
QPST_2.7_378
imei converter: http://www.sendspace.com/file/a3spfh

3. After installing the driver; turn on USB debugging and connect the phone to computer

4. Install QPST, run QPST configuration from from start menu

5. Click on Ports tab. Click Add new port. Your phone should be COM4/5. It will say USB after the port. Select the port and click OK.

6. The port should come up on active phones. Select the phone and and click on "Software Download" from start clients menu

7. Click on Backup tab. Your port should appear. Backup by clicking on start

8. Now go to Program Files/qualcomm/qpst/bin folder

9. Run RF_NV_Manager program

10. Click File read from phone. Your IMEI should appear on number 550; NV_UE_IMEI_I

11. In my case; there was no item 550 as my IMEI was missing. Don't worry.

12. Click on file> Read supported RF NV items

13. Now click on item 550. It should show 9 blank fields.

14. Start IMEI converter. Type in your IMEI in enter IMEI click on convert IMEI

15. There will be 18 digits in groups of 9

18. In RF_NV_Manager program; click on Hex by Write NV button

19. IN the 9 boxes; type in the numbers from IMEI converter starting from left. Type in first group of two numbers in the first field, then go to the next field and type in second 2 digits

20. After you fill in; click on write NV

21. Now click on File> Read from phone. NV item number 550 should appear now.

22. Unplug, Restart your phone and your IMEI number should be there and phone should connect to network.

Above process fixed my phone with full 4G LTE data. Now depending on the how bad your EFS was damaged; you might not get 4G lte data. But at least now; you will be able to send the phone back to LG for repair or return to t-mobile as IMEI number will be in your phone.

lyriquidperfection

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2009
Nottingham
You can do this with EFS Professional. It does all the conversion for you and you dont need QPST. Just simply type in IMEI and write to device.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CiscoKydd

tpaxadpom

Oct 28, 2009
I've tried the this guide and it didn't work for me. I get an error when I try to write NV. The good news is that I don't have an immediate need to change/fix IMEI but I was wondering if it ever gets zeroed out I have a way to restore it. I will give your tool a try.

tpaxadpom

Oct 28, 2009
You can do this with EFS Professional. It does all the conversion for you and you dont need QPST. Just simply type in IMEI and write to device.

So the EFS Professional is compatible with phones other than Samsung? Once I've unzipped the file I see a bunch of binaries for Samsung phones, but nothing for LG G2. When I try to run it generates an error the app is for Samsung devices only... Where can I get a compatible binary for LG G2 or EFS professional that works with LG G2?

I've tried Qualcomm NV Tools instead of EFS Professional and I cannot create a backup. When backup is being created it errors out saying the device has been disconnected... Also if I write the IMEI it says it was accepted but it doesn't change.
PS: I should probably start screweing around with these apps since I may introduce the problem. My IMEI is fine.

Last edited:

lyriquidperfection

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2009
Nottingham
So the EFS Professional is compatible with phones other than Samsung? Once I've unzipped the file I see a bunch of binaries for Samsung phones, but nothing for LG G2. When I try to run it generates an error the app is for Samsung devices only... Where can I get a compatible binary for LG G2 or EFS professional that works with LG G2?

I've tried Qualcomm NV Tools instead of EFS Professional and I cannot create a backup. When backup is being created it errors out saying the device has been disconnected... Also if I write the IMEI it says it was accepted but it doesn't change.
PS: I should probably start screweing around with these apps since I may introduce the problem. My IMEI is fine.

Imei will only write if zeroed out. You are correct, EFS Professional is for samsung devices but the Qualcomm NV Tools is universal. I am currently in the middle of updating it so more features can be used on other devices.

kamaleonico

Apr 25, 2014
Ey guys , im new in this foro. Sorry but my english.....i have a LG D802 , the imei said unkown ....I tried the method in this post but always obtain error when i use RF_NV_Manager , when i trie to read files from phone give me an error...the phone bricked when install a new custom rom.
Help please.....

Attachments

• LG.jpg
    LG.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3,171

aplsux

Sep 7, 2011
Long story short, I bricked my lg g2 d801 after flashing twrp recovery and trying to flash custom rom. The phone would restart randomly. I had no connection and the signal bars crosses out in red. In settings most of my info like baseband, imei etc were missing. I was looking up and many people bricked their phones with no EFS backup to restore the IMEI. This is how I fixed my phone. This should also help people who have zeroed out IMEI after bad flash or whatever reason. But you should at least have IMEI number ready (from your box/ receipt or call t-mobile)

1. Flashed the phone to factory firmware using LG support tool. I used the following guide:

there's also similar guides in xda, follow whichever you prefer. Goal is to revert the phone back to stock.

After flashing the phone, the phone was woking; however imei was null. In phone settings my IMEI was 0. To fix the null/bad imei follow this guide (Not all the steps are my work; this guide helped me http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1942417 , also watched some you tube videos):

QPST_2.7_378

3. After installing the driver; turn on USB debugging and connect the phone to computer

5. Click on Ports tab. Click Add new port. Your phone should be COM4/5. It will say USB after the port. Select the port and click OK.

6. The port should come up on active phones. Select the phone and and click on "Software Download" from start clients menu

10. Click File read from phone. Your IMEI should appear on number 550; NV_UE_IMEI_I

19. IN the 9 boxes; type in the numbers from IMEI converter starting from left. Type in first group of two numbers in the first field, then go to the next field and type in second 2 digits

22. Unplug, Restart your phone and your IMEI number should be there and phone should connect to network.

Above process fixed my phone with full 4G LTE data. Now depending on the how bad your EFS was damaged; you might not get 4G lte data. But at least now; you will be able to send the phone back to LG for repair or return to t-mobile as IMEI number will be in your phone.

Hey kingroach, amazing guide, wonderful!

I followed everything step by step. Right now I have some generic IMEI which does not work, I'm trying to write my original one back, but at step 20, when I click "Write NV", the numbers change, the Hex unchecks and the popup comes out. When I close it, Hex goes back to being checked and numbers return to what I made them. and I get this popup:

Capture.png

Here's a video.

Hi, thank you for your help too in these threads. I tried EFS Pro, everything checks out, it says IMEI written, but when phone is restarted, nothing has changed. Do you know if EFS Pro need some other setting enabled to actually change the IMEI?

hoangthuyebvttb

May 31, 2014

QPST_2.7_378

i tried. but at step 5, my my PC said "No Phone". can you help me ????

jaed.43725

Nov 2, 2011
USA
I keep getting
Exception Thrown!!
NvManager::getNvItemsFromPhone( const string comport )-
QpstServer::sendSyncImpl - Bad response from phone (DM packet
commands 19-24)

Any ideas? Please tag me in this.

kingroach

Aug 15, 2007
Did you first reflash the stock rom? Someone was getting similar error and flashing stock rom fixed it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

QPST_2.7_378

you need to pick the correct com port. Check the video couple of pages back that I posted which shows the error and how to fix it.

Correct port is selected. As u can see...

My Baseband is unknown...
    And my IMEI is Null..

I m not rooted.. And getting this error of...

Status Memory Backup Failed
    "Disk error while writing to disk"

Sent from My LG G Flex LG-F340K Stock KitKat V20D on LTE Network using XDA Free Mobile app
    Please send me the solution as well.

1st confirm your actual motherboard then Flash the oldest Tot available... Do a factory reset before and after..

Get OTA updates. After each update do a factory reset.. If you still unable to get your baseband back.
    Then flash the 1st KitKat KDZ for your model. Download all the available modems. Root your phone and install custom recovery.
    Flash all modems one by one. Do a dalvik and data wipe after Flashing.

Press the thanx button..
    You can also donate me some Playstore credit if I helped..

Sent from My LG G Flex LG-F340K Stock KitKat V20D on LTE Network using XDA Free Mobile app
    My phone is a T-Mobile D801, with anything working but IMEI null. LG divers installed, stock KK (D80120e), no root (untouched stock), yet QPST doesn't detect the phone in any port. Adb and fastboot detects it correctly. What's going on? Can't use QPST in this state.

Do u have baseband? I have told you the solution. Did you tried it?