• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to fix my GNex now.!!

Search This thread

agent47er

Aug 16, 2012
Delhi
Quite some time ago, the microUSB port on my Galaxy Nexus started having problems after it got wet in the rain. I have been using it as such ever since, the device does charge, but doe not go into USB mode no matter what I do. Also, during the last flash, my entire storage, including sdcard + system + data got wiped. Is there any way to get it back working without getting it serviced. Also, I have repaired my laptops before, no matter how serious the problem may be. How much more difficult, could it be to install the new replacement part myself.

PS: I live in Delhi, India, so there is no servicing available for the device as of now. Samsung refuses to be able to provide any support at all.

thegtfusion

Jan 24, 2011
Utrecht
Take the phone apart ( pull battery, etc) and put it in a bag of rice. For a couple of days. Just to remove the moisture. Also dont use it. It can harm the phone as it became wet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

agent47er

Aug 16, 2012
Delhi
Take the phone apart ( pull battery, etc) and put it in a bag of rice. For a couple of days. Just to remove the moisture. Also dont use it. It can harm the phone as it became wet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i have already done that... my problem is my phone is entirely wiped, no ROM on it plus no ROM on the internal sdcard as well....
Also, the microUSB port does not work any longer... so the think I was asking is ... is there a way to transfer a ROM zip without having to repair the USB port which in my case i'll have to do myself as there is no support available for the device.
If so, how can i confirm the make of the chip since there seems to be many revisions of the same available....

Petrovski80

Mar 21, 2011
Almelo
i have already done that... my problem is my phone is entirely wiped, no ROM on it plus no ROM on the internal sdcard as well....
Also, the microUSB port does not work any longer... so the think I was asking is ... is there a way to transfer a ROM zip without having to repair the USB port which in my case i'll have to do myself as there is no support available for the device.
If so, how can i confirm the make of the chip since there seems to be many revisions of the same available....

Sure. Use cloud storage (google drive, dropbox, box.net, etc) or access a shared folder on your computer via Wifi with a file manager such as ES File Explorer.

Mach3.2

May 1, 2012
Singapore
Scout eBay for a replacement microusb port board, then take your nexus apart, then replace it. Ifixit have a good documentation on how to take it apart.

Beamed from my Maguro