How to fix OnePlus 8 pro won't turn on

Search This thread

duxler

Aug 31, 2022
Hi everybody. I downloaded IN 2025_11_C.16 https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-8-pro-rom-ota-oxygen-os-repo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4084315 via fastboot uploaded to my Oneplus 8 pro. After the reboot, my phone turned off and didn't turn on. I tried all kinds of inclusion methods. The phone is not responding.

jimger

Dec 13, 2012
Cambridge,UK
OnePlus 8 Pro
Similar to that, I upgraded to C35, went fine, but then tried to fastboot boot latest twrp. Got corrupted. Tried to flash/boot stock boot. NOthing. Same with patched boot. The followed instructions to flash everything. Flashed ok. But after fastboot reboot, doesn't turn on at all... Phone is dead. Can't be recognized as usb from windows, or any sign of charging even with warp charger :(

Similar to that, I upgraded to C35, went fine, but then tried to fastboot boot latest twrp. Got corrupted. Tried to flash/boot stock boot. NOthing. Same with patched boot. The followed instructions to flash everything. Flashed ok. But after fastboot reboot, doesn't turn on at all... Phone is dead. Can't be recognized as usb from windows, or any sign of charging even with warp charger :(
You all are flashing wrong xbl img. Wrong ram versions

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi everybody. I downloaded IN 2025_11_C.16 https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-8-pro-rom-ota-oxygen-os-repo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4084315 via fastboot uploaded to my Oneplus 8 pro. After the reboot, my phone turned off and didn't turn on. I tried all kinds of inclusion methods. The phone is not responding.

Im am sorry for you guys but you hard bricked your phones for real.
The only thing you can do now is to replace the motherboard.

You can't kill the phone that way, try making and Qualcomm Id and use the Qualcomm packager manager to get the tools needed for windows 7,8,10,11

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
You can't kill the phone that way, try making and Qualcomm Id and use the Qualcomm packager manager to get the tools needed for windows 7,8,10,11
"The followed instructions to flash everything. Flashed ok. But after fastboot reboot, doesn't turn on at all..."

He flashed everything which usually means you flash all images extracted from payload.bin and this means you flash xbl.img and xbl_config.img too. But are supposed to be flashed on 8 only (ddr4 ram) only and will kill 8pro/8t/9r (ddr5).

I wish i am wrong but if he flashed ALL via fastboot this is what happend.

jimger

Dec 13, 2012
Cambridge,UK
OnePlus 8 Pro
"The followed instructions to flash everything. Flashed ok. But after fastboot reboot, doesn't turn on at all..."

He flashed everything which usually means you flash all images extracted from payload.bin and this means you flash xbl.img and xbl_config.img too. But are supposed to be flashed on 8 only (ddr4 ram) only and will kill 8pro/8t/9r (ddr5).

Unfortunately that's the case...

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Unfortunately that's the case...
Im sorry for you. Thats an expensive lesson to learn from. If you are lucky you get a free replacement depending on the rules of your country etc. Im from germany and i guess i would get a free replacement here. Anyway if not and you search for a good phone, i recently bought the onepplus nord ce 2 for around 200€ on amazon. Its a decent phone and my dad is happy with it.

jimger

Dec 13, 2012
Cambridge,UK
OnePlus 8 Pro
Im sorry for you. Thats an expensive lesson to learn from. If you are lucky you get a free replacement depending on the rules of your country etc. Im from germany and i guess i would get a free replacement here. Anyway if not and you search for a good phone, i recently bought the onepplus nord ce 2 for around 200€ on amazon. Its a decent phone and my dad is happy with it.
Hopefully will get it here too(UK). Will see. Stupid thing is that it is almost new. Less than 6 months from new. But what's worse, is that now left without phone and signal reception for some days... The bad thing of not having any spare phone...

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hopefully will get it here too(UK). Will see. Stupid thing is that it is almost new. Less than 6 months from new. But what's worse, is that now left without phone and signal reception for some days... The bad thing of not having any spare phone...
Thats a bummer for sure. Im glad i keep my "old" P30 Pro and im using AutoSync to mirror my 8 Pro to the P30 Pro which is at home so if anything happens i still have all my data.

jimger

Dec 13, 2012
Cambridge,UK
OnePlus 8 Pro
Thats a bummer for sure. Im glad i keep my "old" P30 Pro and im using AutoSync to mirror my 8 Pro to the P30 Pro which is at home so if anything happens i still have all my data.
Yeah tbh I have every photo etc backed up. Also run my daily swiftkey backup before updating. But the big big bummer now is that I have no way to restore banking apps to tablet atm... Anyway let's hope at least they replace it...

Reactions: xtcislove

erhandavran

Oct 22, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I know this topic has been brought up before. But there is not always a half and full explanation.I have Oneplus 8 pro too. I can't enter recovery mode. Boots into fastboot. I've printed a wide variety of msm tools files from edl. It writes smoothly, but when opening the boot screen, it says "your device is corrupted it cannot be trusted and may not work properly" and does not open. What could be the reason? Android 10 11 msm roms, Coloros Hydrogenos all but all tried. There is no recovery. I can't open the oem lock, I can't do anything.

Not true oh I know this because I did that as well flashing the wrong ram but I was curious when time and plugged one of my Samsung phones into it and they were able to go into file transfer mode winning the phone is running the problem is getting it picked up with the right driver setup according to know I have read on Qualcomm forms it seems like it's a set of drivers not just an individual one if the device is at the point where it doesn't get to the EDL mode. You can get the signed version of the qualcomm drivers off their website using the qualcomm package manager

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Not true oh I know this because I did that as well flashing the wrong ram but I was curious when time and plugged one of my Samsung phones into it and they were able to go into file transfer mode winning the phone is running the problem is getting it picked up with the right driver setup according to know I have read on Qualcomm forms it seems like it's a set of drivers not just an individual one if the device is at the point where it doesn't get to the EDL mode. You can get the signed version of the qualcomm drivers off their website using the qualcomm package manager
Im sorry my friend i dont understand your post.

Top Liked Posts