Question How to fix pwm on this device?

Search This thread

dragon..

May 20, 2016
You use the camera from another smartphone or another device to look at the screen of the a52. And you change the shutter speed or exposure in the camera until you will see the bars pulsating on the screen of the a52.

dragon..

May 20, 2016
You can't notice it consciously, but some people, including me, are affected by it. The thing is this could easily fixed by samsung, but they wont do it. Other companies have removed the pwm effects on their amoled screens.

You can't notice it consciously, but some people, including me, are affected by it. The thing is this could easily fixed by samsung, but they wont do it. Other companies have removed the pwm effects on their amoled screens.
Damn that sucks, especially when you know its an easy fix from the OEM to implement.
One thing though, from what I've read off the PWM Free apk page, it uses a transparent black overlay and increases its opacity as you decrease brightness. If that's the case then you could use Twilight to acheive the same goal, right? Just max out the brightness and turn off auto brightness, then use Twilight as your brightness adjuster, turning the bluelight option down. Could that work?

The weird thing about the a52 is that it has pwm even on max brightness, so probably twilight wont work as well. I will try it later though. Same problem on the premium samsung range: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5...been-addressed-on-the-s21-series/td-p/2641628
Yeah, it still flickers even at full brightness. Maybe setting it at 60hz could fix that? I'll try it later to see if that could work. My previous phone doesn't have that issue at full brightness, so I'll gauge the difference based on the difference between the two.

dragon..

May 20, 2016
Edit: I also re did the test on my old device, a J7 Pro, and it stops to flicker altogether at peak brightness. So yeah, this phone has very prominent PWM.
Yeah, that's why samsung should do something about it. Because we still have flickering at max brightness, we can't use other software to correct the issue.

renierx

Apr 20, 2007
Šenov
The weird thing about the a52 is that it has pwm even on max brightness, ...
I suspect you didn't actually have the brightness set to maximum. This cannot be set manually, but is only set when the ambient brightness sensor (front camera) is illuminated by a very bright light - the sun, or a very bright flashlight. The brightness of the display is then visibly increased above the normal maximum.

MrZaku086

Apr 8, 2021
is a shame unless samsung make a change in the firmaware the a52 is a pain in the eyes i need to sell mine now i cant play any video game unless i want a eyestrain

vaggbaba

Nov 7, 2012
Pwm sensitive here.
Samsung A71 was OK pwm 240 hz.
Samsung 21fe was OK pwm 240 hz.
Samsung s6 edge was OK pwm 240hz
Mi 11 ultra not OK pwm 480hz. Not OK even with anti-flickering or pwm_free / oledsaver app. Mi 11 ultra has Samsung display E4.
I really don't understand. Maybe is the highs and Bottoms in the amplitudes.