How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Screen Is Green

Search This thread

pichai

Nov 21, 2016
Problem: Samsung galaxy note 9 screen started flickering green occasionally for about a week then after that it went completely green and could barely see anything on the device until it just went completely black screen then green again.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/more-users-facing-green-tint-display-issues-different-galaxy-devices/
I have seen a large number of posts posted on other websites, and many users sent to the Samsung community, but the posts were deleted by the community administrator. This is a global error! I have lost my patience with Samsung and called the after-sales customer service. The customer service only asked me to take the after-sales test. Modern people's life is almost inseparable from the mobile phone. Now my mobile phone display is almost unusable. This is Samsung's own wrong firmware. As a result, after I updated the October patch, the error was not fixed! My work life has been affected! Samsung has not yet acknowledged the problem and has not actively responded to it. Samsung Note 7 has experienced a battery explosion, and now the screen of Note 9 starts to flash green. Samsung is really bad! Even so, the Samsung community manager deleted a lot of feedback about the screen turning green and flashing. I think Samsung’s attitude is problematic! Samsung exploded in note 7 and lost some fans. Now Samsung is not actively fixing the issue of the screen turning green! Caused me to dislike Samsung!

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013
From what I've heard the screen need to be replaced. Buggy software update caused it to damage but samsung is playing dumb by denying it. The screen replacement would cost more than half of the phone's price.

pichai

Nov 21, 2016
From what I've heard the screen need to be replaced. Buggy software update caused it to damage but samsung is playing dumb by denying it. The screen replacement would cost more than half of the phone's price.

Yes, I went to the after-sales service to confirm, the screen needs to be replaced! Users need to pay for Samsung's wrong firmware!
I will never buy anything from Samsung again!

defilante

Sep 1, 2018
Milano
www.scuolavoloagv.com
(Procedure S9 and note9 but should work on all with always display)

It's a software problem.

I show you.

Activate always on display, choose "home button and clock" and "then tap to show".

Exit settings.

Turn off the phone with the physical button on the side, and turn it back on in the same way after two seconds.

Now the screen is green.

Now turn off the phone with the physical key.

Touch the screen, the clock appears and under the virtual key, turn on the phone with the virtual key.

Now everything is fine.

Give it a try, if it works write it here.

Because it would be immoral to spend $ 250 to repair a phone that is only a software problem ..

defilante

Sep 1, 2018
Milano
www.scuolavoloagv.com
The problem is that I have a broken screen and then it always stays green, or it is not the screen, as in this case and if you turn it on in one way it is green and if you turn it on in another it is fine. perhaps it is a case of planned obsolescence

Batas

Oct 15, 2005

It's a software problem.

I show you.

Activate always on display, choose "home button and clock" and "then tap to show".

Exit settings.

Turn off the phone with the physical button on the side, and turn it back on in the same way after two seconds.

Now the screen is green.

Touch the screen, the clock appears and under the virtual key, turn on the phone with the virtual key.

Now everything is fine.

Because it would be immoral to spend $ 250 to repair a phone that is only a software problem ..

This didn't work. It seems a new screen is required. This will be my last samsung for sure... Fisrt, the bad ROM with the Note 4, now this.

Rodneyv

Apr 19, 2021

It's a software problem.

I show you.

Exit settings.

Now the screen is green.

Now everything is fine.

I have this issue with my Samsung Note 9. I searched the internet and found this post. I followed exactly what was said here and this definitely works. It solved my issue., no more green tinted screen. Now I just need to get out of the habit of using the physical button on the side of the phone for turning "on" my phone. Hopefully Samsung will fix this issue soon so we can use the phone as intended, but until then, thank you for helpful information and finding a solution to the problem.

Soham RoX

Mar 3, 2015

It's a software problem.

I show you.

Exit settings.

Now the screen is green.

Now everything is fine.

It's a great solution. To all those who are saying that it's a hardware issue, it's not. Samsung messed it up and the service centre guys are brainless and uneducated enough to not know that.
I would like to propose a better solution - instead of tap to show and then force clicking the home button, you can set always on to permanently show and choose the home button option. That way, you will only have to press the home button and won't have to go for the extra procedures.
Again, this method is just a modification to the original hack and kudos to the editor for thinking that way!

aZooZa

Jun 6, 2005

It's a software problem.

I show you.

Exit settings.

Now the screen is green.

Now everything is fine.

Worked for me. Thank you!

Reactions: sudheeshts

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Rule #1 if your OS is fast, stable and fulfilling its mission...
Do Not Update!
This goes double for carrier phones. AT&T for example will wreck your phone with their later updates.

With Pie and above security isn't an issue unless you do something stupid. Don't get sucker in by scare hype.
Always redundantly backup critical data to at least 2 hdds and always be ready to reload. Reload if you can't resolve a malware issue asap. Cover your ass...ets

Your Sammy will run well for many years if you leave it be🤣

brandon2001

Mar 10, 2010

defilante's method worked for me. However, if I am on the phone and need to use another app after the screen has gone to sleep, I have a green screen again. In other words, doing phone calls, I can't access any other app and see it. Once the call is over I used the method mentioned and clear screen again.​

Reactions: freddywhite

Whisky_NeaT

Nov 21, 2021
Not a Note 9 or S 9 but I got the same issue with Note 10 plus 7-6 days ago and I couldn’t go to a service centre to fix it. now the green screen issue is gone. I don't know how but it's totally gone. I just used the device usually with that green screen error around 4 - 5 hours per day (but stopped all the heavy works and reduced screen brightness too.) and yesterday evening I saw the green screen had gone when I unlocked phone. so my advice is just give it some time to check if it'll be restored and fixed.
In case if it's fixed don't use the phone heavily as you did before (If you've used heavily) and use it under low brightness (don't maximise it).

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
I got the same issue one fine day and even the device reset option did not work for me.

THe only option which works is to keep the "Always on" screen activated and unlock through it. Anybody saying ITS A HARDWARE ISSUE, must be able to answer that why the hardware works fine if unlocked via Always on screen and not when unlocked normally.
Its a temporary measure and the problem is very irksome. One side I have to live with an additional battery drain of Always On screen now. And on the other side, the issue still persists if I get a call from someone as the screen is green and totally unreadable (especially under sunlight)

Did anyone try a Custom ROM and got this issue fixed? I am going to try custom rom only for this issue and thought of checking here just in case.

When people buy sammy phones at sucha high price, the expected device life has to be much much more compared to Chinese phones, else why pay such high premiums.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I got the same issue one fine day and even the device reset option did not work for me.

THe only option which works is to keep the "Always on" screen activated and unlock through it. Anybody saying ITS A HARDWARE ISSUE, must be able to answer that why the hardware works fine if unlocked via Always on screen and not when unlocked normally.
Its a temporary measure and the problem is very irksome. One side I have to live with an additional battery drain of Always On screen now. And on the other side, the issue still persists if I get a call from someone as the screen is green and totally unreadable (especially under sunlight)

Did anyone try a Custom ROM and got this issue fixed? I am going to try custom rom only for this issue and thought of checking here just in case.

When people buy sammy phones at sucha high price, the expected device life has to be much much more compared to Chinese phones, else why pay such high premiums.

So the display completely normal when you run it like this? If you have the tap on AOD option, it should use little battery.
Try not using the lock screen at all. I double tap on/off always.

With its millions of semiconductors throughout it could still be a hardware issue. Ever wonder what happens when just one fails?
You maybe bypassing the damaged pathway...

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
So the display completely normal when you run it like this? If you have the tap on AOD option, it should use little battery.

With its millions of semiconductors throughout it could still be a hardware issue. Ever wonder what happens when just one fails?
I dont have enough knowledge on this subject to either completely agree or disagree with you.
Let me try few custom ROMs and old official firmware versions and then I will be able to say anything conclusively.

Cheers!

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I dont have enough knowledge on this subject to either completely agree or disagree with you.
Let me try few custom ROMs and old official firmware versions and then I will be able to say anything conclusively.

Cheers!
If the original stock firmware doesn't function as it once did, then the hardware state has changed.
If you can avoid using that pathway with different firmware than the defect is irrelevant.
It's rather interesting but it's just a guess on my part.
Are there any redundant pathways? Self healing for any circuits other than flash memory cells? Don't know but I suspect not.
Pretty amazing these devices last as long as they do.

freddywhite

Oct 29, 2011
SF

defilante's method worked for me. However, if I am on the phone and need to use another app after the screen has gone to sleep, I have a green screen again. In other words, doing phone calls, I can't access any other app and see it. Once the call is over I used the method mentioned and clear screen again.​

My wife's Note 9 has had this problem since mid-2021. I bought her a Pixel 6 as a replacement. Always-on display indeed works but as you said, once you're on a phone call, you in trouble again. Amazing Samsung has totally ignored this - I guess the phone is old enough to pretend like this problem doesn't exist.

Turbobusa311Hp

Jan 17, 2022
Adding my experience to the mix. Bought my unlocked Note 9 (512GB) the week it was released. Never had a problem until 2-3 months ago. Started having an issue with an app not recognizing that it was paid for so I did a factory reset for the first time since I purchased the phone. After the reset, boom, green screen just like everyone else and the same workarounds work as well. Doesn't feel like a hardware issue and Samsung/UBreakiFix have been no help. Samsung really needs to step up quick because I'm getting ready to go out and buy an iPhone 13 Pro Max.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's a software problem.

I show you.

Exit settings.

Now the screen is green.

Now everything is fine.

Problem: Samsung galaxy note 9 screen started flickering green occasionally for about a week then after that it went completely green and could barely see anything on the device until it just went completely black screen then green again.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/more-users-facing-green-tint-display-issues-different-galaxy-devices/
    I have seen a large number of posts posted on other websites, and many users sent to the Samsung community, but the posts were deleted by the community administrator. This is a global error! I have lost my patience with Samsung and called the after-sales customer service. The customer service only asked me to take the after-sales test. Modern people's life is almost inseparable from the mobile phone. Now my mobile phone display is almost unusable. This is Samsung's own wrong firmware. As a result, after I updated the October patch, the error was not fixed! My work life has been affected! Samsung has not yet acknowledged the problem and has not actively responded to it. Samsung Note 7 has experienced a battery explosion, and now the screen of Note 9 starts to flash green. Samsung is really bad! Even so, the Samsung community manager deleted a lot of feedback about the screen turning green and flashing. I think Samsung’s attitude is problematic! Samsung exploded in note 7 and lost some fans. Now Samsung is not actively fixing the issue of the screen turning green! Caused me to dislike Samsung!

It's a software problem.

I show you.

Exit settings.

Now the screen is green.

Now everything is fine.

Worked for me. Thank you!

Cheers!