How to: Fix the p*ss yellow band on the One's screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
great video and quite entertaining to watch with his commentary. too many youtube phone related channels dont speak their mind, quite nice change.
-------
tl;dw... easiest way to resolve it
1) go to a nail salon and put the bottom portion of ur phone on the UV rays for 5-10 minutes and the yellow tint will go away
2) put your phone on the dashboard for several hours in direct sunlight
3) use the phone and it'll cure eventually.

id probably go with #1 #3 as people talked about #2 doesnt work because the windshield filters out UVB radiation

Last edited:

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS

#2 doesnt work because the windshield filters out UVB radiation
+1

If you want to expose your phone to UV, this won't work. Nearly all automotive glass contains additives that absorb UV to prevent premature aging of interior plastics. I'm not sure about household glass, but I'd assume the same.

Last edited:

beastlykings

Jan 7, 2009
Pinconning, MI
I thought I read somewhere here that the yellow is a cm11 'color adjustment' feature, and that if you install color OS the color isn't there at all?
Not calling fake, on either count, but I'm hearing conflicting information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Free mobile app

Mr Woolf

I thought I read somewhere here that the yellow is a cm11 'color adjustment' feature, and that if you install color OS the color isn't there at all?

Lol. I was 'lucky' enough to get this feature, but many people do not have the piss band. Maybe they'll get it in the next update.....

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

angus242

Oct 18, 2012
Will County, IL
keep in mind, this guy is not a very trustworthy source. he recently faked an email from oneplus to try and drag them through the mud.

Actually, he received email from what he believed was OnePlus. He mentioned multiple times he could not prove it was legit. After talking with a legal team, they were not able to confirm the source of the message so he recanted the statement(s).

Reactions: the Doctor

Sisyphus306

Aug 12, 2012
Abingdon
You could probably do something like #2 if you work in or have access to an older building. My employer's building's windows don't block UV rays, so if necessary I could place the phone on the sill on a warm, sunny day. A lot of schools and churches are probably the same way.

1n9i9c7om

Oct 16, 2013

There are different kinds of yellow'ish screens. One is just the warm color which you can change somewhere in the settings AFAIK (I don't have the phone yet, but I believe I read that somewhere), and the other one is the issue with the glue where you have a yellow'ish band on the bottom of the phone.

an_xda

Apr 23, 2012
The UV light is hit or miss for a lot of people on the 1+ forums and nobody really knows if using it for a prolonged period of time will cure the 'glue' (nobody can confirm this is a glue problem either). The problem is too inconsistent, if it really were glue most of the phones leaving the factory ASAP would have the same issue...

Matt7262

Apr 18, 2014
great video and quite entertaining to watch with his commentary. too many youtube phone related channels dont speak their mind, quite nice change.
-------
tl;dw... easiest way to resolve it
1) go to a nail salon and put the bottom portion of ur phone on the UV rays for 5-10 minutes and the yellow tint will go away
3) use the phone and it'll cure eventually.

id probably go with #1 #3 as people talked about #2 doesnt work because the windshield filters out UVB radiation

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    keep in mind, this guy is not a very trustworthy source. he recently faked an email from oneplus to try and drag them through the mud.

Actually, he received email from what he believed was OnePlus. He mentioned multiple times he could not prove it was legit. After talking with a legal team, they were not able to confirm the source of the message so he recanted the statement(s).