• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question How to fix the proximity sensor problem?

Search This thread

afdals

Dec 4, 2010
My Mi 11 Ultra is acting wired from two weeks ago. The Display is getting automatically off without even I'm going near to Ear. To WhatsApp Audio messages also when start to listen the auto the screen is getting off. I tried maximum possible to clean the phones upper part but still same. Please anyone help me how to fix this issue.
Sorry for my Bad English.
Thank You..

MRaximus

Nov 10, 2018
Huawei P30 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
My Mi 11 Ultra is acting wired from two weeks ago. The Display is getting automatically off without even I'm going near to Ear. To WhatsApp Audio messages also when start to listen the auto the screen is getting off. I tried maximum possible to clean the phones upper part but still same. Please anyone help me how to fix this issue.
Sorry for my Bad English.
Thank You..
Well, I have exactly the same problem, but only with WhatsApp, Viber works as it should. Once I tried rubbing the upper part of the display (where all the sensors are) and it seemed to work, albeit just for a while.

What other apps do you have problems with?

veimus

Probably like Xiaomi Mi 11- Mi11 Ultra doesn't have psychical proximity sensor, it has virtual proximity sensor made by Elliptic Labs, so some apps can be acting wired or Virtual Proximity sensor is not yet optimized for them.

Xiaomi Mi 11 does not use a physical (hardware) sensor for proximity, but an algorithm studied by Elliptic Labs which uses speakers and microphone.

https://www.ellipticlabs.com/home/

You can use Google to find more about it

Mi11.PNG

Last edited:

galr

Jun 18, 2014
Sadly it's a mess. It works so bad, most of my calls are with a screen on and sometimes it turns off when I don't want it to. It works worse than any phone I have ever used.

veimus

Sadly it's a mess. It works so bad, most of my calls are with a screen on and sometimes it turns off when I don't want it to. It works worse than any phone I have ever used.
I had same in early first xiaomi.eu stable releases, but after all I see improvements over time, it's not perfect but better than before. At least my screen is off most of the calls,

galr

Jun 18, 2014
Same here, no fix and it's horrible... Makes me think if i ever going to buy Xiaomi again
It's a huge duckup in a flagship phone. Sometime I wonder if Xiaomi has QA at all.

For example: open pro mode in the camera, change only the EV to -0.3. now change lens to the ultra wide. Basically you need to change the EV every time you change lens..it's silly.