How to fix unable to mount data internal storage 0mb in twrp permanently :

elreymon

Nov 25, 2009
So what exactly are you aiming to do. I know if you just flash stock and boot the device, then reboot to fastboot then boot to twrp it should work fine. But if your trying to go straight after ./flash-all.sh then fastboot boot twrp then it wont work because the partition isn't formated yet
Well the problem is that after booting system the ROM makes some changes in data partition. After that my TWRP can't access to it. It says that "unable to find crypto footer". It seems a problem of TWRP not being able to mount (read) a data partition despite the fact that it's not encrypted.

root_failure

Apr 20, 2016
Well the problem is that after booting system the ROM makes some changes in data partition. After that my TWRP can't access to it. It says that "unable to find crypto footer". It seems a problem of TWRP not being able to mount (read) a data partition despite the fact that it's not encrypted.
I have the same problem and don't know how to actually fix it. My thoughts are exact - TWRP thinks data is encrypted or something and it just refused to mount it.

praiser44

Feb 8, 2020
Thank you very much worked on s8

Note : This will wipe/format your Data partion and your data will be reset.

INSTRUCTIONS :

1) Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.

2) Go to Wipe menu.

3) Go to Advance Wipe.

4) Select Data and go to Repair or Change File System.

5) Click Repair File System. (If not fix, go to step number 6)

6) Go to Change File System.

7) Select Ext2 and swipe to confirm.

8) Now change back to Ext4 and swipe to confirm.

9) Now go back and check if your partions can be mount or not from Mount menu.

10) If not fix, repair your Internal partition. (This may wipe your Internal storage).

OR Unlock your bootloader again.
worked on s8

Reactions: herbi1966

moh.tataloo

Mar 15, 2015
Note : This will wipe/format your Data partion and your data will be reset.

INSTRUCTIONS :

1) Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.

2) Go to Wipe menu.

3) Go to Advance Wipe.

4) Select Data and go to Repair or Change File System.

5) Click Repair File System. (If not fix, go to step number 6)

6) Go to Change File System.

7) Select Ext2 and swipe to confirm.

8) Now change back to Ext4 and swipe to confirm.

9) Now go back and check if your partions can be mount or not from Mount menu.

10) If not fix, repair your Internal partition. (This may wipe your Internal storage).

OR Unlock your bootloader again.
hi....tanks for your selution..
its working on G570F but after first boot into system and return to recovery data unmounted again!!
g570f -android oreo 8.0 TWRp 3.1.1 ..please get a way forever data mounted...tanks i am waiting for this

Last edited:

culiacanazo

Jan 3, 2016
Culiacán
this put me in a bootloop and I had to use TWRP's recovery bootloop feature to get out.

0/10 didn't work don't recommend...
sparrow, dont be that guy. share your experience, yes, theres also always something to be learned from, ahem, people messing up, but at least bother, its only 4 pages, do you know what the rest are saying?

a mix of successes with successes being reverted, but any new damage absent, which leads me to strongly believe: theyre ALL WRONG, you, my sweet child, have been wronged by the gods by virtue of having put you thru such undeserving harship... NOT!

come on, rework your rating/recommendation, unless youre fighting for a full refund.

fernandosma

Apr 5, 2020
doesnt work.

Hi every one, im doing exactly as it says and im still getting the same message. Even i try to re unlock boot loader and it doesnt work. I have installed TWRP 3.2.3-0

Thanks.-

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

sparrow, dont be that guy. share your experience, yes, theres also always something to be learned from, ahem, people messing up, but at least bother, its only 4 pages, do you know what the rest are saying?

a mix of successes with successes being reverted, but any new damage absent, which leads me to strongly believe: theyre ALL WRONG, you, my sweet child, have been wronged by the gods by virtue of having put you thru such undeserving harship... NOT!

come on, rework your rating/recommendation, unless youre fighting for a full refund.
Hola amigo, entiendo que hablas español. Es un viejo post, pero aca en argentina el mobil que tengo me lelgo nuevo de eeuu. Es un motorola xt1650-03. Hice todos los pasos y me sigue dando el error de que no puede montar. Trate de cambiar el Filesystem de las particiones y no me deja. Trate de ponerle el Lenovo smart asistant, detecta el mobil pero dice que no es compatible. Y es raaro porque hasta anoche anduvo, pude reinstalarl el mobil de cero. Y cuando volvi a tratar de flashear empece con esto. Si me podes dar una mano te lo agradeceria. Con esto de la cuarentena aca se apegaron todos muy en serio y no hay nadie que repare celulares, encima es un pequeño pueblo y hay una sola tienda ... gracias bro

culiacanazo

Jan 3, 2016
Culiacán
Hi every one, im doing exactly as it says and im still getting the same message. Even i try to re unlock boot loader and it doesnt work. I have installed TWRP 3.2.3-0

Thanks.-

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Hola amigo, entiendo que hablas español. Es un viejo post, pero aca en argentina el mobil que tengo me lelgo nuevo de eeuu. Es un motorola xt1650-03. Hice todos los pasos y me sigue dando el error de que no puede montar. Trate de cambiar el Filesystem de las particiones y no me deja. Trate de ponerle el Lenovo smart asistant, detecta el mobil pero dice que no es compatible. Y es raaro porque hasta anoche anduvo, pude reinstalarl el mobil de cero. Y cuando volvi a tratar de flashear empece con esto. Si me podes dar una mano te lo agradeceria. Con esto de la cuarentena aca se apegaron todos muy en serio y no hay nadie que repare celulares, encima es un pequeño pueblo y hay una sola tienda ... gracias bro

I can help remotely, although perhaps i won't be the fastest.
However, English in public, or if you prefer español, it'll be in PM.
Your turn.