• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[HOW TO] Fixes for Common Problems with ICS ROMs

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
I know I'm not the first one to post all of these things, but I wanted to make a concise and easy place for people to find ICS fixes. If you think you came up with something, I will be glad to give you credit.

Fix Chrome Beta

Are you getting a message saying that Chrome isn't working because you don't have Android 4.0 or above on your ICS ROM? Well, there's an easy fix. I originally found this on RootzWiki, but I wanted to make a detailed guide for you guys.

1) Download root file manager of your choosing (I recommend Root Explorer).
2) Navigate to System.
3) Long press on the build.prop file.
4) Select Open With, then Text Editor.
5) Find the line that starts with "ro.build.id" (It should be the 2nd or 3rd line)
6) Change whatever it says after the = sign to "IML74K"
7) Hit menu, then save changes.
8) Reboot.

Enjoy your working Chrome Browser!

Fix YouTube Streaming Over 3G

Simply start playing the YouTube video, then click HQ in the bottom left corner. The video will take time to load and use more data, but will work fine!

Fix Minus Not Showing Files on Your Phone

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen and select "Full Site." You can now see all the files.

Fix Camera Starting on Black Screen
*This may break front camera on Aeroevan's build*

Download this and either push it to system/app with adb. Or, use root explorer to copy it there, then set permissions to rw--r-r--. Then, reboot.

Fix Front Camera Taking Messed up Pics in Aeroevan's Latest Beta

This has worked for me in the past, but it is a huge pain. Every time you want to take a picture with the front facing camera, clear the data for the camera app in manage applications.

Fix Soft Keys not Lighting Up

Toggle Auto Brightness in Display Settings.

If there are any other things people want added, I will do my best to add them.

Last edited:

StolenLamp

Jun 8, 2010
Fix Front Camera Taking Messed up Pics in Aeroevan's Latest Beta

This has worked for me in the past, but it is a huge pain. Every time you want to take a picture with the front facing camera, clear the data for the camera app in manage applications.
Please excuse this question if it's a bit noobish, but how exactly do I do this in the ICS rom? There's no clear "Manage Applications", and when I go to Apps in the settings, Camera doesn't show up on any of those lists. Any tips?

faehsemc

Jun 25, 2011
Titusville
Anyway to make touch responsiveness as well as gb? I know ics has the hardware acceleration and they way you flick or slide matters.. but I really don't like swiping 5 times to go to another screen and until we have an official kernel I know it won't be perfect

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium