IMPORTANT :- My imbox is overflowing with PMs, please keep sending them but understand that I won't be able to reply immediately.
We all know FlappyBird that super irritating bird crashing into every obstacle it sees. Since FlappyDoge was released I am sure some of you decompiled that apk and snooped around a bit. I made this thread for the less advance users who haven't had the guts to do that! Think how cool it would be to show your friends your version of Flappy____ that has your face on it!
I've created some elements in Photoshop ( and attached the psd's ) so that you find editing the game even easier.
Here is an example I quickly did ( Really quickly ) :
C:\[B]Path to apktool[/B]>apktool d "Original FlappyBird.apk" workspace
Now we get to the actual modding, download my zip here. In there is a font folder, open that up and install the font.
- Unzip then navigate to assets/gfx - This folder contains most of the Graphic elements of FlappyBird. ( The birds, Buttons, Score etc. )
- In there is two files, a psd and png, open the atlas.psd in Photoshop and edit away, I categorized the parts already. Note:- If you don't have Photoshop, you can edit the png, it will be a little bit harder though.
- Copy the "atlas.png" to the assets/gfx of the decompiled apk.
- In my Zip, navigate to drawable - Once again there is a psd and png file, edit as you like.
- Copy the "splash.png" to /res/drawable of the decompiled apk.
- The folders: drawable-640dpi ; drawable-mdpi ; drawable-xhdpi ; drawable-xxhdpi contains different sizes of icons.
- Edit them as you like, again there is psds and pngs. - You can easily change the color gradient in Photoshop!
- Copy all the ic_launcher.png files to their corresponding folders in the decompiled apps /res directory.
5. App Name and Others:
In my Zip, navigate to /values in there is a strings.xml open it with your choice of advanced text editor ( e.g. Notepad++ ).
To change the app name, edit the following line:
<string name="app_name">Flappy Pulse</string>
Then copy the strings.xml to the decompiled apk's /res/values/ folder.
6. Recompile & Sign:
Again recompile using My guide.
C:\[B]Path to apktool[/B]>apktool b workspace Flappy[B]Example[/B].apk
Remember to sign your app otherwise it wont' install! - I always use Zipsigner
That should do it! Hope you learned some things and had fun, enjoy raging at your own personalized Flappy_____
Thanks to @holabola for indirectly giving me the idea.