• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question How to flash a Android 12 ROM without decryption problem?

Search This thread

meirioon

Jul 5, 2021
I've been struggling to flash Android 12 without my internal storage to be unaccessible by TWRP... I simply can't decrypt my data and the only way to fix it is to format data and revert back to a Android 11 ROM.
Did anyone manage to flash Android 12 successfully? How?

DKXC

Jul 5, 2018
Well I gotta tell you sadly, decryption does not work for any Android 12 system currently. So you gotta have to live with it, until we get decryption support.

And don't try to fiddle with disabling encryption, I did it and I quickly regretted it.

Also, you always have to format data after flashing a ROM to remove encryption, except if you update your current ROM.

Reactions: KackBarton

KashMiester

Apr 13, 2011
ADB Sideload is the answer.
If you have TWRP installed already then as you know when you go into recovery you cant see any data. User ADB Sideload instead and it will flash it the same way

Reactions: RAMBO29

meirioon

Jul 5, 2021
If you have TWRP installed already then as you know when you go into recovery you cant see any data. User ADB Sideload instead and it will flash it the same way
ADB sideload isn't the answer, because that's already what I use to flash a Android 12 based ROM. Doesn't change that TWRP can't decrypt data

Reactions: RAMBO29

KashMiester

Apr 13, 2011
ADB sideload isn't the answer, because that's already what I use to flash a Android 12 based ROM. Doesn't change that TWRP can't decrypt data
That is because their no recovery that will decrypt A12, just not possible yet. Sideload is the way for now, it works fine. Decryption isn't available yet and hopefully someone cracks it soon

sujju

Jun 26, 2014
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Not towards achieving decryption, however after flashing A12 ROM, and clicking on format data, I get numerous errors with TWRP. Any solution? Is it related to recovery or some issue with data partition? Thanks!

RAMBO29

Jan 9, 2007
Munich
Many people have issues with TWRP. Flash Orangefox recovery in TWRP, boot into it and try.
Not towards achieving decryption, however after flashing A12 ROM, and clicking on format data, I get numerous errors with TWRP. Any solution? Is it related to recovery or some issue with data partition? Thanks!

Toflamo

Dec 2, 2021
I'm having the same issue but how can I revert back to a Android 11 ROM if my internal storage is inaccessible?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been struggling to flash Android 12 without my internal storage to be unaccessible by TWRP... I simply can't decrypt my data and the only way to fix it is to format data and revert back to a Android 11 ROM.
    Did anyone manage to flash Android 12 successfully? How?
    Well I gotta tell you sadly, decryption does not work for any Android 12 system currently. So you gotta have to live with it, until we get decryption support.

And don't try to fiddle with disabling encryption, I did it and I quickly regretted it.

Also, you always have to format data after flashing a ROM to remove encryption, except if you update your current ROM.