Question How to flash a different model firmware (i.e. SM908E onto a phone currently running SM9080)

Search This thread

SamLux

Nov 13, 2022
Hi everyone,

I do have a Snapdragon S22 Ultra that is currently running SM9080.
However, non of the CSC versions available for this firmware has eSim support.
Therefore I would like to try flashing the SM908E firmware (which should have eSim support) and which is also a snapdragen hardware.

My problem right now is that ODIN does not flash the different firmware onto the phone, so I'm looking for help on how to technically do that.

What I've tried so far:

1. Tried to flash BL/AP/CP/CSC files *without* "re-partition" option enabled.
    This gives the error "Re-Partition operation failed."

2. Tried to flash BL/AP/CP/CSC files *with* "re-partion" option enables and a PIT file selected.
    This ends up with Odin reporting "SetupConnection..." and then basically freezing for some time until it reports "Complete(Write) operation failed."

Note the Device is currently not yet rooted.

So I'm a little bit lost now what the problem is and how to do the next step .... :cry:

Any suggestions or ideas are highly welcome! (y)

Last edited:

SamLux

Nov 13, 2022
Further info: I've now also tried to
  • unlock the bootloader
  • root the AP file with magisk
Nothing helps to.

I can flash e.g. a magisk-rooted firmware SM-S9080 but I can't flash S908E.

This is the error message that I get when trying to use the "re-format" option and also select the PIT file.

<ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401).. <ID:0/005> File analysis.. <ID:0/005> Total Binary size: 10810 M <ID:0/005> SetupConnection.. <ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed. <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Starman2021

Jan 1, 2021
Hi everyone,

I do have a Snapdragon S22 Ultra that is currently running SM9080.
However, non of the CSC versions available for this firmware has eSim support.
Therefore I would like to try flashing the SM908E firmware (which should have eSim support) and which is also a snapdragen hardware.

My problem right now is that ODIN does not flash the different firmware onto the phone, so I'm looking for help on how to technically do that.

What I've tried so far:

1. Tried to flash BL/AP/CP/CSC files *without* "re-partition" option enabled.
    This gives the error "Re-Partition operation failed."

2. Tried to flash BL/AP/CP/CSC files *with* "re-partion" option enables and a PIT file selected.
    This ends up with Odin reporting "SetupConnection..." and then basically freezing for some time until it reports "Complete(Write) operation failed."

Note the Device is currently not yet rooted.

So I'm a little bit lost now what the problem is and how to do the next step .... :cry:

Any suggestions or ideas are highly welcome! (y)
You should just be able to flash the home csc in Odin. I currently have a 908e with the 908w csc installed this way.

SamLux

Nov 13, 2022
No luck so far ...

Tried the "patched Odin" -> same propblem

Tried to flash only the CSC file with ODIN -> doesn't work

Installed TWRP according to this guide Link but when I try to install any of firmware ZIP files then I get the error message that the ZIP file is not okay.

So what help now would be if I know how I can use TWRP to maybe flash one of the downlaoded firmware files.

Any idea?

Last edited:
Reactions: hassouna61

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No luck so far ...

Tried the "patched Odin" -> same propblem

Tried to flash only the CSC file with ODIN -> doesn't work

Installed TWRP according to this guide Link but when I try to install any of firmware ZIP files then I get the error message that the ZIP file is not okay.

So what help now would be if I know how I can use TWRP to maybe flash one of the downlaoded firmware files.

Any idea?