How To Guide How to flash A pixel experience GSI for Samsung A52s

Search This thread

khaledkakeesh

May 31, 2020
I want to use this ROM as a daily driver, so I have some question I would appreciate if someone can answer me
1- Does the camera work ? And does gcam also work ? How is the pics quality ?
2- Does stereo speaker work ?
3- How is the battery life ?

Reactions: srslye

oli231

Apr 26, 2021
Poland
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
I want to use this ROM as a daily driver, so I have some question I would appreciate if someone can answer me
1. For me its working But Gcam is not tested
2. Yes, you need enabled to phh settings
3. Better than stock

Last edited:

TEKME

Mar 21, 2011
Flashed it today, some small issues:

-Fingerprint reader doesn't work, even with Phh fix broken FP reader option on
-Can't disable stereo speaker mode
-Auto brightness is kinda bad
-Can't disable SIM 2
-Couldn't find a decent Gcam yet, stock camera app is terrible

Other than that it's really pleasant to use, way faster than the stock Samsung firmware and battery life seems better too. You have to enable "Enable extended brightness range" in Phh settings to get max brightness by the way.

theghostkill

Jul 15, 2017
Flashed it today, some small issues:

-Fingerprint reader doesn't work, even with Phh fix broken FP reader option on
-Can't disable stereo speaker mode
-Auto brightness is kinda bad
-Can't disable SIM 2
-Couldn't find a decent Gcam yet, stock camera app is terrible

Other than that it's really pleasant to use, way faster than the stock Samsung firmware and battery life seems better too. You have to enable "Enable extended brightness range" in Phh settings to get max brightness by the way.
You need to change the fingerprint color to white to make it work. And just add two fingerprints for the same finger.

theghostkill

Jul 15, 2017
1. Hotspot doesn't work. You will have to use USB tethering.
2. VOLTE doesn't work.
3. Cameras work by default in PixelExperience & Descendent GSI
4. For fingerprint - You need to change the fingerprint color to white to make it work. And just add two fingerprints for the same finger.

FYI - This isn't a custom ROM, this is a GSI

mori321

Jul 25, 2022
Do you plan on fixing some of the issues with the hotspot and VoLTE? I'd love to use this GSI as a daily driver but these are big issues for me especially because of VoLTE mainly, 3G calls are way too muffled for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arm1nas

Ap9008000

Aug 12, 2022
could you please name the option since i have sucessfully downloaded gsi but unable to use fingerprint please

edit : got it !!

Last edited:

clurtyx

Aug 17, 2022
Has anyone had issues with Bluetooth? When I try to connect to a bluetooth device it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Also, where is the option to change the fingerprint color?

Arm1nas

Apr 7, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Hi,

Can you please guide how to flash TWRP/RECOVERY and how to flash rom using fastboot , i am mi user just now i switched to Samsung, please provide me step by step process .thanks
While the phone is powered off, hold volume up and power buttons to boot into download mode. Using oding flash the provided modded recovery by putting the recovery zip file in the AP slot in odin. After flashing reboot the phone to recovery holding volume down and power buttons. Then select fastboot mode with volume and power keys, then using command line on your PC paste the commands to flash the images.

Reactions: PranjalGoswami

Khaver89

May 9, 2013
Can you help me please, i unlocked bootloader, then flashed magisk, patched the boot.img, rooted, and installed your recovery.
but when "adb device" my device is "Unauthorized" (yep debug usb is ON), and if i enter fastboot and "fastboot flash system system.img" it just -waiting for any device- and nothing happens

:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread cleaned!!

For the love of Pete one and all! Is it too much to ask for a little respect and tolerance from and towards each other?
    While we always enjoy spirited debate, I still, even after 11 years on XDA, don't understand why discussions must resort to rudeness and name calling when disagreements occur.

So Please, as a simple request, I am asking you all to please keep disagreements relegated to PM's, or take the fight to FB, IG or wherever, so you can impugn each other as much as you want
    since this rudeness and disrespect will not be tolerated on XDA as XDA Rule 2.3 clearly states.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated, and expected, as per the Forum Rules. It's just that simple my friends.

-Regards: Badger50
    Senior Moderator
    Tutorial how to flash PixelExperience
    Step 1. Root your phone
    Step 2. download TWRP APP
    Step 3. flash recovery via TWRP APP
    Step 4. download Pixel Experience
    Step 5. Flash using Fastboot, command fastboot flash system system.img
    Step 6. Go back to recovery and wipe data
    Step 7. reboot to system and volla, you have Custom ROM
    (besides the one that OP says to flash which supposedly is a modded version of stock recovery that would enable fastboot on this device
    That's correct! This is moddeed version of stock recovery with enabled FASTBOOT
    For what I understand this TWRP is simply an application from which you could flash another custom bootloader but it can't be use as a stand alone TWRP you can't flash with PC Odin and you can't boot on it to do backup and restore of the whole android system or flash another custom rom. ^^
    I think he meant TWRP app where he said TWRP, the app discussed earlier. Currently there's no twrp or other recoveries (besides the one that OP says to flash which supposedly is a modded version of stock recovery that would enable fastboot on this device (going by the posts in this thread, I'm holding off unlocking BL and tripping Knox untill there's actually things available to flash))