[HOW-TO] Flash AOSP Android 10 GSI on Realme X2 Pro CN Global IN

Search This thread

exadeci

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney
I regret buying this phone. Seriously the spec list is really attractive for the price but the os experience is so garbage. Paying 150€ more on Aliexpress for a 7T would have been a better choice I think. And dev community on this device is also so poor, we can't expect much improvement. I hope we get some custom ROM that's stable enough and where we can get everything working properly. Otherwise it's a waste of money.

I'm with you on this one I miss my Note 9 One UI. That being said the phone is still quite recent so there's time for improvements to come, RealmeUI seems quite nice.

Yea I saw that but having a password or pattern in 2020 is like 2012 vibes. I think there is no face unlock available either. I am always driving and unlocking with a password or pattern is not convenient at all.

Which version do you have? I have the CN and there is face unlock in Settings > Fingerprint, Face & Password.

gunyz

Feb 12, 2018
I'm with you on this one I miss my Note 9 One UI. That being said the phone is still quite recent so there's time for improvements to come, RealmeUI seems quite nice.

Which version do you have? I have the CN and there is face unlock in Settings > Fingerprint, Face & Password.
I am on color OS but it's so trash. I had a one plus 5t then 6t but I wanted to save money as price of OnePlus devices are getting expensive. The Oxygen OS is so much better than this. X2 pro was a copy of 7t but the higher price is on the software.
I know there is face unlock available on color OS. I was talking about custom ROMs. On custom, there is no fingerprint, no face unlock. Only pattern or pw.

mKenfenheuer

Jul 20, 2014
Someone made 90hz display work on one plus 7 pro with custom gsi ROM. Hope we could get 90hz and BT soon.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/guide-flash-treble-roms-op7-pro-t3937880

I've made a change to the dtbos relating to the display panel, forcing the display to 90 hz refresh rate.
Please make a backup of your dtbo partition first. if something goes wrong you cannot even boot into recovery and will have to flash the stock dtbo using fastboot.

Attachments

• dtbo-90hz.img
    3.1 MB · Views: 121
  • dtbo-60hz.img
    3.1 MB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20200214-114821.jpg
    Screenshot_20200214-114821.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 567

ospeto

Feb 28, 2017
I've made a change to the dtbos relating to the display panel, forcing the display to 90 hz refresh rate.
Please make a backup of your dtbo partition first. if something goes wrong you cannot even boot into recovery and will have to flash the stock dtbo using fastboot.

How to flash it? Any specific guide or command for it?

John Amin

Apr 19, 2017
This is awesome buddy,,appreciate your work
If you can or have any idea for a working fingerprint with gsi
That would be great

Reactions: talalahmed

exadeci

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney
OP's link isn't up to date, the latest version will be here:

https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases/

Flash the arm64 gapps AB (or vanilla if you don't want google services)

Also to get the Bluetooth working delete /vendor/overlay/BluetoothResCommon.apk

For some reason my phone was on GSM/wcdma (no 4g) you can change that with Preffered network type in the settings LTE/WCDMA was the one for me

Last edited:

talalahmed

Nov 12, 2017
Is there a way I can fix Bluetooth audio after booting into system(I've been using this gsi for three weeks now so I don't want to lose all my data) when I try to delete the apk file it's on read only and can't be changed to be written

minhvang

Aug 17, 2017
Who can help me. Please. My phone has problem and cant boot. All file auto rename

:eek:
Tutorial How to Flash the Rom

My Device: Realme X2 Pro 12 GB Ram CN Edition

First Thanks to the People who made that Possible
@datty
@phhusson
@Jerry08
@others

What will you need for this Tutorial ?

ADB / Fastboot (On Mac Windows Etc)

Make Sure your Phone is Unlocked and TWRP is Installed If Not Follow this Other Tutorial
> https://forum.xda-developers.com/realme-x2-pro/how-to/guide-unlocking-bootloader-to-getting-t4010189

Boot into Fastboot Mode and Flash This Empty VBMETA File
1. fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (Attached the vbmeta)
2. Boot to recovery, mount vendor partition.
3. Adb Push fstab.qcom as follows

./adb push fstab.qcom /vendor/etc/

(I've attached mine for those who just want to adb push Thanks to @datty for the Fix)

4. Flash The GSI File
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_...nload/v201/system-quack-arm64-ab-gapps.img.xz (you need to extract the XZ First) Just Flash the System Partion (it will Include Gapps)

5. Go to Wipe and Format Data , Reboot Have Fun

WARNING: FINGERPRINT WONT WORK

Another Thing if you didnt have TWRP Installed make Sure to Flash the VBMeta of Jerry08 first and after you went for the First time into TWRP , you can flash the Empty VBMeta of this thread (inside Fastboot Mode) Enjoy

ANOTHER THING:
THIS Rom will Turn Your CN DEVICE into a Fully Global Device , Hello Google Etc works just fine.

romis

Apr 26, 2010
ive followed this tutorial and after flashing GSI file i didnt wipped out data but rebooted my phone, now i have android flashing on the screen and cant even turn the phone off or restart it. power button doesnt work wtf? did i bricked it? any thoughts?

romis

Apr 26, 2010
ive followed this tutorial and after flashing GSI file i didnt wipped out data but rebooted my phone, now i have android flashing on the screen and cant even turn the phone off or restart it. power button doesnt work wtf? did i bricked it? any thoughts?

never mind i was able to restart in to bootloader and recovery mode

ZenoDiac

Dec 10, 2019
Cape Town
OP's link isn't up to date, the latest version will be here:

https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases/

Flash the arm64 gapps AB (or vanilla if you don't want google services)

Also to get the Bluetooth working delete /vendor/overlay/BluetoothResCommon.apk

For some reason my phone was on GSM/wcdma (no 4g) you can change that with Preffered network type in the settings LTE/WCDMA was the one for me

I've tried this version on the CN device.
Followed the same instruction as in OPs post but just replaced the img with this one.
It did not work. It got stuck in a bootloop.

exadeci

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney
I've tried this version on the CN device.
Followed the same instruction as in OPs post but just replaced the img with this one.
It did not work. It got stuck in a bootloop.

You either flashed the wrong image or didn't do a format data (the one that asks you to type "yes" to confirm and deletes everything on the phone)

ZenoDiac

Dec 10, 2019
Cape Town
Yes I think you are right - will have to format again.

Do you know what is the difference in Formatting before you flash the system.img vs formatting after flashing the system.img?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone