• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to flash back to original RC29? I've flash back my recovery and boot image

Search This thread

fluke.l

Nov 8, 2008
How to flash back to signed-kila-ota-115247-prereq.TC4-RC19+RC28.zip?

I've flashed my mtd1 and mtd2 which I backed up before I apply the modified recovery.img.

But when I do the reboot and update, It said:

"E: No signature (376 files)"
"E: Verification failed"

It seems I dont get my images flashed correctly, be I'm sure the boot image was flashed..

:confused:

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
How to flash back to signed-kila-ota-115247-prereq.TC4-RC19+RC28.zip?

I've flashed my mtd1 and mtd2 which I backed up before I apply the modified recovery.img.

But when I do the reboot and update, It said:

"E: No signature (376 files)"
"E: Verification failed"

It seems I dont get my images flashed correctly, be I'm sure the boot image was flashed..

:confused:

I'm assuming you have the modified recovery.img installed. Run SignApk.jar on the signed-kila-ota-115247-prereq.TC4-RC19+RC28.zip. Rename it to update.zip and put it on the sdcard (taking care to unmount the usb mass storage before unplugging). Boot into recovery menu (Home+Red) and Alt+S to flash. When it's done press Home+Back as prompted. That should do it.

fluke.l

Nov 8, 2008
Isn't the official RC29 update.zip signed with google's private key?

How could I sign it?

I'm just recovered to the offcial boot.img and recovery.img, which were backed up by myself from mtd1 and mtd2.

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
The way signing works with java archives is rather than encrypting the files themselves, the signing process simply adds a list of filehashes encrypted with the priv key. Resigning simply overwrites this list with your own (in this case the test private keys).

If you want to install with the original stock ota update then flash the original recovery.img (you can extract it from the stock ota update).

fluke.l

Nov 8, 2008
The way signing works with java archives is rather than encrypting the files themselves, the signing process simply adds a list of filehashes encrypted with the priv key. Resigning simply overwrites this list with your own (in this case the test private keys).

If you want to install with the original stock ota update then flash the original recovery.img (you can extract it from the stock ota update).

Thanks. I got it.
I'll do this soon.

I've failed with log into google account many times with the unofficial update package.

Everytime when I finished log in, the com.google.setupwizard throws exception.

im.l0ltn

Nov 9, 2008
Right I have the modified RC30 and the modded recovery & boot image.
I'm going to return my G1 for a new one but before i do, i need to flash it back so it can install the OTA updates. (Phone keep shutting off when i close my screen) I want to make sure what I'm going to do is correct so i don't brick my phone.

Download the RC29 patch and extract the recovery & boot img.
Flash the images into the phone.

Is this correct ?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
You don't need to reflash recovery or boot. Use SignApk.jar on the official RC29 or RC30 and put it in the root of memcard. Reboot and flash. Should be official. You have to sign it with test keys or the modified recovery will reject it.