How to Flash boot.img / kernel.elf / kernel.sin using flashtool

Search This thread

ganeshbiyer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Tutorial to Flash boot.img or kernel.elf or kernel.sin using FLASHTOOL.

Make sure that the Drivers are installed. The drivers can be found under the Flashtool folder. A must for Windows.
Set USB Debugging On from Settings - Developer Options.
Connect the phone to the PC.
Click 1
- Click the Lightning icon.
Select 2 - Select the Fastboot Mode.
Click 3 - Click Ok.
Click 4 - Select Reboot Into Fastboot Via Adb and wait for the phone to go into fastboot mode. (Blue led).
Click 5 - Select Reboot Into Fastboot Via Fastboot and wait for the phone to go into fastboot mode. (Blue led).
Click 6 and 7 - Select the boot.img or kernel.elf or kernel.sin.
Click 8 - Reboot phone. After reboot, the phone will be in recovery mode.
screenshotfrom201210301.png

Attachments

• Flash_Boot_Image.jpg
    Flash_Boot_Image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 18,893
Last edited:

beveve

Aug 18, 2012
is this OC kernel solely for paranoid rom?
can i use this with original sony firmware?
bootloader is locked btw, does it matter?

Spectre51

This thread isn't dealing with the OC kernel specifics and issues its solely a guide for people to flash things through fastboot utilizing FlashTools. If your bootloader is locked you don't have access to fastboot.

mgnrfan

Jul 3, 2010
Stucked :(

Everytime I tried flashing boot.img it gets stuck no progress on Flashtool and when I disconnect ti gives error "Too Many Lines"

I have Downloaded CM10 : FXP148-cm-10-20121124-UNOFFICIAL-anzu ROM from FXP site and using the boot.img found in the same ZIP.

Can someone please help?

Note: I already have unlocked bootloader, when I try flashing this using Fastboot it gets stuck at sending boot.img prompt...

ganeshbiyer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Everytime I tried flashing boot.img it gets stuck no progress on Flashtool and when I disconnect ti gives error "Too Many Lines"

I have Downloaded CM10 : FXP148-cm-10-20121124-UNOFFICIAL-anzu ROM from FXP site and using the boot.img found in the same ZIP.

Can someone please help?

Note: I already have unlocked bootloader, when I try flashing this using Fastboot it gets stuck at sending boot.img prompt...

Posting the exact error messages would help.

Sent from my Xperia ION on Miui using XDA Premium app.

mgnrfan

Jul 3, 2010
Posting the exact error messages would help.

Sent from my Xperia ION on Miui using XDA Premium app.

Thanks for the response Ganesh, there is not error, it just gets stuck, no progress after I select the correct boot.img and press ok

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Thanks for the response Ganesh, there is not error, it just gets stuck, no progress after I select the correct boot.img and press ok

Update [SOLVED]:

I guess the boot.img in the build FXP148-cm-10-20121124-UNOFFICIAL-anzu was not proper.
I have downloaded the FXP146a-cm-10-20121111-UNOFFICIAL-nozomi build and flashed the boot.img it worked perfectly.

Thanks

Spectre51

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Update [SOLVED]:

I guess the boot.img in the build FXP148-cm-10-20121124-UNOFFICIAL-anzu was not proper.
I have downloaded the FXP146a-cm-10-20121111-UNOFFICIAL-nozomi build and flashed the boot.img it worked perfectly.

Thanks

148 worked fine for me.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL

Reactions: unimaginable

juviman35

Mar 17, 2008
Mafraq
have a openned boot loader and i do the same steps , but when i flash the rom it,s abort flashing
and i try to flash the img boot first and try to inter the recovery mod its still in a black lighting screen
i don't know where i made mistake

and in case i don't unlock the boot loader how i know if it lock or unlocked ?????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tutorial to Flash boot.img or kernel.elf or kernel.sin using FLASHTOOL.

Make sure that the Drivers are installed. The drivers can be found under the Flashtool folder. A must for Windows.
    Set USB Debugging On from Settings - Developer Options.
    Connect the phone to the PC.
    Click 1
    - Click the Lightning icon.
    Select 2 - Select the Fastboot Mode.
    Click 3 - Click Ok.
    Click 4 - Select Reboot Into Fastboot Via Adb and wait for the phone to go into fastboot mode. (Blue led).
    Click 5 - Select Reboot Into Fastboot Via Fastboot and wait for the phone to go into fastboot mode. (Blue led).
    Click 6 and 7 - Select the boot.img or kernel.elf or kernel.sin.
    Click 8 - Reboot phone. After reboot, the phone will be in recovery mode.

Nice guide, but its a lightning icon not thunder ;) Should get this stickied.
    Thread stickied. Nice job :)
    Try download emma from Sony web side that will fix your problem.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

It can be used only on cm9 based roms and not on original sony firmware.