• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to flash corvus os 15 Android r in redmi 10x 5g

Search This thread

Abducted23

Dec 13, 2020
I think i did wipe data. I mean it says so clearly in the guide so i assume i did. :)

The GSI installer method i tried a while back. The method from this guide i tried last weekend.

Before flashing to any GSI rom did you just have the stock xiaomi ROM installed?

The stock MIUI is android 10. Can you flash to an android 11 GSI rom or does it have to be android 10 too?

SirruxKyrios

Jan 8, 2018
I think i did wipe data. I mean it says so clearly in the guide so i assume i did. :)

The GSI installer method i tried a while back. The method from this guide i tried last weekend.

Before flashing to any GSI rom did you just have the stock xiaomi ROM installed?
Yup just the stock xioami rom. I wonder why it did not work for you.

btw can you aslo give me the link for the stock rom mi flash tool? im trying to flash this one right now. i might need it lol

when you say wipe data, you mean the format data in TWRP right? where you need to type Yes before doing so?

SirruxKyrios

Jan 8, 2018
Type fastboot reboot fastboot
this step is confusing where to type this? it's not allowing me to do such thing in fastboot. it says unknown reboot target. please help

Edit: I was able to enter the "fastboot reboot fastboot" command but after that my phone goes to fastbootd but cmd is not recognizing my phone anymore it just says <waiting for devices>

Last edited:

Abducted23

Dec 13, 2020
btw can you aslo give me the link for the stock rom mi flash tool? im trying to flash this one right now. i might need it lol
It's not the stock flash tool but this one works better for me.

https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools (You need java installed)

Also this one can be really useful for recovery if you get stuck in a boot loop: https://www.xiaomitool.com/V2/

For me the first one works better, but the 2nd one is really really easy to use.

Reactions: pierro78

Abducted23

Dec 13, 2020
when you say wipe data, you mean the format data in TWRP right? where you need to type Yes before doing so?
Again i'm not sure if i used this wipe method, but i have used this method before (when you have to type YES). Just not sure if i did it when trying the GSI installer method.
I think i will give it another try today with the GSI installer method and corvus.

EDIT: Just noticed that Corvus V15 in this thread is android 11... Should i get a previous version? Maybe that also explains why it's not working for me.

Last edited:

Abducted23

Dec 13, 2020
I just installed this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tk.hack5.treblecheck
And i get this info. This is also the error i've been getting: Your device used Dynamic Partitions (super partitions). You can only flash high-level partitions through fastbootd, or you will encounter an error saying the partition does not exist.

First of all 'fastbootd' is not a typo. When i read it in this (how to flash corvus) guide i thought it was a typo and should just be fastboot.
Apparently there is such a thing a 'fastbootd'

SirruxKyrios

Jan 8, 2018
I just installed this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tk.hack5.treblecheck
And i get this info. This is also the error i've been getting: Your device used Dynamic Partitions (super partitions). You can only flash high-level partitions through fastbootd, or you will encounter an error saying the partition does not exist.

First of all 'fastbootd' is not a typo. When i read it in this (how to flash corvus) guide i thought it was a typo and should just be fastboot.
Apparently there is such a thing a 'fastbootd'
Yeah actually I was able to enter the fastbootd on my phone the problem is after i reach fastbootd my fastboot cmd on my PC does not recognize the device it just keeps saying <waiting for any devices> . thats where im having a problem with. now I dont know how to make the pc recognize the device hahaha. have you reached this part??

Last edited:

Abducted23

Dec 13, 2020
Yeah actually I was able to enter the fastbootd on my phone the problem is after i reach fastbootd my fastboot cmd on my PC does not recognize the device it just keeps saying <waiting for any devices> . thats where im have problem with. now I dont know how to make the pc recognize the device hahaha. have you reached this part??
U need to install an unsigned driver apparently: https://c.mi.com/oc/thread-3312019-1-0.html
Quite the workaround...

Abducted23

Dec 13, 2020
I was able to install that driver without having to disable driver signature enforcement. Makes it a lot quicker.

This command does nothing for me: fastboot reboot fastboot
I just get the listing with all the options just like when you just type 'fastboot'

Last edited:

Abducted23

Dec 13, 2020
I got fastbootd working!

After installing those drivers i got the latest SDK Platform Tools from google (with ADB and fastboot) and used that.

Just unpack in c drive.
After i ran the command 'fastboot reboot fastboot' in that folder my phone restarted and now it says fastbootd on the screen (with the same (russian?) bunny working on an android image)

Abducted23

Dec 13, 2020
Ow wait it still says 'waiting for any device' on my computer.... I now realise that's the problem u were having. I guess install that driver doesnt fix that...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1 flash miui recovery img
    Go to fastboot and type fastboot flash recovery recovery1.img
    After that hold power button and volume up button until you see a Chinese menu with three options first select option two after that option one and after that option two after wiping data you will see that three options again select option one and select option one then hold volume down button until you see fastboot
    Type fastboot reboot fastboot
    Wait
    You will see fastbootd then rename corvus image to system.img
    Then type
    Fastboot flash system.img
    Click power button
    Wait
    When you see corvus boot animation hold power button and volume down button until you see fastboot
    Rename twrp image to recovery.img
    Then type
    Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    Fastboot flash misc misc.bin
    Fastboot boot recovery.img
    In twrp flash permissiver 5 then reboot to system
    Done.
    If you want gapps download magisk app
    When it's download rename it to magisk.zip
    Go to twrp
    Flash it
    Reboot to system rename it to magisk.apk and install it after that download this file

After that go to magisk in modules go to install from storage and select zip you downloaded flash it with magisk after reboot you will see play store is added to your app drawer install Google apps you need from play store
    Hi everybody,

Still mad at myself for buying this phone (with MediaTek SOC) because of the lack of custom ROM support. Never had this issue before with any of my phones. If only i knew this before. The hardware of the phone is great, but the software makes it really frustrating to work with.

So i've tried a lot of things to either mod the original (Chinese) ROM so it's at least functional. And i have also tried multiple of these GSI ROM install methods. Everytime without succes.

I've tried your previous method with the 'GSI installer' and the one from this guide. Neither of them worked. (Boot loop). I have a feeling i run into trouble because (if i'm correct) the original ROM uses a 'super' partition and not a 'system' partition.
    If i remember correctly the GSI installer couldn't continue because it couldn't find the system partition.
    In this guide (for corvus) i figured i'd flash the system.img to my super partition. Of cource that doesn't work either. If only it was that simple.

Everytime it fails i have to flash back to a standard xiaomi ROM and start all over again. Because for some reason the TWRP backups also dont work for me.

So maybe i'm missing a step in the guide or i've already tried so much to mod my phone i've changed settings/partitions that shouldn't have been changed for this guide to work.

My bootloader is unlocked, i have/had TWRP 3.41 installed.

After a fail i flash back to the original ROM using Xiaomi ABD/Fastboot Tools (xiaomiABDFastbootTools.jar)

Any help would be appreciated!
    It's not the stock flash tool but this one works better for me.

https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools (You need java installed)

Also this one can be really useful for recovery if you get stuck in a boot loop: https://www.xiaomitool.com/V2/

For me the first one works better, but the 2nd one is really really easy to use.
    can u send the invite link for the telegram group please