How To Flash Custom 6.0.1 Roms On Locked Bootloader That Cannot Be Unlocked

Search This thread

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
OK, so after 2 days trying to flash MM 6.0 using "[How-To] Update to G900V_PF4 - 6.0.1" by muniz_ri, and no sucess. Started with fresh flash PB1, rooted and kept hanging at Samsung screen. So I decided to try this method by jrkruse. I ran into another issue. First updated Busybox to latest then installed Safestrap without issue, but it failed to boot to SS, hung at Samsung screen, then I tried many different version of SS and still no luck. Finally I decided to use FF instead and VOILA!! sucess. It took a while at Verizon screen, but it worked!! The nice thing about using FF is that I can preconfig all the steps then click flash.

tserv95

Mar 1, 2015
Those with Booting Issues after Flashing on SafeStrap

Was able to flash the stock MM rom successfully through SafeStrap. Try removing battery and putting battery back in if you get a blank screen like I did after following the steps. After doing so I was greeted with the boot screen so all seems to be working right. I couldn't get an aroma rom to work though for some reason at least for me it froze every time I tried. Well if this works I'll try an aroma rom next and let you guys know.

Stupifier

Jun 8, 2010
Was able to flash the stock MM rom successfully through SafeStrap. Try removing battery and putting battery back in if you get a blank screen like I did after following the steps. After doing so I was greeted with the boot screen so all seems to be working right. I couldn't get an aroma rom to work though for some reason at least for me it froze every time I tried. Well if this works I'll try an aroma rom next and let you guys know.
Just FYI, Safestrap does not support Aroma installer.....

Barabba11

Sep 8, 2015
I've a problem here, since I've a Verizon CID11 and G900VVRU2BPB1_G900VVZW2BPB1_G900VVRU2BPB1 the SD card isn't working. That means I've to load all into the internal memory, but if I wipe data I lose all packages. I tried then to move them to root folder, wipe, and move them back, but safestrap reboot when I try, probably not enough space inside. I tried other folders but it's the same.

Now I want to use FF for a try, but how I can chose to wipe in the middle of the process?
So many problems :(

SoccerRef12

May 17, 2012
Lampasas
I've a problem here, since I've a Verizon CID11 and G900VVRU2BPB1_G900VVZW2BPB1_G900VVRU2BPB1 the SD card isn't working. That means I've to load all into the internal memory, but if I wipe data I lose all packages. I tried then to move them to root folder, wipe, and move them back, but safestrap reboot when I try, probably not enough space inside. I tried other folders but it's the same.

Now I want to use FF for a try, but how I can chose to wipe in the middle of the process?
So many problems :(
With FF you can reorder what you want it to do by dragging a step (actually pressing/holding then moving) a step to a new order.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Barabba11

Barabba11

Sep 8, 2015
I was wrong, wipe data doesn't delete the /sdcard folder. So I proceed exactly as the instructions, phone finally booted with a new rom.. or at least didn't brick on the logo. Now I'm stuck 5 min to the Verizon screen, I read it takes 11 min, so I'm waiting.
As last step I installed also gapps, I hope they're not influencing the process.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Ok it worked, I've 6.0.1 now, but SIM card still locked and no SD card. What can I do?
Verizon application still botherin me. The file G900V_PF4_Bootloader.tar.md5 had been accepted in past when I tried to install 6.0.1 from another thread, if I flash it by Odin will it make situation better?
Honestly I don'tcare to revert to Safestrap, I just want phone working with SIM and SD. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

New update. Eve if Verizon bother SIM card is working. Now may I ask if there is a way to avoid Verizon to check (what about Knox_Removal_SU_BB_INIT.D.zip?) and to have SD card working? I'm afraid there may be an electrical/hardware problem on phone and I've few days left to replace it by a new one. Is it possible that SD stopped working after flashing G900VVRU2BPB1_G900VVZW2BPB1_G900VVRU2BPB1_HOME.tar.md5? I do remember that when I boot phone with its previous rom I was reading SD.
Thank you

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
OK, I tried this on my second S5. Everything went smoothly no issue. However I have a question, as soon as the phone boot up, it download software update. Is it safe to take this OTA upgrade? I would guess probably it's the PF4?

Barabba11

Sep 8, 2015
You can use this Tethering_Fix_Knox_Removal_Slight_Debloat_V2.zip It removes knox adds hotspot fix and removes about 40 useless apps. This is only for Verizon PD1 MM roms

I've a question, now I have the 6.0.1 rom loaded folowing the procedures of thei thread,
unfortunately I read only later at page 7 the Tethering_Fix_Knox_Removal_Slight_Debloat_V2.zip, if I now Odin
NI2_stock_kernel.tar.md5, go to safestrap and flashing the Tethering_Fix_Knox_Removal_Slight_Debloat_V2.zip will everything later be ok? Should I reinstall apps/do I lose configurations of phone?
How to boot in normal boot, it's just enough to rebbot from safestap without Odin nothing?
Thank you!

Griffith500

Apr 16, 2011
NJ
I've a question, now I have the 6.0.1 rom loaded folowing the procedures of thei thread,
unfortunately I read only later at page 7 the Tethering_Fix_Knox_Removal_Slight_Debloat_V2.zip, if I now Odin
NI2_stock_kernel.tar.md5, go to safestrap and flashing the Tethering_Fix_Knox_Removal_Slight_Debloat_V2.zip will everything later be ok? Should I reinstall apps/do I lose configurations of phone?
How to boot in normal boot, it's just enough to rebbot from safestap without Odin nothing?
Thank you!
@ Jrkruse - thank you again for a fantastic update and easy to follow instructions. I initially followed you guidelines to root and now upgraded to v6.0.1 using this thread. I ended the instructions with flashing MM_KERNEL_SS-FF_Flashable.zip (don't need SS right now )

I have a sm-g900v and use T-Mobile. I added the usual apn ( fast.t-mobile.com ) but had no data connection - it says LTE in thedisplay but only had phone, no data. I changed the APN to epc.t-mobile.com and now have data; however it is slow and don't think it's actually LTE. Other phones in the same location work with both APNs and are way faster.

Any ideas where I can start looking?

Thanks again

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Thank you!
After flashing your phone configuration will be EXACTLY THE SAME, but with working mobil hotspot.
First, make sure you have MM kernel and the Tethering_Fix_Knox_Removal_Slight_Debloat_V2.zip on your phone (internal or external card).
1) use Odin to flash NI2 kernel, your phone will reboot
2) During the boot up screen, you see 2 options, one (to the left) is boot to recovery, the one to the right is normal bootup. HIT THE LEFT ONE, BOOT TO RECOVERY. Your screen will turn black for 30-45 sec, then you will be in SS recovery.
3) You are now in Safestrap recovery, flash Tethering_Fix_Knox_Removal_Slight_Debloat_V2.zip, then flash MM kernel.
4) Reboot and you're done.

nachoalt

Jun 30, 2012
Hi! Im on 4.4.4. nk2 unrooted sm g900v. I think its unlocked because im able to use it in Argentina.
Id like to know if itd be possible for me to follow this guide and keep using my phone the same way? Should I first downgrade to ni2 and root it and then follow these steps? Thanks!!

Barabba11

Sep 8, 2015
Thank you!
Thank you, as Flashing MM kernel only you think this file is good?
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24572369242687206

Barabba11

Sep 8, 2015
After flashing your phone configuration will be EXACTLY THE SAME, but with working mobil hotspot.
First, make sure you have MM kernel and the Tethering_Fix_Knox_Removal_Slight_Debloat_V2.zip on your phone (internal or external card).
1) use Odin to flash NI2 kernel, your phone will reboot
2) During the boot up screen, you see 2 options, one (to the left) is boot to recovery, the one to the right is normal bootup. HIT THE LEFT ONE, BOOT TO RECOVERY. Your screen will turn black for 30-45 sec, then you will be in SS recovery.
3) You are now in Safestrap recovery, flash Tethering_Fix_Knox_Removal_Slight_Debloat_V2.zip, then flash MM kernel.
4) Reboot and you're done.
Please read the reply up, thanks

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone