How to flash RUU on MAC osx (link)

Search This thread

matthew0776

Dec 22, 2012
Chicago
Have u tried this...? I thought u couldnt run a RUU on a MAC.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

matthew0776

Dec 22, 2012
Chicago
Watch the video I thought it wasn't possible too, I'm stunned

I jus did... But ...?!?! I don't know why it worked...plus I thought a prompt window was supposed to pop up when u ran RUU ... I've seen a few vid when ran from pc...? Coming from the world of Nexus so this wasn't really an issue...we would jus flash stock img via fastboot...

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
This isnt running a RUU. This is just running fastboot commands on a mac, same way as running them on linux. Do "man fastboot" or just do "fastboot" to see all the commands that can be ran.

matthew0776

Dec 22, 2012
Chicago
This isnt running a RUU. This is just running fastboot commands on a mac, same way as running them on linux. Do "man fastboot" or just do "fastboot" to see all the commands that can be ran.

But he's running a ruu zip in vid tho. I'm familiar with fastboot and adb commands on a Mac... But read u can't flash RUU zips on Mac Cuz they are only compatible with PC...?? I honestly have no clue ive been on a nexus device for the last 4 yrs so this is new to me. In the past I would jus flash stock IMG via fast boot to return to stock for any ins PR service probs

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

juangil

Jan 29, 2009
PhOeNiX ArIzOnA
Rom.zip from RUU_file

the only way to flash a Ruu in bootloader using Mac OSX is by extracting the Rom inside the RUU_file.exe, to do this you have to use windows, open/run RUU_xxxx.exe (just open it and leave it open, by doing this, windows will create a folder inside TEMP folder) and look for Rom.zip inside TEMP/ folder ... you have to look for it inside some long named folders, just look for a folder with a big size and you proly find it inside, then use the commands in the video to flash it

Reactions: matinm90

suattyani

Mar 12, 2014
not available

The youtube video says "not available"

Can anybody briefly tell me what the video says?

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rom.zip from RUU_file

the only way to flash a Ruu in bootloader using Mac OSX is by extracting the Rom inside the RUU_file.exe, to do this you have to use windows, open/run RUU_xxxx.exe (just open it and leave it open, by doing this, windows will create a folder inside TEMP folder) and look for Rom.zip inside TEMP/ folder ... you have to look for it inside some long named folders, just look for a folder with a big size and you proly find it inside, then use the commands in the video to flash it